Bargain. :wacko:

Ronnie must have took Calvin and the Crewe manager out on a bender with a pre made contract that he got them to sign when they were pissed. No other explanation for that much of a fee for a striker who's game to goal ratio is quite frankly. Crap.

was doing the rounds on a few other teams message boards earlier, crewe seem to be well happy with the buy...and a few other teams fans are coming up with quotes like...''how can crewe sign quality players like zola'' and ''for a proven target man, 200k is a bargain''

are they real???

Comments on another forum:

"First Grant for £130k now Zola for £200k. We're the Chelsea of League One, only :censored:e. Still over spending on average players."

"Worst signing of the Summer by miles. What the hell is going on at Crewe? He'd be a bad signing if he was a free transfer, but £200k?!"

Don't be too surprised to see Zola moving on from Crewe for big money in a year or so.....Gradi and co are renowned for producing quality strikers.

Agreed, It's a lot to pay but the guy has potential, he's big and awkward, and if anybody can make a silk purse out of a sows ear then it's the Crewe backroom boys.

They can't afford to waste money like that and although it seems like a crazy move I'll say £1m+ profit within 18months!!!

Don't be too surprised to see Zola moving on from Crewe for big money in a year or so.....Gradi and co are renowned for producing quality strikers.

Agreed, It's a lot to pay but the guy has potential, he's big and awkward, and if anybody can make a silk purse out of a sows ear then it's the Crewe backroom boys.

They can't afford to waste money like that and although it seems like a crazy move I'll say £1m+ profit within 18months!!!

I'll say he'll be on the Crewe bench in the 4th division.

There's a difference between producing through the youth set up over a number of years (Varney, Maynard, Ashton, etc) and signing someone for £200k with a crap goal ratio.

The guys had potential since he joined Newcastle. Never shown it.

As for not being able to waste money like that? Why have they signed Joel Grant from Aldershot also for £130,000. Quick gander at the Aldershot forum and it states he only really played well when the setanta camera's where there.

Relegation for Crewe next season.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

"Worst signing of the Summer by miles. What the hell is going on at Crewe? He'd be a bad signing if he was a free transfer, but £200k?!"

Thats exactly what I thought, I wouldn't want him back even for free but to think anyone would pay 200K beggars belief. :huh:

we're relegated

zola is our number 1 target! shows what a :censored: club we are. no direction, no idea, no future, we'll get no wins, league 2 tour next year..........last time we'll visit BP in a while this year

My word you could be a Latics fan with those levels of optimism. :wink:

Although I do think Zola is an unbelievably bad signing for 200K. :shock: