Squad 2017/18

Not sure if this question has been asked, so apologies in advance.

Do we think JS is working within our usual budget or has Corney found a bit of extra money?

It feels like the latter but that is based purely on gut feeling and no evidence.

I rate Corney has a lot more money in the bank then he lets on to the public I just reckon he acts like he's not got much so so he can negotiate cheaper deals with clubs for players he's not daft if you notice he always finds the money to invest when he thinks it has potential for good profit in future i.e. Dummigan Hunt Holloway 

Edited by Markspark92

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Not sure if this question has been asked, so apologies in advance.

Do we think JS is working within our usual budget or has Corney found a bit of extra money?

It feels like the latter but that is based purely on gut feeling and no evidence.

We've signed Gardner from League 2, Hunt who was surplus to requirements at Brighton, Davies who on paper is probably at the lowest point of his career and Tope who had been arsing about in Scotland when he came in last season...

I'm happy with all of those signings, in fact I'm very happy but, none of them strike me as needing us to have pushed the boat out financially...

26 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We've signed Gardner from League 2, Hunt who was surplus to requirements at Brighton, Davies who on paper is probably at the lowest point of his career and Tope who had been arsing about in Scotland when he came in last season...

I'm happy with all of those signings, in fact I'm very happy but, none of them strike me as needing us to have pushed the boat out financially...

I get that, HB, but it feels like a bigger and better squad in comparison to close of transfer window last season and not forgetting we are still going to add further.

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I get that, HB, but it feels like a bigger and better squad in comparison to close of transfer window last season and not forgetting we are still going to add further.

Are we not just getting back to what has become a novel concept of starting a season with a proper squad? 

The soft bigotry of low expectation yet again has people lauding Corney for doing what should be about the minimum....

(If he gets us Baxter I'll laud him to high heaven :grin:) 

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He must read these pages? Hi Simon. You have heard what people are saying sign Baxter, more money on the gates will cover his wages! Do it, do it. Give us a mention or your next vid. You named and shamed the haters, now give some lover to your backers. Love you Simon ❤️

I think Harry's making a bid for the "lover" gig!!!

Could be that we've paid off alot of the outstanding bills for the stand, could be the we have had a cash windfall from a clause we don't know about, could be that Corney has funded this himself, could be that the last 2 summers were down to sheer incompetence who knows.

While I don't think we are going to do that much this season I'd still see top 10 as a progressive season. I'm just glad we are actually doing things properly for once.

Edited by GlossopLatic