Mclaughlin on his way??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a very good player, but for me his only really effective position is right wing. So if we're planning on playing 3-5-2 and we get a good bid then using that money to strengthen central midfield could be a worthwhile trade off. 

Can we sacrifice Banks & Flynn instead? We have a dearth of quality wide players but centrally, without those 2, we will still have Fane, Gardner, Green and possibly Fawns.

In Banks's case, to which deity would it be a ritual sacrifice?

He's probably one of our only sellable players, but that doesn't mean we should sell.

He can play a number of positions, he's got potential to improve, and a right hand side of him and Dummigan would be dangerous this season. Plus, we've got four central midfielders already so sacrificing McLaughlin for Douglas seems strange. 

I was told the figures and clubs that are in for him and thats Sunderland and Wigan with the fee around 600k

This money would be used to bring a high profile but older defensive midfielder who for me would still be a cut above League One as well as fund a move for Conor Ripley this could be the reason why we haven't signed Conor.

10 minutes ago, Mouth On Legs said:

I was told the figures and clubs that are in for him and thats Sunderland and Wigan with the fee around 600k

This money would be used to bring a high profile but older defensive midfielder who for me would still be a cut above League One as well as fund a move for Conor Ripley this could be the reason why we haven't signed Conor.

Hmm, I've got a suspicion you've just compiled various snippets of information from on here over the last few days to come up with this...

Just now, doctor evil said:

Hmm, I've got a suspicion you've just compiled various snippets of information from on here over the last few days to come up with this...

Nope was just told directly to my face on Thursday whilst stood in the new stand assisting a friend who was working at the ground.

Don't be too surprised to see Douglas as a trialist on Thursday.

21 minutes ago, Mouth On Legs said:

Don't believe that fee for a minute.  If it was offered, we should snap their hands off.