In case this "Done Deal" isn't done after all, I've had a bit of a trawl round to find available keepers and come up with:

Ross Turnbull (Ex Donny, Chelsea etc)

Jon McLaughlin (Ex Bratfud, Burton)

David Martin (Ex Dongs)

Alex Cisak (Would you have him back? No, me neither)

Chris Weale (Ex Yeovil)

Scott Flinders (Ex Gillingham, Hartlepool)

And, I'm really sorry, but a certain Mr Brill is also available. :devilish:

Out of that lot, and it may not be a definitive list as there could well be more that we've heard of, I'd be very happy with McLaughlin or Martin. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Loan will almost certainly be involved for one of our GKs. Freddie Woodman at Newcastle would in all likelihood be available and the sort of GK who will go to League 1.

Lots and lots of GK knocking around. As demonstrated by our triallist from a Bundesliga Reserve team.

4 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Who ever it is is on a hiding to nothing trying to fill Ripleys boots

Unless it is actually him and they will fit perfectly. I know what u mean tho. If it's not him there will naturally be mass disappointment. And we have had some dogshit between the sticks in recent times. 

6 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Get Andy Goram back for his third spell, his second went well...

05/08/17: Oldham Athletic 1-7 Oxford United.

wasn't it Cardiff? 

The last time Oxford gave us a similar hammering was at their place (promotion season iirc)

2 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

wasn't it Cardiff? 

The last time Oxford gave us a similar hammering was at their place (promotion season iirc)

Look at the date again. He's/She's made a prediction based on a (no chance/no thanks) Goram return. Why not join him/her in the Prediction League? 

Edited by Bristolatic

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Look at the date again. He's/She's made a prediction based on a (no chance/no thanks) Goram return. Why not join him/her in the Prediction League? 

oh yeah!!

does just finishing a 12hr night shift get me off the hook for not reading it properly?? ha ha ha 

that and the game itself still gives me nightmares .. 

22 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Very good young keeper, but didn't get a huge amount of game time last season. I think we need someone with a good season or three behind them.

But Coleman and Ripley have shown that good young keepers can be decent.  Need a mature experience centre half in front of them - but with Clark and Gerrard we have that covered.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

England u21 keeper Freddie Woodman on loan is a rumour, but lots of clubs after him.

Would be a great acquisition.  But it would impact on our ability to win the Checkatrade Trophy as he'll not be allowed to play against his parent club? Deal off ;-)