Most underrated player of last 15-20 years

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

If a player left Latics to go on to achieve fuck all, drop down a level or play in league for another league 1 club are they really underrated? 

Dieng for example was/Is a league 1 player. I read so many times on here he was championship bound. Surely he was overrated?

Don't recall anyone saying he was championship level, I do recall he got very little love or hate on the forum until the end of the season when everyone was getting released and the only support then was a few " maybe if we retain one then he should be kept" posts.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

Don't recall anyone saying he was championship level, I do recall he got very little love or hate on the forum until the end of the season when everyone was getting released and the only support then was a few " maybe if we retain one then he should be kept" posts.  

We also voted him player of the season. So we can't put him in the underrated column 

I'd classify him as rated I'd have him back to play as a defensive midfielder to sit infront of our current defence which would allow other players to just go and concentrate on attacking knowing Timmy would be there to cover them.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

I recall direct replies to me...

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That would be me who said he'd play at an higher level, there's still time but Bradford may well struggle this season with some strange transfer business. 

Not just you Yarddog but you are Correct still plenty of time for him. I think our main disagreement was his position.

He may have missed his chance with Bradford now because as you say they seem to have lost a few and brought in Poleon. Another who who was overrated by some on here. Pace can hide so many things at this level.

Edited by palmer1

• 1 month later...