Joe Colbeck

A couple of weeks ago, I said something along the lines of "if Joe Colbeck's a professional footballer, then so am I".

Well today, the lad has made me eat my words. He was vastly improved and certainly in the first half, one of the candidates for MOM.

His running and tackling was superb. An absolute travesty to get carded in the 2nd when he got the ball first.

Put in several crosses too. Much better.

Plenty of work still to do, but a massive improvement.

Well done that lad. :applause1:

A couple of weeks ago, I said something along the lines of "if Joe Colbeck's a professional footballer, then so am I".

Well today, the lad has made me eat my words. He was vastly improved and certainly in the first half, one of the candidates for MOM.

His running and tackling was superb. An absolute travesty to get carded in the 2nd when he got the ball first.

Put in several crosses too. Much better.

Plenty of work still to do, but a massive improvement.

Well done that lad. :applause1:

Really????

Really????

Credit where it's due, the lad wasn't brilliant but certainly a lot better. His ball control is his let down as time and again it runs away from him. Unfortunatally,it isn't something you can learn,you either have it or you don't.

True, but I'm feeling quite positive after that today, and it makes a nice change from me being suicidal on a Saturday evening.

So I'm trying to spread my positive vibe..... :wink:

ye im positive bout bout the performance but just being realistic bout colbeck he did better but has a lot of improvement needed

I thought Colbeck continued the improvement we saw at City midweek. Much more impressed today.

:cardinal:

I agree think we saw a glimpse of what DP see in him today, ran at the defender today well and battled hard for the ball

If he continues in that form he may deserve to wear the Latic No. 28 shirt :wink:

Colbecks best game to date. He did ok today and all the neg posters are wrong. The thread starter stated he did well and better than previously. He was. End of.

Yeah he was a lot better, but you can tell he isn't a decent player at this level. He showed endeavor, and got stuck in then went super close with a belting drilled shot that just went over. Showed much, much more than he had previously but I think it's a once-every-now-and-again performance rather than the boy done good.

Yeah he was a lot better, but you can tell he isn't a decent player at this level. He showed endeavor, and got stuck in then went super close with a belting drilled shot that just went over. Showed much, much more than he had previously but I think it's a once-every-now-and-again performance rather than the boy done good.

Agreed he does seem out of his depth, but the thread was he did ok today and better than previously. Which he did. Shame really, he seems a down to earth nice guy on his LW interviews.

Agreed he does seem out of his depth, but the thread was he did ok today and better than previously. Which he did. Shame really, he seems a down to earth nice guy on his LW interviews.

Yeah, spot on. Looks an honest, hardworking type of player, but a couple of divisions too high for him. And rightly so, it ought to be mentioned how he played today as he has more than his fair share of knockers, myself included.

He's a kid brought in to improve.

He did well today, far from the finished article but a good game that has obviously upset a few of the boo boys.

He looked better on the left flank and not too bad when he came into midfield, perhaps he has found his slot.