Evolution - 27.04.2011

Evolution?

We've had some small animals for years and years and they have evolved into the ultimate football player in each position, however due the clubs financial plight, they will be sold for a mars bar, bag of nuts, and 50p and the fee shall be undisclosed. Oh, and a new stadium thats evolved from £20m.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New kit suppliers it is then!!!

When I went to see AH re the Carbrini kits he was talking about the away kit for the next season so I just assumed that my initial instincts regarding the deal having another year to run were right.

However, although a new kit, and possibly new supplier, could be part of the announcement, I think what prozac said is right, will be a complete rebranding. New badge, new kit, possibly a name change too.

Out of interest, why?

Athletic is such a brilliant, classy name that Bilbao chose it in preference to Atletico. In fact, Athletic is the name the club insists on being used, rather than Bilbao. I have Basque blood and that may explain our mutual good taste. B)

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

However, although a new kit, and possibly new supplier, could be part of the announcement, I think what prozac said is right, will be a complete rebranding. New badge, new kit, possibly a name change too.

Better :censored:ing not be, and the swearing is absolutely necessary. I'll continue to anticipate another new ground proposal.

Incidentally, this is my first ever post delivered from the bath. :first:

Better :censored:ing not be, and the swearing is absolutely necessary. I'll continue to anticipate another new ground proposal.

Can you really see the club or council making any kind of new ground proposal before the local elections?

they would have had a vote etc on rebranding and what not - this would alienate fans if just brought up out of the blue, especially a name change which i think would just about end my time at the club if it were to happen.

To hype it up to this extent and to regard as significant, I would think it HAS to be stadium related (wearelatics is just a domain name, doesnt mean shop related etc essentially).

If it is anything to do with kit suppliers it will sum the club up as quite literally a joke

they would have had a vote etc on rebranding and what not - this would alienate fans if just brought up out of the blue, especially a name change which i think would just about end my time at the club if it were to happen.

To hype it up to this extent and to regard as significant, I would think it HAS to be stadium related (wearelatics is just a domain name, doesnt mean shop related etc essentially).

If it is anything to do with kit suppliers it will sum the club up as quite literally a joke

They dont have to have a vote on anything.

Bill Gates was in Manchester yesterday and he was quoted as saying "I take a great interest in Soccer-ball. I would like to build up a club that is so small it could fit into a glass bottle into a humongous trophy winning Club. Oh When the Bluuuuueeeeesssss!"*

*This information may not be 100% Correct.

Edited by SholverBlue

I think Corney would have to be insane to try to float the club in the current market. Who's going to be buying shares in a football club these days?

Still sounds like something shop-related to me. Maybe a new badge (but I like the one we have).

Anything more drastic, like renaming the club, would seem to be a pointless and possibly self-defeating diversion — it would cost money and run the risk of alienating, rather than attracting, fans.

Testing testing.

Did he post again?

Otherwise, he might have electrocuted himself!

Or dropped it and had a very serious injury!

RIP Stitch!

In terms of club bage, should the owl go or not?

what would happen to Chaddy if iit did go?!

When we were moving to Failsworth there was a lot of talk about a rebranding which would include a name change to be Oldham ...... - the ...... being something related to the Avros/Aerospace links on that site.

Maybe they'd committed to that change before it fell through?

Actually, thinking about it as I write it I doubt this - as "we are Latics" doesn't work if we're not Latics anymore! :lol:

Failsworth Athletic? :shock:

Maybe the suggested Nike deal includes a nice new brand spanking new stadium to be known as 'The Nike stadium'

what would happen to Chaddy if iit did go?!

Failsworth Athletic? :shock:

Maybe the suggested Nike deal includes a nice new brand spanking new stadium to be known as 'The Nike stadium'

Yep, good point bensonio. Time for a bit of hard negotiating methinks.

None of this rubbish % cut and a hoover of the club shop.

£20m for our shirt sales of 50k per year or no deal.

I hope when this is announced al those that have castigated AH over the years come back and eat humble pie..

Edited by singe

I think Corney would have to be insane to try to float the club in the current market. Who's going to be buying shares in a football club these days?

Still sounds like something shop-related to me. Maybe a new badge (but I like the one we have).

Anything more drastic, like renaming the club, would seem to be a pointless and possibly self-defeating diversion — it would cost money and run the risk of alienating, rather than attracting, fans.

A flotation would really seal our fate.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/sponsorship/oldham-athletic-announce-jd-sports-carbrini-sponsor-deal.html

Seems I was wrong about the carbrini deal anyhow, runs out at the end of this season

Gutted, I was hoping my free shirt from Skipton would do for another season!

If its shirt/shop related and AH is describing it a significant piece of the club's history then he really has lost the plot.

Yep, good point bensonio. Time for a bit of hard negotiating methinks.

None of this rubbish % cut and a hoover of the club shop.

£20m for our shirt sales of 50k per year or no deal.

I hope when this is announced al those that have castigated AH over the years come back and eat humble pie..

I think this is the only realistic way in which Alan Hardy could justify his wage for all these years!