According to FourFourtwo magazine

442 always talks bollocks. Could understand it if we were talking about the old one. Kilmarnock and Liverpool deserve to be on there. Proper traditional. 

Have they made their annual prediction we are going down yet?

Edited by philliggi

23 minutes ago, philliggi said:

442 always talks bollocks. Could understand it if we were talking about the old one. Kilmarnock and Liverpool deserve to be on there. Proper traditional. 

Agreed. They've done a worst badge article too and it'd have looked more in place there.

33 minutes ago, philliggi said:

9 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Agreed. They've done a worst badge article too and it'd have looked more in place there.

Whereas I prefer a more traditional badge, I have no problem with a modern approach to badge design. Fulham, Juventus are two striking examples. Ours ain't too bad.

15 minutes ago, jimsleftfoot said:

As much I prefer the old badge, the new badge is better than most. Badges tend to be boring and if anything it's quirky.

I think it'd have been a great badge if we'd have had an Oldham Ice Hockey team in the 90's.

4 hours ago, jimsleftfoot said:

As much I prefer the old badge, the new badge is better than most. Badges tend to be boring and if anything it's quirky.

Really? I'd say the standard shield template with animal is painfully generic in new designs, or at least that's the impression I get. Everton resisted a similar design to us fairly recently.

Our badge is not very objectionable because there's really not much to it.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

Really? I'd say the standard shield template with animal is painfully generic in new designs, or at least that's the impression I get. Everton resisted a similar design to us fairly recently.

Our badge is not very objectionable because there's really not much to it.

Can't disagree as per basic template, but the owl on our badge (old and new) has always had personality, rather than say just being an owl symbol.

The new badge in particular, whether it is likeable is one thing but it does stand out. As 4-4-2 mentions, its definitely giving evils!!

Edited by jimsleftfoot