Newton's return confirmed

Worst kept secret is announced

Newton

Hope he stays away from the training ground and concentrates on the business side, as his support of Penney shows he knows fook-all about football…..

Not sure how I feel about this, I know we need more heads on the board, but his high-profile failures at Vale and Stockport despite getting the fans hopes hope, shows he has very little bunce behind him. Exactly what is this guy going to bring to the table?

Edited by oafcprozac

Worst kept secret is announced

Newton

Hope he stays away from the training ground and concentrates on the business side, as his support of Penney shows he knows fook-all about football…..

Not sure how I feel about this, I know we need more heads on the board, but his high-profile failures at Vale and Stockport despite getting the fans hopes hope, shows he has very little bunce behind him. Exactly what is this guy going to bring to the table?

Mr Corney is delighted to have Mr Newton back on board and is keen to utlilise his financial and football expertise. :shock:

Chairman Simon Corney added that Mr Newton is not likely to be the only new director in a restructuring of the board. . interesting

Mr Corney is delighted to have Mr Newton back on board and is keen to utlilise his financial and football expertise. :shock:

Chairman Simon Corney added that Mr Newton is not likely to be the only new director in a restructuring of the board. . interesting

Hopefully someone WITH financial clout will come on board….

To be honest it's these kind of :censored:e announcements on the OS that piss folk off. Does anyone really beleive Newton left last time cos he wanted to do some things? unless one of those things was to disagree with other board members.

There was definitely a disagreement somewhere along the line and from what I have heard spent far too much time at the training ground. The last thing we need is a director mooching around training, we've already get Mendi/RA to do that, in all seriousness the last person we potentially need to piss off is PD….I hope this will not be the case and Newton brings partners on board to bring the stadium redevelopment on at a pace….hopefully he won't be as ineffective as the last guy that was brought in to do that….

Edited by oafcprozac

There was definitely a disagreement somewhere along the line and from what I have heard spent far too much time at the training ground. The last thing we need is a director mooching around training, we've already get Mendi/RA to do that, in all seriousness the last person we potentially need to piss off is PD….I hope this will not be the case and Newton brings partners on board to bring the stadium redevelopment on at a pace….hopefully he won't be as ineffective as the last guy that was brought in to do that….

I really wouldnt worry Prozac, for one he would be a brave man to try and advise Dickov and Taggart on team matters.

Im open minded about this appointment, as much as Hill and Owen are genuinely good people I have been worried about the general lack of business acumen in the current administration.. exlcuding SC..

In the mean while, welcome back to BP. Can we have your updates back, not in reference to the A game and playing matters, just the simple economics of the clubs finannces and forward vision.

Edited by Lukers1

Just had a quick google.

Wanted to invest £500k at vale, but was turned down 5-3 by the board. Apart from him being a bit outspoken, I don't think it looks that bad.

Stockport, decided not to invest after holding talks with them.

Did he do anything particularly bad re. these clubs?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Just had a quick google.

Wanted to invest £500k at vale, but they were turned down 5-3 by the board. Apart from him being a bit outspoken, I don't think it looks that bad.

Look what Vale got.... Being an American Investment was Mike Newton invloved in the following story?

Port Vale will receive an initial £5million investment from Blue Sky International over the next 12 months.

An expected additional commitment of £2.5million over the next five years will be used for significant community outreach facilities throughout the Stoke-on-Trent area.

The total investment from the American sports construction firm into the club will reach £8million thanks to the further £500,000 the club will receive to spend on pre-season tours for the next 10 years.

Port Vale chairman Mike Lloyd told the club's official website: "We welcome such a substantial investment which will further strengthen the unifying of the club and fans following difficult times."

CEO Perry Deakin added: "This is a fabulous agreement for the football club and secures our long-term future."

Edited by Lukers1

Just had a quick google.

Wanted to invest £500k at vale, but they were turned down 5-3 by the board. Apart from him being a bit outspoken, I don't think it looks that bad.

It was just his insistence to be vocal whilst talks were ongoing, he does seem to have a 'rentaquote' persona…that and his insistence that Martin Gray could take the club forward…..

It was just his insistence to be vocal whilst talks were ongoing, he does seem to have a 'rentaquote' persona…that and his insistence that Martin Gray could take the club forward…..

He certainly looks sounds like a billy big balls.

However, he also sounds like hes got a bit of drive in him, which is probably what this club needs.

I really wouldnt worry Prozac, for one he would be a brave man to try and advise Dickov and Taggart on team matters.

Im open minded about this appointment, as much as Hill and Owen are genuinely good people I have been worried about the general lack of business acumen in the current administration.. exlcuding SC..

In the mean while, welcome back to BP. Can we have your updates back, not in reference to the A game and playing matters, just the simple economics of the clubs finannces and forward vision.

:lol:

I'm prepared to wait and see.

He's got baggage - but I'm prepared to think that SC will know the pluses and minuses.

Maybe Newton has learned lessons from Vale and Stockport.

...and let's not forget Oldham the first time round.

Little hope of him staying away from the manager's ear, unless Dickov is able to convince him otherwise. This is just the kind of boat-rocking we desperately needed, just when the forecast was looking up and the wind blowing fair.

Anyone looking to get into football with his enthusiasm should come under immediate investigation - not from the Fraud Squad, but from shrinks.

...and let's not forget Oldham the first time round.

Little hope of him staying away from the manager's ear, unless Dickov is able to convince him otherwise. This is just the kind of boat-rocking we desperately needed, just when the forecast was looking up and the wind blowing fair.

Anyone looking to get into football with his enthusiasm should come under immediate investigation - not from the Fraud Squad, but from shrinks.

from the article and fans sightings in pre season seems he has been back for a while so the players/management will know of him.

He likes to go and watch the team train when he is back on occasion from the USA.

To be fair, as long as he works hard and in the club's interests to make us better and push us forward, i couldn't give 2 sh1ts if he goes to the training ground or not - if this was the cause of problems last time then all concerned will know of this, and if PD isn't happy about it he'll make himself quite clear.

He is back - we can't control that.

He watches the team train - guess what? we can't control that either.

I suggest people stop nit picking over the slightest bug bear and let the club get on with things.

We as fans have not appointed him again, SC and the board have - if they want him involved despite past differences then so what?

damned if they do, damned if they don't

Tell you what, if you're all that worried about a club director attending training, then why don't you alter your shifts at work and go and join him to make sure nothing untoward happens...