Evolution - 27.04.2011

oh dear, spit out that dummy. i don't like small minded arse holes banging on about the badge, the post code or a pile of other trival crap, but there you are.

Oldham making MANCHESTER greater

Oldham, the best part of GREATER MANCHESTER since 1974.

Oldham, part of a rather large connrbation (look it up dick head) for over a century.

Rather part of Oldham and Tameside Athletic than part of a dead club.

:lol:

Stick yer Greater Manchester up yer :o

http://www.forl.co.uk/

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

support oldham for the club and the team, not the badge, does that really matter?

i think the whole 'evolution' isn't just a new badge though, especially as the word 'begins' is being used a lot. so maybe that means investment, or a stadium, or something following on from this. if that happened, would people be slagging of the over-hyped campaign then

also, the www.wearelatics.co.uk website is down now... anyone else got this?

I registered on this forum a while back - been keeping an eye on this topic as the countdown, as i'm sure it did everyone else got me thinking what it could be.

Had a giggle every now and again over the last month or so reading over various topics what it is, could be, or just what people want it to be.

If I may, here is my conclusion:

Yes the countdown may of been a bit over the top for the release of a new crest & kit, BUT maybe only because a lot of people set their hopes too high and where always going to be in for a fall , can we really blame the club for this? personally I don't think so.

Latics fans complain that the club doesn't market itself enough, or in a good way. Again I think the countdown may not of been right for this 'event' but it did what the club wanted, it got people talking, look at the size of this topic, and this isn't the only one. But people are still complaining even when the club puts together a marketing campaign for something!

In my opinion the new crest wasn't necessarily needed at this time, but I do like it and is a satisfactory replacement for the old one, which to be fair after 27 (or so) years was looking a little tired. The new badge brings the club up to date. No its not to everybodies taste, no its not perfect, at the end of the day its a badge! Not everyone is going to like the change (especially Oldham fans, seem very scared of change at times) but the team still remains the same does it not? We will still be going down to Boundary Park to cheer on Oldham Athletic will we not?

I think some people on this board need a reality check with comments like "I won't be buying anything else whilst that crest is on it" its still Latics! just with a face lift!

Do you think that a new badge would of gone down with this kind of reaction if we where top of the league? or even guaranteed a play off place? i'm not too sure?!

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I have enjoyed reading them all too! Just wanted my two-penneth!

:grin:

support oldham for the club and the team, not the badge, does that really matter?

i think the whole 'evolution' isn't just a new badge though, especially as the word 'begins' is being used a lot. so maybe that means investment, or a stadium, or something following on from this. if that happened, would people be slagging of the over-hyped campaign then

also, the www.wearelatics.co.uk website is down now... anyone else got this?

site is still there for me mate?!

and agree totally with your comments!!

I registered on this forum a while back - been keeping an eye on this topic as the countdown, as i'm sure it did everyone else got me thinking what it could be.

Had a giggle every now and again over the last month or so reading over various topics what it is, could be, or just what people want it to be.

Yes the countdown may of been a bit over the top for the release of a new crest & kit, BUT maybe only because a lot of people set their hopes too high and where always going to be in for a fall , can we really blame the club for this? personally I don't think so.

Latics fans complain that the club doesn't market itself enough, or in a good way. Again I think the countdown may not of been right for this 'event' but it did what the club wanted, it got people talking, look at the size of this topic, and this isn't the only one. But people are still complaining even when the club puts together a marketing campaign for something!

In my opinion the new crest wasn't necessarily needed at this time, but I do like it and is a satisfactory replacement for the old one, which to be fair after 27 (or so) years was looking a little tired. The new badge brings the club up to date. No its not to everybodies taste, no its not perfect, at the end of the day its a badge! Not everyone is going to like the change (especially Oldham fans, seem very scared of change at times) but the team still remains the same does it not? We will still be going down to Boundary Park to cheer on Oldham Athletic will we not?

I think some people on this board need a reality check with comments like "I won't be buying anything else whilst that crest is on it" its still Latics! just with a face lift!

Do you think that a new badge would of gone down with this kind of reaction if we where top of the league? or even guaranteed a play off place? i'm not too sure?!

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I have enjoyed reading them all too! Just wanted my two-penneth!

You should post more often

Yes the countdown may of been a bit over the top for the release of a new crest & kit, BUT maybe only because a lot of people set their hopes too high and where always going to be in for a fall...

Glad someone else has noticed that when a badge is not a badge it's a 'crest' and you are certainly correct that many are crest-fallen. :wink:

After a great day out in Nottingham recently, we toasted the victory in Castle Rock Brewery's Screech Owl strong I.P.A. Little did we know the beer's logo would evolve into the Latics crest, via Eden Design Solutions based in Oldham, and that there is a design and marketing agency called Eden based in......... Nottingham.

5585061810_41d9b172b9_o.pngSmall world eh?

If you think about it all Latics did was set up a 'We Are Latics' webpage with a slogan and a countdown clock. The rest of it was fevered speculation from Latics fans!

Although I did lower my expectations I was still a tad disappointed, as I was hoping for just a little bit more. If Latics had announced a new kit manufacturer, rather than Carbrini, with a new first choice strip as well, I’d have been a little happier.

Nevertheless, I’m sure the club will conclude that this has been a successful marketing campaign. Whether it brings in more money to the club remains to be seen!

:latics:

After a great day out in Nottingham recently, we toasted the victory in Castle Rock Brewery's Screech Owl strong I.P.A. Little did we know the beer's logo would evolve into the Latics crest, via Eden Design Solutions based in Oldham, and that there is a design and marketing agency called Eden based in......... Nottingham.

5585061810_41d9b172b9_o.pngSmall world eh?

I prefer it to be honest.

is a new badge really a big change??

waste of time and money

It was done free and whose time was 'wasted'? Yours by waiting round an letting your expectations run wild, shame you probably expected Bill Gates to buy us, build out stadium and buy the barcelona squad.

I do think the new badge looks a little amateur. I'm not sure a 6 year old could come up with it but it could be from a 16 year old's GCSE project - looks like its been cobbled together in paintshop.

Its better woven on the kit though.

TBH if you look at other teams, a simpler looking crest is becoming the norm, think Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, scum. If something is easy on the eye that you recognise straight away you'll most likely remember it instead of having something intricate and overly detailed.

I like the crest and the new kit, and hope that it's a start of things to get better. New stadium announcement on 6th may, possible new backers etc. A whole change from the false dawns era we've been involved with that's included numerous stadium promises leading to let downs, broken challenges in the league when it was looking a possibiilty we could get promoted/in the play offs.

It's just a shame that the 'evolutuon' can't be spread out and help some fans of Oldham to evolve into open minded people with perspectives on what's important for/to a club.

TBH if you look at other teams, a simpler looking crest is becoming the norm, think Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, scum. If something is easy on the eye that you recognise straight away you'll most likely remember it instead of having something intricate and overly detailed.

I like the crest and the new kit, and hope that it's a start of things to get better. New stadium announcement on 6th may, possible new backers etc. A whole change from the false dawns era we've been involved with that's included numerous stadium promises leading to let downs, broken challenges in the league when it was looking a possibiilty we could get promoted/in the play offs.

It's just a shame that the 'evolutuon' can't be spread out and help some fans of Oldham to evolve into open minded people with perspectives on what's important for/to a club.

Hit the nail on the head there.

And where did you hear about a stadium announcement on may 6th?

I like the badge and I like the rebranding idea. The club has regressed since 1994 and whilst I'm not as naive to think a change in badge will improve our fortunes I hope it's one step in modernising the club that will ultimately see us move to a new stadium, creating new revenue streams so we can push into The Championship.

At least it's something different.

If you think about it all Latics did was set up a 'We Are Latics' webpage with a slogan and a countdown clock. The rest of it was fevered speculation from Latics fans!

Although I did lower my expectations I was still a tad disappointed, as I was hoping for just a little bit more. If Latics had announced a new kit manufacturer, rather than Carbrini, with a new first choice strip as well, I’d have been a little happier.

Nevertheless, I’m sure the club will conclude that this has been a successful marketing campaign. Whether it brings in more money to the club remains to be seen!

:latics:

My point exactly!

At first I thought the countdown was a bit OTT for the sake of a new crest and new kit. But it got the fans talking, nobody at Latics every said it was anything to do with a new ground, new owners or anything really! All the speculation came mainly from this message board. People on here only have themselves to blame for getting their hopes up.

End of the day the marketing campaign did as the club wanted. It got the interest of the fans.

I really hope the club use more 'interesting' campaigns like this for things in the future, hopefully though next time we wont set our sights too high on the outcome!

Hit the nail on the head there.

And where did you hear about a stadium announcement on may 6th?

I haven't, I just thought every post HAD to have something completely unfounded to keep peoples hopes/dreams built up

But if there there are developments in regards to the stadium, they won't be revealed until after the elections. Think whoever is in control, the council HAVE to help us out after their shambles of a presentation to the Charity commission last time around