Mason fawns

Was at the game yesterday, and would just like to make a comment on how personally I thought Mason Fawns was the best player on the pitch, including the second half, he was fantastic being played out of position in centre midfield, he not only kept us ticking over with his passing but also tracked back and made some important tackles, great to see and could really be pushing the likes of Banks and Gardner for a starting spot! I know it was only against Curzon Ashton, but he has very good technique and is excellent on the ball. Also set up our best chance in the first half, the cross just happened to land to the number 12 trialist, who ironically was the height of a 12 year old. 

Edited by LightDN123

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

What's his usual position if he's not a centre mid?

I see us as potentially short by one player in the middle of the park

Being used as a utility  man, after  he came off I noticed a massive ice pack on his thigh.

Edited by BP1960

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I've been told he's a very, very good player. 

I think his natural position is as a Number 10. 

I've got a feeling he could be our next Baxter....

Or Danny Philisklrk.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

He pretty much played CM at Salisbury. Looked decent too.

Despite being attacking midfielders to my mind both him and Gardner seem to have played deep on occassion - I wonder if that's a lot to do with Wellens who often did the same...?

On 19/07/2017 at 11:14 AM, LightDN123 said:

Was at the game yesterday, and would just like to make a comment on how personally I thought Mason Fawns was the best player on the pitch, including the second half, he was fantastic being played out of position in centre midfield, he not only kept us ticking over with his passing but also tracked back and made some important tackles, great to see and could really be pushing the likes of Banks and Gardner for a starting spot! I know it was only against Curzon Ashton, but he has very good technique and is excellent on the ball. Also set up our best chance in the first half, the cross just happened to land to the number 12 trialist, who ironically was the height of a 12 year old. 

13 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Looked a tidy enough player but didn't look mobile enough or interested in tackling to be able to play in a midfield two. 

Opinions huh, opinions...

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I would in the centre of ours :grin:

A 60 goal a season forward played in Midfield :lol:

Get 2 from Green Fane and Banks to play behind the likes of a Baxter or a fawns win the ball back and give it to them and say their you go work your magic. 

Zinedine Zidane needed Didier Deschamps to play as a DM to win the ball and give it to him. Messi needed the likes of Busquets and Xavi and Rick Holden needed Henry and Milligan to win him the ball so he could do the damage. Their are plenty more examples.

If/when we sign Baxter or if we give Fawns a go let them play off the cuff and just create so they can do maximum damage .