Barry Owen on Attendances

food isnt a club concern as they only receive money from the sale of food asnd not the profit, Azure pay for the right to sell.... ist the easy option for the club to make money !

It becomes a club concern when supply / service / prices actually play a part in diminishing the matchday experience for some. It doesn't bother me in the least, but there do seem to be many who are peed off by lack of availability beyond the 40th minute of the match.

If it's the straw that breaks the camel's back it becomes a major loser of revenue for the club.

Azure would love the club to sell all seats :wink:

Why? So that their staff can go home at 3.05pm because they've sold out?

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q.why are there no bums on seats any more?

A.because barry, the club is being run from the top without a care about the club, only their outlay and final sum they receive...its not about oldham athletic football club anymore...its about building them houses asap,building that stadium asap,collecting that cheque and soddin off.

and guess what barry..some latics fans i know have seen through this, and have decided to not bother till TTA are off.they aren't looking after the club anymore,they are looking after their payout.thats why BP is a dump..its been left to rot and rust because they won't spend anymore on the fans comfort there.

the club is being run shoddily, and fans arn't going to keep going week in week out to sit in shoddy surroundings, being treated shoddily and being charged £20 for the pleasure of it.

at times,i wonder if the club is on par with an amateur set up.

a final point...kudos to carl and richie for speaking up on here. it seems ,as i have always suspected, that whatever is said at the trust committee meetings ,goes right over barry's head, and he still says what HE thinks...not what the TRUST as a whole thinks.

now...where is my tin hat?

All good points, the Trust have been and will continue to make suggestions and help when and were we can but being bruterly honest, some at the club dont like or want change !!

Well I've had enough of the club not wanting change. It's time the fans united and forced the powers to make changes. I sadly think there'll be little change until we have new owners.

A.because barry, the club is being run from the top without a care about the club, only their outlay and final sum they receive...its not about oldham athletic football club anymore...its about building them houses asap,building that stadium asap,collecting that cheque and soddin off.

and guess what barry..some latics fans i know have seen through this, and have decided to not bother till TTA are off.they aren't looking after the club anymore,they are looking after their payout.thats why BP is a dump..its been left to rot and rust because they won't spend anymore on the fans comfort there.

the club is being run shoddily, and fans arn't going to keep going week in week out to sit in shoddy surroundings, being treated shoddily and being charged £20 for the pleasure of it.

a final point...kudos to carl and richie for speaking up on here. it seems ,as i have always suspected, that whatever is said at the trust committee meetings ,goes right over barry's head, and he still says what HE thinks...not what the TRUST as a whole thinks.

Agree completely John, fair play to Carl and Rick for breaking ranks a tad and explaining to the masses (although some of us have been pointing out these failings for months even a couple of years) the failings of and lack of marketing at the club.

Let's be careful not to turn this in to an anti-TTA rant.

Until there are better owners to replace them I think it's preferable to be constructive !!

Well lets just call a spade a spade and let it be what it in reality it should be... Cant be fairer than that....

Until there are better owners to replace them I think it's preferable to be constructive !!

Whilst I agree, both TTA and our fans representative should be held accountable for the lack of progressive marketing at the club. A lot of us are confused at the mixed messages eminating from the club. On the one hand we're skint, with pisspoor crowds and the TTA are having to bail us out month after month, you'd think that they would have a dedicated strategy to make the club more viable. The new stadium will not be an overnight miracle in generating income streams - so why not get the marketing right before we move and build on it further when the move actually happens?

I don't think it's becoming an Anti TTA rant per se. They being owners should be accountable if a growing amount of customers are feeling unhappy about the lack of visible proactive marketing coming from them.

As for the extra cost incurred by having 3,000 more fans, well the club can't bleeding have it both ways, can they?

well i'd say they run the club,there are all these problems..who is to blame that:

1/there is no marketing in the club?

2/the stadium is a dump?

3/fans are having to pay £20 to sit in that dump?

4/we are looking at a new "home" in failsworth, which is nothing more that a complete deathwish IMO.

i didn't renew my season ticket this year for the first time in 10 or so years...have i had anyone phone or write to me asking why?

no, barry rants off without thought or reason..again.

but i suppose all those stamps or phone calls cost money anyway, don't want another expenditure do they?

What about this wardle ?

It doesnt matter if the club sell 10000 pies a game the club dont get any extra money, the deal as been set, I dont know when the deal is too, so its not in the interest for the club to do this is it ???

Of course it is because this is keeping fans away, but why cant people at the club see this?

To be fair Simon Blitz cares 100% about the club, Bp is a dump we all know that its just TTA cant afford to fix or develop that but thats another debate

Barry does mention a lot of this at meetings, the club listen then decide they were right all along it seems

Well I've had enough of the club not wanting change. It's time the fans united and forced the powers to make changes. I sadly think there'll be little change until we have new owners.

The club wants change, the fans NEED change, the owners are desperate for change but does the workings of the club want change?

I'm 100% behind the TTA and would lay the bricks to a new stand if they asked me, at this presnt time they (TTA) are the best thing the club has got

As for the extra cost incurred by having 3,000 more fans, well the club can't bleeding have it both ways, can they?

The suggestion is allowing an extra 3,000 people in for free would cost us more. Not sure how really...

The safety certificate dictates how many stewards you need regardless of the attendance unless the rules have changed.

Your not going to need a lot of extra police for kids...

If today we have 6,000 people coming into the stadium and we charge x amount to sell food in the stadium. I am sure we could sort a better deal if we are getting 9,000 through the door...

Whilst I agree, both TTA and our fans representative should be held accountable for the lack of progressive marketing at the club. A lot of us are confused at the mixed messages eminating from the club. On the one hand we're skint, with pisspoor crowds and the TTA are having to bail us out month after month, you'd think that they would have a dedicated strategy to make the club more viable. The new stadium will not be an overnight miracle in generating income streams - so why not get the marketing right before we move and build on it further when the move actually happens?

sorry but this isnt right or Fair,

Barry makes the suggestions

TTA listern to the suggests

CEO and MD have to act on the suggests.....

Take from that what you will :wink:

It doesnt matter if the club sell 10000 pies a game the club dont get any extra money, the deal as been set, I dont know when the deal is too, so its not in the interest for the club to do this is it ???

???

I would guess its on a per season basis, so here is a suggestion, last six games of the season we let in kids for free... add 3,000 to the attendance proving we can get lets say 9,000. When we come to restructure the new deal we charge more ? It will almost certainly be linked to attendances how much can charge.

Now lets say with a bit of foresight we did that last season we would be sitting pretty now....

Any momentum we gained on the marketing side from Sean Jarvis' five years at the club has been wasted in the three years since his departure. In fact the marketing was better in the 80s when Hardy was Commercial manager all you have to do is take a look in a mid-80s programme to see the wealth of initiatives we had - oh and the half-arsed attempts to revive the lottery has lost the club money as well as the scoreboard debacle...

head on block time

Barry went to the papers because !!!

a) he was unhappy with the crowds this season

B) Read with interest things on Owtb but wanted the wider community of Oldham to talk about it in work, home and play

c) Knew it would get people talking !!

After all its like what Bob said in the commercial years ago..."Its good to talk" :wink:

We are only hear now though about how little the club have been listening... and not from Barry... I thought the idea of the trust was to let the fans know what was going on ?

???

I would guess its on a per season basis, so here is a suggestion, last six games of the season we let in kids for free... add 3,000 to the attendance proving we can get lets say 9,000. When we come to restructure the new deal we charge more ? It will almost certainly be linked to attendances how much can charge.

Now lets say with a bit of foresight we did that last season we would be sitting pretty now....

just like selling space in the programme for advertising !!! the more you sell the more you can charge

head on block time

B) Read with interest things on Owtb but wanted the wider community of Oldham to talk about it in work, home and play

After all its like what Bob said in the commercial years ago..."Its good to talk" :wink:

:blink:

head on block time

It's hardly head on block mate, I think we all know those were the reasons that Barry went to the Bison.

Out of interest, in comparison to other clubs how many of them use outside company caterers to look after the food?

Maybe Barry should stop trying to convey everything on his own. The Trust is a collective or supposed to be - TTA should be made to listen. It's our club not theirs. Once they've made their profit we won't see them for dust and whilst I'm grateful for a lot of what they have done, they are selling the club's future short by not having a dedicated marketing strategy. Their apathy will affect the long term furture of the club whether they build the Failswoth Fun Park or not!

Ok here the reasons why I am not currently going, some down to the club some down to wider problems...

• Cost :- food, drink, travel, ticket into game is about £50+ for me per game
  • Decision to sack Shez with 7 games to go pissed me off no end. Spent all season offering my support and then when it came to the crunch the board lost its bottle. Can I be arsed supporting the team/manager for another season to watch us sack another manager at the wrong time.
  • Atmosphere is dead
  • Our fans are messirable. Too much infighting regarding standing / sitting and no interest in coming to a happy solution. THis is all regardless of the law. Im talking about not getting a ST near the away fans if you dont want people standing in front of you. Simple stuff. By the way, I sit to the right as I bring a kid when I come and dont want people stood in front of me. Just feel there is no unity in the fans anymore.
  • Food at the ground. Runs out barely fives mins into half time leaving me hungry
  • Fan on the board / trust situation is nothing short of pathetic
  • Feel like we are being rail roaded into a move to failsworth which has not been proved to be the best option.
  • My friends dont go anymore

I think mainly its about the game day experience. Its not worth the money any more. I dont walk away thinking I had a good day out.

5000+ posts on an internet fan forum and you don't go anymore....you only have to go into the chat room for an average home game to realise that half of this forum is sat at home in front of their computer rather than going to the game. Maybe that's the problem, people think it's easier just to sit in front a computer and become a cyber armchair fan. Man United fans have shown us the way and we're now all following.

And for my two penneth, I think more revenue would be generated if they don't just open the bar at bang on HT and shut the bar as soon as the second half starts. I can remember a couple of seasons back at Elland Road, when I had a crap seat beneath pitch level, when I spent the entire second half in the concourse bar watching the game on the TV. And I'm kidding when I say there was at least another 50-odd fans in there all spending money. Maybe this will happen in the new stadium......who knows??!