The clubs official statement...

Its the only way foward. We're dying a slow death at Boundary Park and as much as i love it its a dump. Im also glad the statement mentions Colchester and Shrewsbury and not Doncaster so hopefully the new stadium won't be a souless bowl like the keepmoat.

Still early days but for once we seen to have the support of the council which we never seemed to of had on other proposed developments.

Saying that, just looking at pictures of those two grounds, which look very boring. Hope it will have a bit more character.

Any ideas when destruction/building will commence?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt seem alot 12000..hope there is a contingency plan to make it bigger if needed of course

Nearly 2,000 lower capacity than the last incarnation of a four-sided BP. Which we still managed to fill on occasion.

4,000 less than the proposed BP redevelopment and 3,000 less than Sports Park 2000.

Surely we'd be looking to attract more than 12,000 to certain Championship games...

capacity around 12,000! small then ! I'm disappointed with that! Never again will we see 25000+ for a blood and guts cup match or local derby when we have a successful side again! Does it not show a lack of ambition for the club? It will be smaller than Halifax Fc and they are not even a football league club! I was hoping for 15-20000 capacity at least . What does everyone else think ? Apart from that all other aspects I'm okay with- Boundary Park was always going to be worth more to move away from than to develop!.

12,000 would not sustain Latics in the championship. Downsized plans for a downsized club. OAFC have settled for league one and league two status.

Give Wardle is equal share and bring back his cash. I want to see a start on this new ground prior to any sold off BP land.

Quite correct and well said.

capacity around 12,000! small then ! I'm disappointed with that! Never again will we see 25000+ for a blood and guts cup match or local derby when we have a successful side again! Does it not show a lack of ambition for the club? It will be smaller than Halifax Fc and they are not even a football league club! I was hoping for 15-20000 capacity at least . What does everyone else think ? Apart from that all other aspects I'm okay with- Boundary Park was always going to be worth more to move away from than to develop!.

It was depressing enough to think that the club no longer had ambitions to attract crowds of more than 16,000 for some games.

Have we settled for Bury/Rochdale/Stockport status then?

I'm sure it will. no need to waste money though on thousands of seats that wont be gettibg used for a while.

Exactly! Even if we went up we wouldn't fill it. We would fill it on major cup games, and even them are awarded by chance and are few and far between.

FINALLY!

This announcment has been too long in coming. But I suppose good things come to those who wait. Boundary Park will be sorely missed, but only for its memories.

As for it being in Failsworth before anybody starts.......who cares? It's still in Oldham it miles away from Manchester, I'm from Waterhead side of town origanally and I have no problem with this move whatsoever. Further more, limiting the capacity to 12,000 is a good move. We barely get 5,000 now, so even if we make the Championship I can't see that improving much more than 8-9k.

Here's to a bright future for OAFC. :drinking45:

I personally dont think we would sell out a 12,000 seater stadium very often in the Championship, I dont mean that in a pessimistic manner just realistic. I would rather see my team in a stadium which doesnt feel empty week in week out.

I personally dont think we would sell out a 12,000 seater stadium very often in the Championship, I dont mean that in a pessimistic manner just realistic. I would rather see my team in a stadium which doesnt feel empty week in week out.

Fully agree.....Wouldn't want to end up like Darlington

Exactly! Even if we went up we wouldn't fill it. We would fill it on major cup games, and even them are awarded by chance and are few and far between.

We would also fill it for a play-off semi in this division and possibly upwards of half a dozen times in the Championship, especially if other north-west clubs, and some of the bigger clubs from elsewhere were doing well. That's a lot of lost revenue.

Would 12,000 be enough for a fifth round FA Cup tie against, say, City or Bolton?

It was depressing enough to think that the club no longer had ambitions to attract crowds of more than 16,000 for some games.

If we doubled our average attendance we would only be getting 11000. Everyone seems to think we will be looking to treble or even quadruple it if we were to get promoted and move into a new stadium but thats not going to happen. If we're selling out every game then maybe they would think about adding another load of seats but untill then whats the point?

FINALLY!

This announcment has been too long in coming. But I suppose good things come to those who wait. Boundary Park will be sorely missed, but only for its memories.

As for it being in Failsworth before anybody starts.......who cares? It's still in Oldham it miles away from Manchester, I'm from Waterhead side of town origanally and I have no problem with this move whatsoever. Further more, limiting the capacity to 12,000 is a good move. We barely get 5,000 now, so even if we make the Championship I can't see that improving much more than 8-9k.

I'm not that bothered about it being in Failsworth, as it's still in the borough, but the site is probably less than a mile from Manchester.

FINALLY!

Sorry brother I want to see ambition. Minimum 18,000 seats like our prem days crowds. You can call Doncaster a souless stadium but it was built big enough to state forward movement. Guess what? they're in front of us from closer non league status than our prem days. Not happy with this downsized acceptance. As for a four sided Colchester 30 foot high stadium............... no thanks.

FINALLY!

it was my understanding tta were looking to the future and hopefully not letting the club stand still like it has done for the last 15 years...so you got to aim for the top and no way will this stadium be big enough....man u,,,city,,,liverpool,,,everton,will all fill the stadium themselves

20000 minimum please simon

it was my understanding tta were looking to the future and hopefully not letting the club stand still like it has done for the last 15 years...so you got to aim for the top and no way will this stadium be big enough....man u,,,city,,,liverpool,,,everton,will all fill the stadium themselves

im sure there will be room to improve as and when we get bigger crowds, but when we are barely getting 5000 this is sensible and understandable,

if we get into prem we can look at developing stadium, and im sure they are going to build it so its easier to redevelop in future

get emailing the club with these views, totally agree. if we were to ever become established in the champ we would get 8-10k a week crowds then 3-4k away fans = more than 12k capacity!!

And a bowl like MK Dons as the earlier poster suggested. With a further tier ready built for seats to be added. Not that lego looking four stands Colchester.

I'm sure there'll be flexibility to increase the capacity.

Let's hope we're 10 points clear at the top of the table when those detailed plans are being finalised!

If we doubled our average attendance we would only be getting 11000. Everyone seems to think we will be looking to treble or even quadruple it if we were to get promoted and move into a new stadium but thats not going to happen. If we're selling out every game then maybe they would think about adding another load of seats but untill then whats the point?

I think the point is that the ground will (hopefully) be around for decades. Catering for what we are likely to attract over the next few seasons could well hold is back further down the line.

I think it's too small, but if built with potential for future development then it's acceptable as it's progress.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

im sure there will be room to improve as and when we get bigger crowds, but when we are barely getting 5000 this is sensible and understandable,

if we get into prem we can look at developing stadium, and im sure they are going to build it so its easier to redevelop in future

which the club will get nailed for with a huge bill...

a 12000 stadium would not create enough revenue to run a premier league club

no matter how many pop concerts and so on are planned

Surely a capacity of 12000 limits the income through gate money into the club and therefore wages we will be able to afford for players .

On atmosphere I been to Darlingtons new ground good atmosphere from both ends (home and away) but a little bit eerie looking at all the empty seats !

We all like to watch a successful team in a full stadium but it will only be 12000. I think the 3 amigos feel thats as goods as it will get but even for the championship that is too small with all the local derbies we would have - we would not have enough space for the demand ! ( given we have a successful team as well!).