Evolution - 27.04.2011

Anyone got any ideas as to what the big announcement will be at the end of season dinner, as mentioned in Saturday's programme?

I hope it turns out not to be a damp squib.

I have a thought - well maybe a dream - that they are going to announce the signing of Paul Scholes for next season.

There are a few things that make me hope that this may be true, and I know it's all wishful thinking and we've hoped for it before, but here goes:

1) Don't think he's yet signed for United for next season.

2) Season ticket holders have until May 19th to claim their tickets for next season, after which they cannot be guaranteed their current seat. Previously we've had until some time in July to do this, so they MUST ( :D ) be expecting a mad rush then.

3) The White Hart is pretty much his nearest watering hole, after the Farrars.

4) I'm completely barking.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitley shope related. It will be something innovate like paypal, and more stock.

OR a new name perhaps?

Whilst excellent that the sales and marketing is improved, something we have called for, I don't think it is going to be revolutionary it terms of the current financial plight of the club.

Expectations might need to be lowered by some.

Edited by singe

As far as I am aware it is not this, I am positive we have another 12 months with Carbrini.

I personally think it will be a new club badge which will be debuted on the new away shirt.

I never knew that! It seems everyone is changing their badge so it most probably will be that. Hopefully the away shirt is another tangerine one.

Definitley shope related. It will be something innovate like paypal, and more stock.

OR a new name perhaps?

Whilst excellent that the sales and marketing is improved, something we have called for, I don't think it is going to be revolutionary it terms of the current financial plight of the club.

Expectations might need to be lowered by some.

Although unlikely, wouldnt rule out a slight name change as it fits in with the 'evolution' theme. Maybe dropping the athletic in the same way Stevenage dropped the Borough when they were promoted?

The 'we are latics' URL seems to suggest that its something to do with the club shop. I just had a thought, if it is a new kit, then maybe its something along the lines of the deal at Bradford

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10266~2275398,00.html

Deal with Just Pro Sports Club which will mean a nike kit and a club shop refurbishment.

When we were moving to Failsworth there was a lot of talk about a rebranding which would include a name change to be Oldham ...... - the ...... being something related to the Avros/Aerospace links on that site.

Maybe they'd committed to that change before it fell through?

Actually, thinking about it as I write it I doubt this - as "we are Latics" doesn't work if we're not Latics anymore! :lol:

The web link can be changed at any time though, so maybe they have just put it as 'wearelatics' at the moment and will change it on the day of the countdown and anyone who types 'wearelatics' will be directed to the new URL link.

I recon it is a new supplier of pies ;)

The web link can be changed at any time though, so maybe they have just put it as 'wearelatics' at the moment and will change it on the day of the countdown and anyone who types 'wearelatics' will be directed to the new URL link.

I recon it is a new supplier of pies ;)

Had an email conversation with Alan via email last week and his words were "The marketing plan seems to have done its job creating interest for what will be a significant piece of Latics history"

Can't see it being a new club shop, new kit. Maybe new investment or owners!

Im trying not to think of the possibilites behind the hyped up build up to an end of season presentation evening, because whether on the pitch or off it OAFC know how to dissapoint supporters and the chances are it wont be anything significant enough to get excited about!

I hope your wrong, but I wouldn't put it past Latics.

Had an email conversation with Alan via email last week and his words were "The marketing plan seems to have done its job creating interest for what will be a significant piece of Latics history"

I am definitely going for a new badge, possibly a name change too. New kit may be part of the shebang but won't be the whole shebang.

Rebranding (been on the cards for at least two years from my understanding), we've not changed the club-crest since 1983 - well overdue…..probably, new kit, new badge, new identity…and to cap it all a formal name change to Oldham Athletic Nil….

Edited by oafcprozac

Very much doubt it will be new investment or owners

The 'we are latics' URL seems to suggest that its something to do with the club shop. I just had a thought, if it is a new kit, then maybe its something along the lines of the deal at Bradford

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10266~2275398,00.html

Deal with Just Pro Sports Club which will mean a nike kit and a club shop refurbishment.

That'll do for me.

New shirt, new shirt sponsor, new looking shop, and possibly new logo.

Significant, but not as new investment, new stadium and where we are going to be in 2012/13.

I inthk they are playing with fire hyping it too much, as others have said.

Rebranding (been on the cards for at least two years from my understanding), we've not changed the club-crest since 1983 - well overdue…..probably, new kit, new badge, new identity…and to cap it all a formal name change to Oldham Athletic Nil….

:applause1:

Maybe it's because the current club badge has existed throughout my lifetime so I don't know any different, but I wouldn't want it to change from what it is. It's quite distinctive. Also new badges that other clubs have designed recently have been rubbish imo so I worry that ours would be similarly bad.