Rumour has it that he is going on loan to Scunthorpe with a permanent deal to be done in the summer.

Probably at a fraction of the price we quoted in January.

Don't believe it - Taylor (apparently) has a number of admirers. Therefore the fact we are potless loses the majority of its relevance. Probably all relevance when considering the player will likely also consider our interests.

Rumour has it that he is going on loan to Scunthorpe with a permanent deal to be done in the summer.

I'm probably being optimistic but hopefully they need him as much as we need the cash so the price will be pretty similar.

I was happy we kept him in January as I thought it was worth the gamble to keep him for our promotion push, but obviously things have changed since then and I now see him as more of a luxury player rather than a necessity. Sell.

Don't believe it - Taylor (apparently) has a number of admirers. Therefore the fact we are potless loses the majority of its relevance. Probably all relevance when considering the player will likely also consider our interests.

Admirers yes, but nobody who admires him enough to put a concrete offer in.

Admirers yes, but nobody who admires him enough to put a concrete offer in.

Possibly not at what Scunny previously offered. However if we are now prepared to accept a fraction of their previous offer then other 'admirers' would be alerted. This coupled with the bonus of an immediate loan to skip around the transfer window (another thing which makes a mockery of these windows) to help them try and avoid the drop means I'm confident we would get a fair price.

He is being "encouraged" to leave at the earliest opportunity.

I'd imagine all of the players have had all the encouragement they need with the wages debacle. If my employer was struggling to pay its wages and confirming it may leave its premises in a few months time without anywhere to go then I'd be looking for a way out.

They've got themselves (and in many cases their families) to look after.

Edited by jsslatic

I'd imagine all of the players have had all the encouragement they need with the wages debacle. If my employer was struggling to pay its wages and confirming it may leave its premises in a few months time without anywhere to go then I'd be looking for a way out.

and liquid entrance fees to keep paying

Should have sold him in January. We needed the money then, need it even more now. We're a selling club. No more keeping players to push for promotion, it's not happened since 1990. If we need to sell then do it and get the best price.

I can accept this.

Should have sold him in January. We needed the money then, need it even more now. We're a selling club. No more keeping players to push for promotion, it's not happened since 1990. If we need to sell then do it and get the best price.

I can accept this.

Or ever before

I mean "encouraged" by the people high up in the club.

In the lead up to the January transfer window; prior to the snow break – Taylor was in a rich vein of form; playing in the 4-4-1-1 formation; behind Tonk. He was linking midfield & attacked pretty well, and went on a bit of goal run.

That must have alerted the interested parties that were scouting & sniffing around in 2008/2009 again – at that stage; the likes of Reading, Blackpool, Birmingham, Leicester and Leeds were amongst others all quotes as having an interest.

If Scunny came in with the reported bid in January that they were quoted as doing; TBH i’m amazed Taylor was “encouraged” to accept the bid more by the powers at that stage. Every player has a price, every player is a sellable asset.

If Scunny again do come in with a loan with a view to permanent move – at a similar amount to the one made in January – now, with all things considered; I think it’s a no brainer for both parties.

Yeah Scunny are odds on to go down this season; but what you rather do? Sign for a side who have a future; short & long term; who will be playing in L1 next season (most likely) or turn it down and stay with us with the very real possibility of not getting wages paid on time again, an uncertain short & long term future; (hopefully) L1 football with a general mood of downbeat & defeated? Plus; we were still in the playoff hunt in January – weren’t not anymore; so that i think plays a massive part in any future move too.....

2 + 2 and coming up with 5; but i’d say he’s a goner – be it to Scunny or elsewhere........

Sky Sports says the same :(

Loan link

Sky sports say nothing of the sort. Their story is a simple "if a = 2 and b = 3 then a + b =5" The keys word being IF.

As for Sinnots "rumours" - the key to these is; are they first hand from a credible source or yet another example of one person making something up and another person being quite happy to believe what they say? It wouldn't be the first time.