Barry Owen on Attendances

To you it probably does, you do seem not to be able to undertsand most things I and others say...

You do understand that I do not automatically accept everything you say.... I have a dis-trust of the trust... but to fair, I doubt you believe everything I say either... So even stevens there...

I understand everything you tell me...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do understand that I do not automatically accept everything you say.... I have a dis-trust of the trust... but to fair, I doubt you believe everything I say either... So even stevens their...

I understand everything you tell me...

I now have a dis-trust of you, as you now state that you understand everything I say yet you consider me a liar and untrustworthy person. This means that I dont trust your opinions and views on matters as these are now founded with an alternative motive.

Please do what and say what you will, to me you are the type of fan that is damaging OAFC - you do not wish to help only hinder what others are working hard to make sure, that the club will continue to delevop and grow.

You do nothing for the club at presnt only damage it, 3500 other fans suffer by spending the little time and money they have by supporting the club.

My spare time to me is valuable so please if you have a question, seeing you dont believe me dont expect an immediate reply.

Richard Attwood - WardleLatic

Right...

Contrary to everything Wardle says about me...

The only thing I care about is Oldham Athletic Football Club... I have no loyalty to the trust or TTA...

I have made, I feel, some valid criticism, comments and suggestions (although apparently I am just negative)...

If I am "annoying" and upsetting others fine... I will step back and give it a break...

I don't accept that I am "repeating", its called be discussing... and I am surprised its a crime to come on every day and give a dam... as it has been suggested above...

Either way... I will step back and let others comment...

My ONLY concern is OAFC long term survival...

you do not wish to help only hinder

Only thing I want to add is... If that was true then why a daily effort to make suggestions... and WHY oh WHY would ANY fan with 5,000 + posts and 20+ years watching the club ONLY want to hinder... You just dont get it :(

Anyway, I am out of here for a while...

Edited by oafc0000

Only thing I want to add is... If that was true then why a daily effort to make suggestions... and WHY oh WHY would ANY fan with 5,000 + posts and 20+ years watching the club ONLY want to hinder... You just dont get it :(

Anyway, I am out of here for a while...

20 years of support is HISTORY its not what will help the club move forward and survive, 20 yrs ago we had 18,000 at games, these supporters are no longer fans..

You dont have to support the Trust or TTA you have to support OAFC, that means who ever is wearing the latic shirt or who is the manager doesnt matter you do what you can when you can. This in short means attending games when possible, not deciding to miss games for some personal reason

You are hindering the club and its future as a collective - you are joing a group of people missing games because you want to not because you cant !

You have at times made some worth while cristism but you choose not to listen to poeple who say that it has been taken on board and feed negitivity like air does fire .

20 years of support is HISTORY its not what will help the club move forward and survive, 20 yrs ago we had 18,000 at games, these supporters are no longer fans..

You dont have to support the Trust or TTA you have to support OAFC, that means who ever is wearing the latic shirt or who is the manager doesnt matter you do what you can when you can. This in short means attending games when possible, not deciding to miss games for some personal reason

You are hindering the club and its future as a collective - you are joing a group of people missing games because you want to not because you cant !

You have at times made some worth while cristism but you choose not to listen to poeple who say that it has been taken on board and feed negitivity like air does fire .

Well put.

And for those of us who are actually supporting the club - roll on Saturday!

Wardle I'm sorry but the Trust doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I've seen oafc0000's comments and leeslover's to name just two and they're right. I'm sure the Trusts motives are genuine but it doesn't seem to be working how it should be. It seems to constantly side with the club and not the fans it should be representing. It's great though that Barry wrote his article in the Chron, it's got things in motion and people talking and listening.

I've read a fair bit of this thread and i feel that there have been quite a few suggestions made by some which would be worth further investigation if the club were interested ! when i attended the forum at radcliffe school a number of weeks ago the main thing i came away with was that Simon Corney was asked was he in it for the money and he answered yes !! some would say well he's never going to make money out of oldham athletic ? and there right, but he can make money out of selling land or developing land in conjunction with others, well that's what there doing now FACT.

Whilst i acknowledge we probably wouldn't be around anymore without the TTA it is laughable that this thread goes on about the club promoting itself better and trying to get people to attend the games, there not interested because as i said earlier i firmly now believe that land development is far more important to the TTA so i hate to say it but i feel your suggestions will fall on deaf ears !

I also see a lot of discussion about the trust, when it was first set up to raise funds to keep our club alive it served a very useful purpose and a lot of people raised a lot of money, the problem now tho is that a small minority of people are using the trust as an ego trip and i feel it no longer serves the fans and has now just become in Barry a mouthpiece of the TTA rather than the fans.

What we should be worried about is what will happen when the land has gone, were in Failsworth and TTA are gone, what is plan b when we do have to promote the club to keep afloat ??

Rich you know me this is not a dig at you personally as i know you have the best interest of the club at heart but the person who represents the fans on the board let's you and other members of the trust down and the trust i feel does not represent the fans no longer as i'm sure this is represented in membership numbers ?

I've read a fair bit of this thread and i feel that there have been quite a few suggestions made by some which would be worth further investigation if the club were interested ! when i attended the forum at radcliffe school a number of weeks ago the main thing i came away with was that Simon Corney was asked was he in it for the money and he answered yes !! some would say well he's never going to make money out of oldham athletic ? and there right, but he can make money out of selling land or developing land in conjunction with others, well that's what there doing now FACT.

Whilst i acknowledge we probably wouldn't be around anymore without the TTA it is laughable that this thread goes on about the club promoting itself better and trying to get people to attend the games, there not interested because as i said earlier i firmly now believe that land development is far more important to the TTA so i hate to say it but i feel your suggestions will fall on deaf ears !

I also see a lot of discussion about the trust, when it was first set up to raise funds to keep our club alive it served a very useful purpose and a lot of people raised a lot of money, the problem now tho is that a small minority of people are using the trust as an ego trip and i feel it no longer serves the fans and has now just become in Barry a mouthpiece of the TTA rather than the fans.

What we should be worried about is what will happen when the land has gone, were in Failsworth and TTA are gone, what is plan b when we do have to promote the club to keep afloat ??

Rich you know me this is not a dig at you personally as i know you have the best interest of the club at heart but the person who represents the fans on the board let's you and other members of the trust down and the trust i feel does not represent the fans no longer as i'm sure this is represented in membership numbers ?

Superb post and in a nutshell what everyone else on this thread has been getting at! :applause1::applause1:

Kind of sums it up :lol:

I offered and indeed set up a free alternative web portal that would be 99.99% reliable, and was geared up so that anybody in the trust (or nominated by the trust) could update - from anywhere. Was it used?

No. Instead they let their existing website grind to a halt - expire - then re-instate some time later, only to lose most of their data in the process...

I offered and indeed set up a free alternative web portal that would be 99.99% reliable, and was geared up so that anybody in the trust (or nominated by the trust) could update - from anywhere. Was it used?

No. Instead they let their existing website grind to a halt - expire - then re-instate some time later, only to lose most of their data in the process...

:petesake:

Was it something like word press?? Works really that type of stuff :)

Amazing how free stuff is out there now...

Edited by oafc0000

:petesake:

Was it something like word press?? Works really that type of stuff :)

Amazing how free stuff is out there now...

No, it was set up on Blogger - kinda similar though...great accessibility from mobile devices and to other social networks - beggars belief...

http://trustoldhamonline.blogspot.com/

It's still there, I posted everything that's on there - I gave up in the end. Rick was in contact with me and wanted me to look after it, but as soon as I saw the old one go back up I though well, what's the point...

That's not a dig at Rick, he was keen to get this going.

No, it was set up on Blogger - kinda similar though...great accessibility from mobile devices and to other social networks - beggars belief...

http://trustoldhamonline.blogspot.com/

It's still there, I posted everything that's on there - I gave up in the end. Rick was in contact with me and wanted me to look after it, but as soon as I saw the old one go back up I though well, what's the point...

That's not a dig at Rick, he was keen to get this going.

For what its worth....I like it...

Addition of a bit of a menu might be good...you can do that with word press for example to section things...

Edited by oafc0000

When did Barry Owen last pay and I thought he was a rugby man but obviously freebies and kudos changed his mind

Barry Owen pays for a Main Stand Season Ticket every season. Barry Owen also pays for all the away games that he attends if this is what you were implying too?.

Barry Owen pays for a Main Stand Season Ticket every season. Barry Owen also pays for all the away games that he attends if this is what you were implying too?.

I have to agree with wardle here, it seems like people are just looking for sticks to beat the trust and especially Barry Owen with at times. I think people often forget the people who run the trust want what we want, afterall they are diehard fans as well or they wouldn't be spending their free time, unpaid, attending meetings and trying to organise events so they can get shot down, when they could just as easily be sitting behind their keyboards sniping at anyone who tries to make an effort whilst doing :censored: all themselves. Although I should say that I don't necessarily support how the trust has been run myself either and agree with many of the views presented here.

I think what does need to happen, like has been said is that the trust need to be more representative of the views of the entire fanbase, afterall that is what they are supposed to represent. The 'fiasco' over the re-election of Barry Owen, someone who many on here seem to have an inherent disliking of, should surely be addressed first.

I think what does need to happen, like has been said is that the trust need to be more representative of the views of the entire fanbase, afterall that is what they are supposed to represent. The 'fiasco' over the re-election of Barry Owen, someone who many on here seem to have an inherent disliking of, should surely be addressed first.

I agree with this.

If the trust is there to represent the fans, it should aim to represent all of the fans views, regardless of whether or not the said fans are members of the trust or interested in it for that matter.

I have no problem with the trust only wanting to represent the views of fans involved with the trust. However, if this is the case they should come out and say we are only interested in representing the views held by those involved in our organisation to avoid misunderstandings.