Bailey Peacock-Farell

If we are looking for a 2nd choice keeper, I was massively impressed with Aleks Gogic who played 1st half for Macc against Derby on Saturday. He is there on trial after being released by Fleetwood. He looked like a real prospect. Commanding, great shot-stopper.

He didn't make a first team appearance for Fleetwood which obviously suggests he has weaknesses but I think he would be well worth looking at.

11 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I wonder if in other seasons we'd have just taken this Peacock-Farrell lad on, even though he's not impressed during the trial period.

I think we've appreciated the impact that a solid 'keeper can make to a season.

A lad I deal with in leeds every day tells me this kid is a real prospect and highly regarded by the coaching staff at Elland road. He reckons for us not to pursue him we must have something big lined up.

And before you ask for a source his dad coaches the kids at leeds

Just now, rudemedic said:

U20 Woodman?

Yes. Following his World Cup performances there was talk of him being loaned out and Bury was mentioned because Clark had him on loan at Killie for the back end of last season.. Clark has then been quoted as being interested and it's been in the Bury Times. Can't see Murphy being happy being second choice and cant see Newcastle wanting Woodman sat on a league one bench.

On the incoming transfer front, Clark is interested in taking England Under-20s’ World Cup-winning goalkeeper Freddie Woodman on loan from Newcastle United.

The Shakers are in the market for a new shot-stopper to compete with Joe Murphy for the number one shirt. Ex-York City keeper Kyle Letheren has been on trial and played the second half of the pre-season opener against Sunderland. However, it is not thought the 29-year-old will be offered a deal.

“At this moment in time Joe hasn’t got a challenge,” Clark said.

“I have got a target in mind which I am working hard on.

“I am going to have to be patient and be brave because it might have to go right down to the last couple of days before the season starts, unless something else appears.”

1 minute ago, astottie said:

Yes. Following his World Cup performances there was talk of him being loaned out and Bury was mentioned because Clark had him on loan at Killie for the back end of last season.. Clark has then been quoted as being interested and it's been in the Bury Times. Can't see Murphy being happy being second choice and cant see Newcastle wanting Woodman sat on a league one bench.

On the incoming transfer front, Clark is interested in taking England Under-20s’ World Cup-winning goalkeeper Freddie Woodman on loan from Newcastle United.

The Shakers are in the market for a new shot-stopper to compete with Joe Murphy for the number one shirt. Ex-York City keeper Kyle Letheren has been on trial and played the second half of the pre-season opener against Sunderland. However, it is not thought the 29-year-old will be offered a deal.

“At this moment in time Joe hasn’t got a challenge,” Clark said.

“I have got a target in mind which I am working hard on.

“I am going to have to be patient and be brave because it might have to go right down to the last couple of days before the season starts, unless something else appears.”

Cheers, was slightly surprised that he hadn't gone anywhere yet. As you say Newcastle are not going to want him to sit on a bench, and Bury already have 1 GK, who won't want to sit on a bench either.

If Darlow doesn't go to Boro, then Woodman is Newcastle's 4th choice, if Darlow does go to Boro, Ripley is their 4th choice. Would be very happy with either.