Mclaughlin on his way??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mouth On Legs said:

Green or Douglas thats like deciding on whether to take the Astra out for the day or the Porsche

Deary me!!!

I'll bite.

Green has had a far more distinguished career than Douglas.

Also, there's no way there's £600k on the table for McLaughlin. You can halve that at least.

The difference between Douglas and Green?

Give Douglas a few games in an Oldham shirt and a large number of our fans will think he's shit and passed it.

Green is being judged off a full season here, Douglas off his performances in a Swindon Shirt 5 years ago and a Brentford shirt 3 years ago.

600k for someone who can cross the ball, dribble and has the sort of pace that would trouble anyone. Added that is he is now at full international honours and can reasonably play right back, right wing and up front I'd say if he is on a 2/3 year deal it sounds a normal fee. Nothing over the top.

If he was at Posh or at Dale he would be twice that. 

5 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

The difference between Douglas and Green?

Give Douglas a few games in an Oldham shirt and a large number of our fans will think he's shit and passed it.

Green is being judged off a full season here, Douglas off his performances in a Swindon Shirt 5 years ago and a Brentford shirt 3 years ago.

Tbf he was shit hot for Brentford at this level and held that great midfield together, it would be a great signing imo - as was Green this time last year, hopefully Green and Douglas is the answer.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Tbf he was shit hot for Brentford at this level and held that great midfield together, it would be a great signing imo - as was Green this time last year, hopefully Green and Douglas is the answer.

Yes he was excellent for Brentford but that was 3 years? ago

some 33/34 year don't seem so great 3 years? later.

its a chance and not one you can call great until you've seen him play recently imo

Edited by palmer1

1 minute ago, dec666 said:

The Chron say we’ve turned down one six figure bid.

Between 200-250k with a decent sell on sounds about right to me, given he’s only got one year left.

Don't we have an option on him for a 3rd. year?

I think its worth noting that we could get the same kind of player in Dummigan. In his first loan spell he liked to get forward and seemed comfortable with the ball, with this in mind I wouldn't be too bothered if McLaughlin left to fund two new players. 

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

I like McLaughlin, certainly the player we saw towards the end of last season. But if an offer of £600K came in we'd be stupid not to take it, especially if it brought in the likes of Ripley and Douglas.

I'd much rather get rid of Flynn though as he's just bobbins.

25 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I like McLaughlin, certainly the player we saw towards the end of last season. But if an offer of £600K came in we'd be stupid not to take it, especially if it brought in the likes of Ripley and Douglas.

I'd much rather get rid of Flynn though as he's just bobbins.

Yes, but neither Flynn nor Banks nor any of the others we'd rather lose will fetch any kind of transfer fee to offset other signings.

39 minutes ago, dec666 said:

The Chron say we’ve turned down one six figure bid.

Between 200-250k with a decent sell on sounds about right to me, given he’s only got one year left.

I tihnk more like 90-95k and rounded up for convenience rather than literally 6 figures.

22 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Unless he's been digging a big hole in Greenacres Cemetery, it ain't gonna happen!!!

I'll put you right at the top of the fucking dickhead list!!!

I await your apology!!!

In the circumstances my comment was regrettable.