Accrington

I imagine Banks would have been offloaded in summer if Shez could have (he was contracted).

We probably have 3 very average central midfielders in Banks, Green and Fane where as Shez would probably prefer 2 better quality and A youth such as Fawns in reserve. 

At least Fane is a decent prospect and will be cheap and Green will be a good head in the squad to drive the right disciplines and work ethics. 

I struggle to see what Banks offers...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blue_Guru said:

I imagine Banks would have been offloaded in summer if Shez could have (he was contracted).

We probably have 3 very average central midfielders in Banks, Green and Fane where as Shez would probably prefer 2 better quality and A youth such as Fawns in reserve. 

At least Fane is a decent prospect and will be cheap and Green will be a good head in the squad to drive the right disciplines and work ethics. 

I struggle to see what Banks offers...

He really got stuck in yesterday.

Well once. He really aggressively headed a ball in to the advertising hoardings in front of us. Could see the anger in his eyes. Must have been mad at the ball for not doing what he wanted. Grrrr

I'm not Banks' biggest fan but Shez found a way to get the best out of him in the last 3 months of last season.  Banks has the ability on the ball that Fane could only dream of.  The problem is that, in my opinion, Banks needs 2 hard working players around him in central midfield to properly function.

He'll be a useful squad player but a player that we could take or leave.

12 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm not Banks' biggest fan but Shez found a way to get the best out of him in the last 3 months of last season.  Banks has the ability on the ball that Fane could only dream of.  The problem is that, in my opinion, Banks needs 2 hard working players around him in central midfield to properly function.

He'll be a useful squad player but a player that we could take or leave.

If that was the best of him, he should be released now.

When you have to put another midfielder in there to help him out (Banks) your pissing in the wind, can't we just get hold of two midfielders who can do a job rather than setting a team up to help our weaker players and having to play a three because one can't tackle and the other can't make a five yard pass?

52 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Was 4-4-2 on Saturday. Shez did say he wanted the team to be able to play a couple of different systems, but I'd say 3-5-2 would be his favoured formation come August.

Yes and he did say he preferred 3 in midfield.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

German lad

28 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Niklas Bolten.

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

Sounds like Sheridan is considering keeping him on as a backup keeper.

Cheers.

Wonder if Carlo Nash can do his magic!!