Live Stream of Curzon Ashton game

I know that this is a free service but it simply does not work well enough.

The picture constantly freezes and when the camera moves the players become blurred and pixelated.  I presume that the club is aware of this? 

Is is it because I watch on iPad (I do have a decent broadband signal) or is it just a generally poor?  Coupled with the hilarious posting of false scores which just compounded the bad experience I simply gave up after 10 minutes.

It was only a friendly I know but incredibly frustrating.

It's better than nothing imo but if that is what people abroad are expected to pay for in the season then it wouldn't be worth the outlay. Too frustrating I agree. 

The main issue for me is the distortion  when the camera pans, I have ultra fibre broadband and it still happened to me so more likely the upload connection at the grounds. It did freeze a few times but use ally worked when reopening.

17 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

It's better than nothing imo but if that is what people abroad are expected to pay for in the season then it wouldn't be worth the outlay. Too frustrating I agree. 

The main issue for me is the distortion  when the camera pans, I have ultra fibre broadband and it still happened to me so more likely the upload connection at the grounds. It did freeze a few times but use ally worked when reopening.

This is nothing to do with the ifollow service overseas fans will pay for. It is just the club using the Facebook 'live' functionality. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

This is nothing to do with the ifollow service overseas fans will pay for. It is just the club using the Facebook 'live' functionality. 

Fair enough...room for improvement but we can hardly complain for the club attempting a new service for free. We complain that they don't try new things so we need to encourage them when they do.

7 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Fair enough...room for improvement but we can hardly complain for the club attempting a new service for free. We complain that they don't try new things so we need to encourage them when they do.

Totally. And totally behind this initiative. I'm sure it will improve if they broadcast any of the remaining friendlies... 

As for the match, an excellent performance from McLaughin who sent over a stream of inviting crosses, of which only one was attacked by Holloway for the goal.

McLaughin looks very sharp and could well go on to higher things IMO.

The Curzon goal was from a corner kick, which should have been prevented then cleared.

Of the second string I thought Edmondson was good, but he needs to work on his timing when challenging fo headers, he has s

a habit if making himself smaller than he is by stooping. I'm sure the coaches will be aware of this and will work on it.

Edited by BP1960

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As for the match, an excellent performance from McLaughin who sent over a stream of inviting crosses, of which only one was attacked by Holloway for the goal.

McLaughin looks very sharp and could well go on to higher things IMO.

The Curzon goal was from a corner kick, which should have been prevented then cleared.

Of the second string I thought Edmondson was good, but he needs to work on his timing when challenging fo headers, he has s

a habit if making himself smaller than he is by stooping. I'm sure the coaches will be aware of this and will work on it.

Agree with BP on McLaughlin.

Didn't watch last night but saw enough glimpses of quality last season to see he's got plenty of talent. Think we will see his emergence this season and be fending off bids in Jan.

47 minutes ago, philliggi said:

I wouldn't think this is anything the club have control over. It's probably Facebook issue

Maybe stream through youtube? lots of other streaming methods even face time would do ha the camera seems to struggle with movement and I bet the fps is set to its highest 50 fps should be set best for this also is the camera wired to a horrid laptop shocking hardware or is it a wireless camera if wireless that is a problem anyway back to my cave

4 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Maybe stream through youtube? lots of other streaming methods even face time would do ha the camera seems to struggle with movement and I bet the fps is set to its highest 50 fps should be set best for this also is the camera wired to a horrid laptop shocking hardware or is it a wireless camera if wireless that is a problem anyway back to my cave

What's app has better quality live video, and its free.

10 hours ago, pinevillawill said:

I don't think anyone's knocking the club for trying something new, especially when it's free, but last night was unwatchable, and Stalyvegas with no sound and Salisbury weren't much better.

It was watchable for me. By no means perfect but better than doing nothing on a Tuesday night. 

I think the problem is there are so many variables at play and not everyone is technically savvy, or willing, to make it better viewing for themselves and just point fingers at the club. 

Edited by Blue_Guru