Accrington

2 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Thought Fawns looked decent in midfield. Got the ball moving forward quicker than Banks.

By the sounds of things, he's giving himself every opportunity to be well involved in the first team.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gardner not in squad again.

McLaughlin was poor today after all the praise midweek.

The right back slot and the lack of a creative central midfielder look problems.

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The right back slot and the lack of a creative central midfielder look problems.

Nothing wrong with Dummigan once he's fully fit, and Wilson as back up.

1 minute ago, ceskylatic said:

Nothing wrong with Dummigan once he's fully fit, and Wilson as back up.

Not convinced with Dummigan, positioning and distribution poor and Wilson is better in a back 3.

The Accrington  right back looked better.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I thought McLaughlin did alright today. Still rusty but will be a great player for us this season I reckon.

Funny listening to JS & TW with 4th official

Thought fawns and duffus were real threats when they came on. Fawns at 18 showed how poor banks is as a footballer. Love how fawns always looks attacking and is comfortable on the ball where as banks can't head, can't tackle and his set pieces are woeful! Should be further down the pecking order when green and Gardner play. 

Duffus always wanted to shoot shoot which I love in a striker reminded me slightly of Jonson Clarke Harris with his build and power. Real asset I think we have on our hands with him. 

Thought flynn looked good again been impressed when he has played this pre season.

The keeper will do as a back up, young kid still plenty to learn but at fault for the first goal. 

Our keeper looked awfully flappy on a couple crosses and didn't command his box very well. 

As for Banks, I don't know what managers see in him. He's one of the softest players ive ever seen. Could forgive that if he was a great passer but he tries too many hollywood balls when a simple pass to feet would suffice.

Last game for me until Burton. Pre season has been steady if a bit unpsoectacular and tbf that's how it should be. 

Goalkeeper and defensively we looked a bit shaky, the midfield was woefully short both of anticipation on loose balls and penetration. Game woke up second half and fawns took care of the bell better in the final quarter. Up front we looked a threat. The keeper situation is a worry with less than two weeks to go we don't even have a number two. 

Keeper: Shot stopping reasonable, positioning and presence all over the shop. 

Dummigan: working his way back to fitness 

Clarke: at about 50% of pace so far a couple of goals this week have been caused by hesitancy from him, AG and the keepers.

Gerrard: Vocal cajoling his younger mates throughout. Looking sharper than he has probably since his first loan spell in 2015.

Hunt: Neat and tidy, have to say I didn't really understand the fuss when he signed even though he played 10 games last season didn't massively notice him. What I did see today is a lad not afraid to tackle and who keeps the ball.

McLaughlin - thought he was superb at Curzon - much quieter today

Banks - I've not been as harsh on him as some but on today's showing he's not a starter. Only a friendly I know but his lack of interaction when we haven't got the ball is costly.

Fane - poor first half but I thought he ran it second half with his probing runs

obadeyi - awful and confirmed by Shez shouting to him after about 35 mins 'Tope fucking liven up' 

Holloway - looking far fitter and sharper than he has done. A real handful. AND encouragingly in the box more.

Davies - not the player he was still a handful but throughout pre season it's just not come off for him. Jury's out so far having seen him in 3 games so far but we know how brilliant he can be.

Subs:

Fawns - really like this lad and I hope he has a big role to play this year. Skilful and a real eye for a pass.

Duffus - got straight at then from minute 46. Deserved his goal and linked well with Davies.

Edmondson - really like George but he's looked nervous throughout pre season. Looked calmer avd and more assured alongside Stott yesterday .

Stott - really rate this kid, big, strong good on the ball. Our next undisclosed fee I reckon.

Triallist - LB steady and unspectacular 

Flynn -petty anonymous 

Edited by oafcprozac

Good to see the strikers getting on scoresheet.

Would like to see the keeper situation sorted quickly, be it Ripley or someone else.

Central midfield concerns me, happy enough with Fane, not seen a lot of Gardner, don't think much of the others.

Not expecting much from pre season, Harabin will have been running the socks of them and leaving little in their legs for the friendlies they've already played, keeper situation should soon be resolved and I'd expect a real good central midfielder to come in as we are painfully weak in that area of the team especially without Gardner for the first three games, other than that we are ticking along okay for me.