What are you listening to at this moment?

Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children

Oh, Johnny... I've written a review of the Primavera Sound festival for a friends 'zine. Would you like it emailing for your blog? It's quite a hefty :censored:er... 1200 words or something!

If so, gizz your e-mither.

Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children

Oh, Johnny... I've written a review of the Primavera Sound festival for a friends 'zine. Would you like it emailing for your blog? It's quite a hefty :censored:er... 1200 words or something!

If so, gizz your e-mither.

Did you manage to see The Sonics? What about Mary Weiss?

Did you manage to see The Sonics? What about Mary Weiss?

Heh no and no unfortunately. Mainly due to unforeseen accomodation problems (we got evicted from our lovely apartment after the first night). I was pretty gutted but I heard various accounts of the Sonics set varying from "Like bloody Status Quo" to ":censored:ing sensational".

I saw Devo, who were mindblowingly brilliant. Public Enemy and Portishead were two of the best bands I've seen back to back. The best was Animal Collective who were like Daft Punk doing covers of The Beach Boys. Awesome.

I've sent Johnny a comprehensive review of the festival which will probably be on his blog at some point. I'm sure he'll give us linkage when it is.

Heh no and no unfortunately. Mainly due to unforeseen accomodation problems (we got evicted from our lovely apartment after the first night). I was pretty gutted but I heard various accounts of the Sonics set varying from "Like bloody Status Quo" to ":censored:ing sensational".

I saw Devo, who were mindblowingly brilliant. Public Enemy and Portishead were two of the best bands I've seen back to back. The best was Animal Collective who were like Daft Punk doing covers of The Beach Boys. Awesome.

I've sent Johnny a comprehensive review of the festival which will probably be on his blog at some point. I'm sure he'll give us linkage when it is.

I saw Public Enemy around 1986, supporting Run DMC. Also saw them at Reading Festival, can't remember which year, they all sort of blur into one in the memory. Absolutely fantastic both times.

• 5 months later...
The best ever Christmas album:

A Christmas Gift To You - Phil Spector

I agree, it's an essential. However, my favourite Christmas album is simply Christmas by Low.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b0RYxx18KEg&...feature=related

EDIT: Rummy, how do you embed Youtube videos on here??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...