Evolution - 27.04.2011

Maybe it's because the current club badge has existed throughout my lifetime so I don't know any different, but I wouldn't want it to change from what it is. It's quite distinctive. Also new badges that other clubs have designed recently have been rubbish imo so I worry that ours would be similarly bad.

+1 our badge is simple and you know it's oldham. if they changed it they'd only do it like spurs and just have the owl on a ball. there's no point in changing it anyway what's it going to do really. Hardy's said it's significant so i can't see it being a new shirt so something pointless like changing the name is probably true

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt the name change just a (rather bad) idea that floated around the club board when failsworth was on the agenda? I will drop my pants in beardy' dungeon if they would think about it when they dont even know where we are going to be playing year after next.

+1 our badge is simple and you know it's oldham. if they changed it they'd only do it like spurs and just have the owl on a ball. there's no point in changing it anyway what's it going to do really. Hardy's said it's significant so i can't see it being a new shirt so something pointless like changing the name is probably true

Could we do a (Leyton) Orient in reverse and drop the 'Oldham'? We would then be called Latics or Athletic? It could be seen as a proverbial 2 fingers to Oldham Council, and would also keep the option of moving outside the borough a possibility!

:latics:

Could we do a (Leyton) Orient in reverse and drop the 'Oldham'? We would then be called Latics or Athletic? It could be seen as a proverbial 2 fingers to Oldham Council, and would also keep the option of moving outside the borough a possibility!

It would be a proverbial 2 fingers to the majority of our fanbase aswell.

We/the club have no cash, no planning permission (other than at Boundary Park where houses are going up) and not enough foot fall through the club shop to negotiate a mega club saving deal with a new kit manufacturer.

With this in mind my guess (as are all the other's in this thread) is that the club must be morphing/changing in some way as that's what evolution suggests. So it's a new identity/club badge/branding for me.

The Club's decision to market itself as 'We Are Latics' already shows two fingers to Wigan, who copied OAFC's nickname, but missed the point comnpletely by using 'the' in front of 'Latics'. The point being that, Oldhamers abbreviated 'Athletic' to 'Latics', not 'the Latics' because then the Club would be 'Oldham the Latics'. I go to watch Latics, not the Latics.

The logical step is to help the numpties and pundits, who call OAFC 'the Latics', by evolving the Club's name into........

Oldham Latics.

That would then be the cherry on the cake, by making a unique football Club truly distinctive. The name on the badge would have to change, but the owl on the ball must be kept as part of it, maybe with the owl wearing shades to reflect such a cool Club. B)

The Club's decision to market itself as 'We Are Latics' already shows two fingers to Wigan, who copied OAFC's nickname, but missed the point comnpletely by using 'the' in front of 'Latics'. The point being that, Oldhamers abbreviated 'Athletic' to 'Latics', not 'the Latics' because then the Club would be 'Oldham the Latics'. I go to watch Latics, not the Latics.

The logical step is to help the numpties and pundits, who call OAFC 'the Latics', by evolving the Club's name into........

Oldham Latics.

That would then be the cherry on the cake, by making a unique football Club truly distinctive. The name on the badge would have to change, but the owl on the ball must be kept as part of it, maybe with the owl wearing shades to reflect such a cool Club. B)

That's all very interesting, but 'Oldham Latics' is an awful name. :lol:

We/the club have no cash, no planning permission (other than at Boundary Park where houses are going up) and not enough foot fall through the club shop to negotiate a mega club saving deal with a new kit manufacturer.

With this in mind my guess (as are all the other's in this thread) is that the club must be morphing/changing in some way as that's what evolution suggests. So it's a new identity/club badge/branding for me.

A new kit would come as part of that