'Temple' restoration going well

I did a quick double take when I saw the title of this thread. The word "temple" is a touchy one here at the moment. Not only is there a civil war, of sorts, raging but we are now also engaged in battle with a neighbouring country over a temple. I don't think that Mark Crossley is involved though ;)

I did a quick double take when I saw the title of this thread. The word "temple" is a touchy one here at the moment. Not only is there a civil war, of sorts, raging but we are now also engaged in battle with a neighbouring country over a temple. I don't think that Mark Crossley is involved though ;)

It better not be those blasted burman's? I've heard that Crossley is not involved aswell and would be fully willing to give a statement to the thai police should it be necessary

'tis Cambodia. Bit of a dispute between them and Thailand over whose land the temple is on. One or two shots fired, I believe, but not a proper war.... yet.

Not Ankhor Wot? I was there when the military coup happened, the coppers had big smiles on the faces, It seemed to be so simple. The only time I was worried about it was when I saw Mr Bush talking on the subject on CNN :Thailand:

'tis Cambodia. Bit of a dispute between them and Thailand over whose land the temple is on. One or two shots fired, I believe, but not a proper war.... yet.

Youngest daughter is in Cambodia at the moment - I'll ask her to look out for a large gentleman wearing goalie gloves :grin:

Youngest daughter is in Cambodia at the moment - I'll ask her to look out for a large gentleman wearing goalie gloves :grin:

I was last in Cambodia about 10 years ago. It was a great place to visit. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone. Although at that time the only places you could visit were Siam Reap and Phnom Penh. I expect that it's opened out quite a bit now.

Somewhere I have a photo of myself wearing my Latics shirt on the steps of Angkor Wat. :)

I was last in Cambodia about 10 years ago. It was a great place to visit. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone.

Now you can go where people are one

Now you can go where they get things done

What you need, my son.

Is a holiday in Cambodia

Where people dress in black

A holiday in Cambodia

Where you'll kiss ass or crack

Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, etc.

And it's a holiday in Cambodia

Where you'll do what you're told

A holiday in Cambodia

Where the slum's got so much soul