'uddersfield Pub (Club)

This is somewhere I can recommend as being away fan friemdly, unlike the pub in Southend that only allowed early bird Latics fans to have two drinks each before ejecting them for supporting the wrong team and apparently being too friendly with the Police. :angry: Remind me to tell you the full story some time. :wink:

The Gas Sports & Social Club, Gasworks Street, 'uddersfield:

There's a small entrance fee - reasonably priced drinks, food, big screen TV.

Gasworks Street is opposite Stadium Way. If you get there early you should be able to park on a pay car park up the side of the Gas Club.

Paying to get into a pub? Crikey. Not for me - perhaps I have lived on the 'wrong' side of the hills for too long and have been infected with their generosity?

As an alternative suggestion I would recommned The Slubbers Arms. On street parking right next to it, 10 minute walk to the ground, genuine football pub that welcomes away fans (had some good conversations over a pint a year or so ago when we thumped them), and they do great beer (Landlord etc). Good access off the M62 as well - leave at J24, take the Brighouse exit off the roundabout (3rd exit), first right and follow your nose and its on the left just before the 2nd set of lights.

The slubbers is a fantastic Pub Never been in on a matchday though.

I personally shall be in 'The Grove' (a fine pub with ten guest ales, but no stella calsberg etc) on the opposite side of the ringroad from the stadium and literally just round the corner from my house.

The slubbers is a fantastic Pub Never been in on a matchday though.

I personally shall be in 'The Grove' (a fine pub with ten guest ales, but no stella calsberg etc) on the opposite side of the ringroad from the stadium and literally just round the corner from my house.

Used to live in Huddersfield, but the Grove doesn't rinf a bell. More specific location?

Rat n Ratchett on Chapel Hill is another great ale pub. Think most of my Student Loans went over that bar.....happy days/

it's on the corner, across the road from springwood car parks, think its only been open about three years now, rat and ratchett has gone down hill but is still an ok pub.

oh and the groove starts at £2.20 a pint for most normal strength beers.

Edited by arnoid

Hudds Fan here :)

Generaly the best pubs are in the Town Center a 10 minute walk from the ground.

The pub i recomend is The Warehouse at the bottom end of town.

If your comming in from m62 then a couple of good pubs in Bradley (cooper bridge) are White Cross

and further on The Woodman !! Also the chicken shop on leeds road Marsdens is the best chicken EVER !! (honestly)

How many do you think youll bring im guessing 2,500(ish)

Looking forward to the game should be a decent atmosphere (hopefully)

Peace :grin:

:)

Best pub in the Town Centre on match days is The Vulcan without doubt. Can get full but superb atmosphere etc.

I havent been in the Gas club for years, ever since they tried to make me pay a fiver just to to go in for one drink. That after going in every home game.

I.ve always preferred town centre pubs in hudds rather than the gas club which can get too rammed. gets tricky to get served.

Yes, Ricky's just opposite BQ, just up from the ground. You see the lineup's written on the blackboard outside. In fact you can't miss it. Who has a striptease on a tueday afternoon?

The Gas Sports & Social Club, Gasworks Street, 'uddersfield:

There's a small entrance fee - reasonably priced drinks, food, big screen TV.

£1 emtrance charge. A pint of Guinness and a pint of Stella for only £3.90. Shorts £1.45. Loads of Latics fans in there amazed at the low prices and coming out with unexpected money in their pockets!

The early birds got the bargains and there was a long queue waiting to get in after it was full.