• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the move to Failsworth forum mean that those of us fans who are against the move will get a chance to influence the decision or are we just wasting our time going?

Well, the move WILL happen ... but doesn't stop you saying your peace.

Well, the move WILL happen ... but doesn't stop you saying your peace.

If the move WILL happen not much point in saying my piece.

It would have been nice for the fans to be consulted before the decision to become a Manc club had been made,

If the move WILL happen not much point in saying my piece.

It would have been nice for the fans to be consulted before the decision to become a Manc club had been made,

You don't need to worry about becoming a Manc club, as it's not even on the agenda - the proposed site is in the Failsworth part of Oldham.

You don't need to worry about becoming a Manc club, as it's not even on the agenda - the proposed site is in the Failsworth part of Oldham.

there is no oldham part of failsworth or failsworth part of oldham 'failsworth is manchester'

there is no oldham part of failsworth or failsworth part of oldham 'failsworth is manchester'

Haven't we already been through this? Historically, Failsworth, as people have said, is neither part of Oldham nor Manchester. It was a township which was, prior to local government reorganisation in 1974, part of the old Lancashire Council.

Having said that, those who go back generations in Failsworth are now probably well outnumbered by people who moved up from inner-city Manchester in the 1960s and '70's and their offspring. It is these people who give Failsworth its Mancunian flavour. It is also why Failswoth is an area where people overwhelmingly support one or other of the Manchester clubs, rather than Latics, which is an issue, although whether it affects our actual matchday experience is debatable. Wouldn't like to say how it will affect any ambitions to be a 'community club' and so on (whatever that means.)

Is that actually an issue ???? Can't see the problem at all.

If either of you still lived in Oldham, you would see a problem us of losing our finest institution within the town.

We will probably become the largest town in England not to have a professional football league club...!!

But it will still be in the borough.

The issue is not that the club will be based outside the borders of Oldham-it won't-but the wisdom of moving away from the Latics heartlands.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Does the move to Failsworth forum mean that those of us fans who are against the move will get a chance to influence the decision or are we just wasting our time going?

Might not be able to influence...highly unlikely...but still worth doing. To say it's a waste of time going is a bit like saying, Latics won't win today so I'm not going. Do the right thing...go...listen...see how it's put to us...and ask your questions and voice your concerns. You'll only get the one chance and will regret not doing so in future.

PS Slurms...spot on comment. I wonder how they'll feel when we're told at some late point in March that this is the last season at BP and we're ground sharing for a season with Dale or how they'll feel when all of a sudden Manchester Athletic starts slowly being mooted about. Makes me laugh how easily dismissed this point is...you hear "it just won't happen"...hmmmmmm....ok....coz you don't want to believe it won't! And if it's not by TTA, then when it's built and they sell (which they will...it's a land deal) the next lot might....suddenly it all becomes a little bit more ok, esp when we'll be in the stadium...bit like the powers that be want MK Scum....over time....with enough of a shove...they will accept! Or else....

Edited by boundaryblue80

If either of you still lived in Oldham, you would see a problem us of losing our finest institution within the town.

Seem to recollect similar type of comment when OB move to Boddingtons brewery

Personally I do NOT wish to move to Failsworth but see no other alternative as I wish MY/OUR club to stay alive

We have all questioned TTA s (now 4 ) intentions for the club but I believe that without their intervention there would be no Oldham Athletic

so " lets get behind the boys and make some noise for OUR boys"

We love you Oldham, oh yes we do

I think anyone not associated with Oldham would view it as part of Greater Manchester anyway. I dont think the move will alter anyones perceptions apart from current supporters who will go anyway. Dont Bolton play in Horwich? They arent called Horwich Wanderers.

Do go along though, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I feel there has been a lot of needless scaremongering on here since the proposed move, let that begin when more detailed plans have been outlined if necessary.

I think anyone not associated with Oldham would view it as part of Greater Manchester anyway. I dont think the move will alter anyones perceptions apart from current supporters who will go anyway. Dont Bolton play in Horwich? They arent called Horwich Wanderers.

Do go along though, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I feel there has been a lot of needless scaremongering on here since the proposed move, let that begin when more detailed plans have been outlined if necessary.

The irony...is there any bigger scaremongering than Corneys "OAFC is dying" emotional blackmail or the sharing with Dale nugget that's been thrown in to get people onside?...It's funny how that was never said when redevelopment was the buzz word and we marched against the council.