'Were giving it back'

I have thought about this a bit and this is an appeal to all fans of the club

The club offered us a deal to save money (early discount) on season tickets my idea is if we sold £2,000 season tickets so far we all made a saving how about we all give back £5 each from the saving me made if the club would use it as funds like playershare to give PD a transfer kitty???

Just £8 each from 2,000 people would give us 16,000 that we could use too improve the squad!

At the end of the day we all love our club and want to see them do well its just a thought i know that £16,000 aint a lot but then neither is £8 each

I have asked the club to thinking about this on the website and the Chron running an article in the paper, i am not a season ticket holder as i live in the south west and travel up to as many games as possible for me it would not be an option as i miss too many midweek games

Question is would you all be in?????? Our way of giving back to the club

I must stress the club are not asking for this and would purely but optional chance for us to raise money

Anyone wishing to donate should send the money directly to the club quoting 'WERE GIVING IT BACK'

KTF

Many thanks for reading, i would start the ball rolling with £10 donation

Dean

I have thought about this a bit and this is an appeal to all fans of the club

The club offered us a deal to save money (early discount) on season tickets my idea is if we sold £2,000 season tickets so far we all made a saving how about we all give back £5 each from the saving me made if the club would use it as funds like playershare to give PD a transfer kitty???

Just £8 each from 2,000 people would give us 16,000 that we could use too improve the squad!

At the end of the day we all love our club and want to see them do well its just a thought i know that £16,000 aint a lot but then neither is £8 each

I have asked the club to thinking about this on the website and the Chron running an article in the paper, i am not a season ticket holder as i live in the south west and travel up to as many games as possible for me it would not be an option as i miss too many midweek games

Question is would you all be in?????? Our way of giving back to the club

I must stress the club are not asking for this and would purely but optional chance for us to raise money

Anyone wishing to donate should send the money directly to the club quoting 'WERE GIVING IT BACK'

KTF

Many thanks for reading, i would start the ball rolling with £10 donation

Dean

Great idea but i'm out, the club gets enough from me. 3 season tickets, at LEAST 3 new shirts a year, BB memberships, player share, programmes, strike it lucky etc…. the club needs to learn to help itself instead of squeezing the faithful 3,000 all the time.

I like your sentiment but it's a no from me...

Edited by oafcprozac

Great idea but i'm out, the club gets enough from me. 3 season tickets, at LEAST 3 new shirts a year, BB memberships, player share, programmes, strike it lucky etc…. the club needs to learn to help itself instead of squeezing the faithful 3,000 all the time.

I like your sentiment but it's a no from me...

An example of last season

£353 on St's

1 Boundary Blues Membership -£10

H & A shirts for me and my son, H for my daughter) £200

£24 on Strike it Lucky Tickets

£70 on Home Programmes

£375 on hospitality suite

About £100 over the season in the club shop, pump bags, water bottles, pencil cases, lunch bags etc, etc..chaddy the owl teddies, mugs etc, Stickers...

And my weekly donation to Player Share

Total in the region of £1,200

And tbh that's a frugal season….

And that's before I add up the cost of away games - I know the club doesn't benefit financially but they benefit from my pissed up singing and support….

Edited by oafcprozac

Yeah its very similar to player share but just a one off payment idea, the club gave us savings of for instance £50 on a season ticket and we could give back 10% of that each perhaps say £5

As say totally optional and hopefully could raised a few Bob

If we rasied say £1,000 which is 50p each from the 2,000 season ticket holders who made the discount saving then i will donate a further £100

I did think about calling the campagin 'feed the dick' but didnt seem quite right lol

We dont have a game until July now so for the cost of what we would have spent on 1 pie, 1 pint, 1 programme which we wont buy for at least 6 weeks we could help the gaffer improve the playing squad, times are hard and i apprecaite that we have to save i just want to see us have the best team we can. I travel 240 mile round trip every other week to watch latics so £100 would just be what i would save tbh

Thanks for taking the time to read

Edited by laticdickovarmy

An example of last season

£353 on St's

1 Boundary Blues Membership -£10

H & A shirts for me and my son, H for my daughter) £200

£24 on Strike it Lucky Tickets

£70 on Home Programmes

£375 on hospitality suite

About £100 over the season in the club shop, pump bags, water bottles, pencil cases, lunch bags etc, etc..chaddy the owl teddies, mugs etc, Stickers...

And my weekly donation to Player Share

Total in the region of £1,200

And tbh that's a frugal season….

And that's before I add up the cost of away games - I know the club doesn't benefit financially but they benefit from my pissed up singing and support….

:lol: I love that someone has given you a negative 'rep' point for this post. How dare you not give the club every spare penny of the money you earn, enough is NEVER enough! Part time supporter ^^

A fine idea - perhaps those who want to join in should send their funds to PlayerShare.

Standing orders or one-off payments to:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

And remember to shop online via the PlayerShare WebShop.

Vodafone have just been added and pay up to £90 for a contract, including £45 for a SIM only deal.

Thats fine im happy as money goes to club either way

If u send the money under 'were giving it back' Alan Hardy has agreed to give me the figures so that i can donate an extra £100 for each £1000 raised he is feeding back to me every 2 weeks and i hope to have a final figure 1 week prior to start of season :)

Like the idea.

Playershare accepts all donations whether a one of a regular input.

Will it surprise anyone if I said there are only aprox 60 regular monthly contributors to the scheme?

Even from our small but mighty following that's not so gooddisappointed.gif

So when your moaning about the product on the pitch, think about how about £1.00 a week can make it better?

Does anyone know how much playershare rasies per a month approx? Does this month get delivered to the club each month?

Thanks Underdog for the support, will u donate a one of payment? How about we get together and try and raise £3,000 extra in the playershare account through this idea if not?

I work in marketing and i am trying to expose any contacts to get on board with some free blagged exposure!!!

Your e mail was passed to me from Alan Hardy this morning and it may have been helpful if we had been able to talk about your idea from the outset. Thank you for the initiative that you want to implement but I think we need to be careful that we do not have too many scheme running in parallel to each other. I am not sure how much you know about Playershare but the scheme is administered by a number of Trust members and fans. We have nearly 60 members bringing in a total of approximately £750 per month. Our cash reserve was sufficient to pay for Cedric Evina's wages for a 5 month period at a time when the club was continuing to struggle and at a time when they may not have been able to keep the player over that period. The club nor its Directors make any decisions on the fund and it is solely for Paul Dickov to call upon the scheme if he feels we can help. A democratic process then follows to assess whether funds are sufficient to meet his wishes. Albeit slowly the scheme continues to grow and I am proud of those who contribute and also those who support the scheme who might not be able to give money during these difficult times. A number of people show their support by helping with events etc.

I cannot fault your enthusiasm and commitment but I would ask that monies are channeled through the scheme. I am sure that Mike Nuttall who does the accounts will always be able to tell you of any successes you have had with your appeal.

Please accept my thanks for your gesture and I wish you every success with this money raising venture.

At the moment I again appeal to fans to join because the more monthly income we generate means the manager can look at a monthly commitment with the sum available. Otherwise we are in a situation where funds need to grow before we can do anything really meaningful.

KTF

Barry

Your e mail was passed to me from Alan Hardy this morning and it may have been helpful if we had been able to talk about your idea from the outset. Thank you for the initiative that you want to implement but I think we need to be careful that we do not have too many scheme running in parallel to each other. I am not sure how much you know about Playershare but the scheme is administered by a number of Trust members and fans. We have nearly 60 members bringing in a total of approximately £750 per month. Our cash reserve was sufficient to pay for Cedric Evina's wages for a 5 month period at a time when the club was continuing to struggle and at a time when they may not have been able to keep the player over that period. The club nor its Directors make any decisions on the fund and it is solely for Paul Dickov to call upon the scheme if he feels we can help. A democratic process then follows to assess whether funds are sufficient to meet his wishes. Albeit slowly the scheme continues to grow and I am proud of those who contribute and also those who support the scheme who might not be able to give money during these difficult times. A number of people show their support by helping with events etc.

I cannot fault your enthusiasm and commitment but I would ask that monies are channeled through the scheme. I am sure that Mike Nuttall who does the accounts will always be able to tell you of any successes you have had with your appeal.

Please accept my thanks for your gesture and I wish you every success with this money raising venture.

At the moment I again appeal to fans to join because the more monthly income we generate means the manager can look at a monthly commitment with the sum available. Otherwise we are in a situation where funds need to grow before we can do anything really meaningful.

KTF

Barry

How dare you have a say about this Barry :lol:

I'm awaiting all the usual :censored: you get and negative responses whenever you post........!!!

Does anyone know how much playershare rasies per a month approx? Does this month get delivered to the club each month?

Thanks Underdog for the support, will u donate a one of payment? How about we get together and try and raise £3,000 extra in the playershare account through this idea if not?

I work in marketing and i am trying to expose any contacts to get on board with some free blagged exposure!!!

Dear latic, I am fairly new to it all myself. However here is a brief overview. It has been around for a number of years and I first heard about it last season TBH when I saw it re-launched on here. The money goes into an account (see opinions post) that has been set up and run seperately from OAFC. It is the fans money and we are committed that every penny remains in that account until the manager of OAFC approaches us for help to fund a player/pay is wage etc. Only the manager of OAFC can request help. As lags has said, its not for lightbulbs, or to pay the wages of others, its for players.

Last year, it was used to help keep Cedric Evina here until the end of the season. Quite straight forward, your pennies into £s, £'s into players. So you can say my £1.00 a week helps keep that player here.

Of course, we have to trust the manager choices on the players he wants to bring in. We also know as fans, how difficult it is going to be to get/keep the quality on the pitch.

I'll be honest, money is tight for us all and I'll admit, my contribution is only £5.00 a month. So. I am giving my time instead as I believe in this scheme, just like lags does. We are genuine fans/names to faces and you can approach us at any time.

With regards to current account status of the funds, take me anywhere is the man, of course the is confidentiality too. At the moment there are aprox 60 regular monthly contributors ranging £1.00 a month upwards. David Eyers is a recent signing too, with more faces to follow

everything transparent too and feedback on fans ideas every time. Volunteer Committee members so far are:

Wardlelatic - Rick (IT ideas and input from the club when necessary)

Take me anywhere - Mike (accounts/finances)

Barry Owen - Barry Owen (From the Trust and input from the club when necessary)

Underdog - Me tracy (secretary/meeting notes/sets next meeting agenda/goes to bar and gets the round in)

Lags - Craig (marketing ideas/promotions)

And another lady I have forgotten her name - DOH! but she is not on here.

We are hoping to recruit a couple more, Chill12 has also volunteered and I have asked if he can make the next meeting once and date, time, location has been set. Our meetings are in public places so if your around, fans can pop into see us too.

Don't forget - fundraiser is at the Rifle range pub sat 9th July at 7.00pm onwards - Race night...giddey up!!

Anything else just ask and thanks for the ideas, I am sure the club/player share trust will be in touch with you soon

Thank you, I think you are indeed correct to be honest I have never known what player share was but thank you for the description

Well having heard this I think we should just stay on the 1 scheme as mentioned

I have just seen that other thread and after I come back of holiday next month you will have another member I will set up a standing order and pledge to player share I think its an brilliant idea, to people knowledge are we the other club who do this???

A fine idea - perhaps those who want to join in should send their funds to PlayerShare.

Standing orders or one-off payments to:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

And remember to shop online via the PlayerShare WebShop.

Vodafone have just been added and pay up to £90 for a contract, including £45 for a SIM only deal.

Apologies in advance but is the Playershare Webshop similar to quidco?? Was just thinking that a quidco account could be set up with all claimed cashback going to playershare. But I guess this is already happening here?

Cheers

Can i just check I am going to donate to player share can I paypal funds to trustoldham2004@googlemail.com is this correct??

I dont want to set up a mandate as I will donate £50 some months and £5 others as I cant guarentee what funds I am going to have because of the job i have

Pretty sure I will be the only Arsenal fan donating! My affliation with the club started when I met my girlfriend who lived at the time in Oldham, the family are all Latics or City fans and still live in Failsworth but I now travel 240mile round trips on a regular basis and love Oldham what a would call a proper football club

Many Thanks

Apologies in advance but is the Playershare Webshop similar to quidco?? Was just thinking that a quidco account could be set up with all claimed cashback going to playershare. But I guess this is already happening here?

Cheers

It's the same concept as Quidco, although Quidco pay to the individual (you) not the cause (PlayerShare).

If you then choose to donate your Quidco earnings to PlayerShare, that's great. Use whichever works best for you. The PlayerShare WebShop cuts out the middleman, but there will be cases where Quidco pay more commission.

Can i just check I am going to donate to player share can I paypal funds to trustoldham2004@googlemail.com is this correct??

I dont want to set up a mandate as I will donate £50 some months and £5 others as I cant guarentee what funds I am going to have because of the job i have

Pretty sure I will be the only Arsenal fan donating! My affliation with the club started when I met my girlfriend who lived at the time in Oldham, the family are all Latics or City fans and still live in Failsworth but I now travel 240mile round trips on a regular basis and love Oldham what a would call a proper football club

Many Thanks

Call me suspicious but you your user name 'aint half similar to a banned poster off here and your grammatical mistakes are highly suspicious. If I'm wrong I apologise, but can't help feeling you're a plant….

If I am wrong, welcome to the board, if i'm not well….

Call me suspicious but you your user name 'aint half similar to a banned poster off here and your grammatical mistakes are highly suspicious. If I'm wrong I apologise, but can't help feeling you're a plant….

If I am wrong, welcome to the board, if i'm not well….

come on prozac this guy makes RA look like Einstein