.....and if this doesn't work?

Been at a family meal this afternoon since Shez's sacking, bottle and a half of Chilean red wine later I can't say I am best pleased by the news that Joe is back. He will get my full support and as always the bloke in front of me in the RRE will get my fog horn like voice in his ear for the game but I can't help but think that TTA are clutching at the only thing that even resembles a straw.

Talbot; quite rightly they sought assistance when appointing their first manager, they probably passed themselves off as big investors to Wenger, Talbot had done well in this role this at R&D where Griggs bankrolled his side and his only problem was tactics so he seemed a good appointment. TTA didn't splash the cash to the same extent as Griggs so Talbot had to motivate and run a club rather than play Championship Manager, he got us some great loanees in but also had to rely on David Leesques and ultimately the whole club came up short. The terraces bayed for blood and he was back down the road.

Moore; came in and "saved us". Hundreds of us half filled the RRE and chanted his name like a Nuremberg rally, he played us like a badly tuned piano and he got a decent backing, built a squad and bypassed midfield (despite playing 3-4-3 and only wanted the 3- -3 to have the ball). We as fans scapegoated and crucified a young lad being asked to play an unfamiliar role in a no-win situation and eventually hounded the bloke out of the club and sent Moore back to the arse end of the country.

Shez; The son of God, we sniped, not his side, his side, no fight, tactically naive, had two years, no excuses, too many excuses, wrong socks on, looked at a disabled child funny, good results not good enough, bad results worse than raping our mothers and we have hounded another manager out.

So, 9 games to go, hopefully we have 12 and are making the temple to what is actually wrong with Association Football reverberate to our cheers of celebration at the end of that 12th game rather than sitting behind our keyboards after the 9th and berating "bloody Eardley"...etc..

I don't blame TTA for appointing Royle, they are so painted in to a corner I bet the next name on the list was Dowie, maybe they have even called him? Perhaps they will even have a few tentative words with Moore on Satuday? Who knows. All that matters is that we all get behind the new manager at this bloody club and give the poor bloke the time it takes to have some modicum of success which we are not going to get overnight. It could take at least 3 years, maybe more maybe less but complaining that whoever he is has eaten our hamster after a defeat keeps us exactly where we currently are.

I do share some of your concerns BT lets not forget it took Joe 9 years to get promotion by building a squad and moulding it into the image that he wanted now he has 9 games and will have to do it using effectively someonelse's squad. That said its going to be very interesting to see what happens am just going to try and sit back and enjoy ride.

I do share some of your concerns BT lets not forget it took Joe 9 years to get promotion by building a squad..

9 years, he'll be lucky to get 9 months, including the summer break.

he will get more time than literally every other possible manager on earth. the buzz around the place should win us a few points alone

Lets, do the time warp again, and it's a jump to the left, nah na na ha nan a...

I'm sure the same was said when Shez was appointment?

I'm pretty well oiled now, tomorrow at work is going to be a struggle, why have I drunk to excess on a school night? I can't see Joe or whoever is in charge getting the required time these days. I hope I am wrong, dear god I hope but lets face facts, it doesn't happen these days.

It's certainly a decision that the club know will get the fan's backing and I just hope it works. Always a bit sceptical about managers returning to clubs where they previously had glory days but Joe comes across as an absolute gem and I really hope it works out for him and the club.

If we do somehow manage to go up or even just make the play-offs I presume Joe will be given the chance to continue for another couple of seasons at least. If not then it will be an interesting summer with lots of names in the hat no doubt.

I reckon the signing of Windass has a lot to do with Shez's downfall and perhaps even the unrest between the players. But if anyone can bring a smile back to the all the Oldham staff including the players, then it's Big Joe. Please god it works out, starting by smashing our friends from the Wirral on saturday!

put it this way..

this season was going down the pan...big time.

so,whats to lose?

fresh ideas,fresh approach and a renewed spirit.

joe will add all these and with the players,will demand 100% every minute he is here..on and off the pitch.

9 cup finals left..lets enjoy it eh!

Edited by johnny punkster

Been at a family meal this afternoon since Shez's sacking, bottle and a half of Chilean red wine later I can't say I am best pleased by the news that Joe is back. He will get my full support and as always the bloke in front of me in the RRE will get my fog horn like voice in his ear for the game but I can't help but think that TTA are clutching at the only thing that even resembles a straw.

The only person who has been clutching at straws recently left BP yesterday. The 3As have made a strong business decision based on recent events and current form at the correct time. The easy decision would have been to let JS carry on until the end of the season, which would have ultimately ended in failure. We have been getting worse all season, and things off the field also appear to point to problems with JS management style. JS has stated on a number of occasions that he did not know what to do. He has publicly appeared more and more lost. If JS is appearing lost like that in interviews what is he saying to the players and directors? We'll never know obviously but if I went in to a meeting with my boss and told him that I wasn't sure why things where going badly at work I would be out of the door.

The 3As are businessmen and good at what they do, they have applied the same kind of business thinking in the decision they took yesterday. To say they are clutching at straws is massively insulting to them. They took action and where definitely not clutching at straws, clutching at straws would have been leaving JS to carry on looking to find an answer he was never going to find.

I feel for JS he was obviously struggling and was putting the effort in. Like so many people have said it was meant to be him that got us out of this league. We'll never know now, but I honestly believe due to recent form and recent events he didn't have it in him. I wish him success wherever he goes next. Maybe with the time he has off now he can think about what has happened and learn from what has gone on over the past few months. JS has had a very short career in management so far, the 3As between them have many years of making decisions like yesterday. They haven't got where they have today by clutching at straws, I'm sure they've made tougher decisions in the past and will make more in the future. I personally think if JS would have had half the bottle they had he would still be in a job today.