Zander Diamond SSN

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this already when we were first linked with him - I watched a game he played in last season.

On that showing; I think he'll be a more than fine L1 CB. He did the basics well that you'd want from a CB; he won defensive headers, tackled well and got touch-tight as best he could to the ST....got rid and didn't mess about with the ball at his feet. He did though look very 1 paced, and quiet slow on the turn; which was exposed on more than one occassion.

If (if!) He's signing; then I think we've got a decent Hazell replacement.....but not a stand-out; just a 'par' replacement if you will.

Big lad though!!

We'll see what today brings; news wise eh?

I hope this isn't true - very very poor footballer. He reminds me of Guy Branston, full of mouth and absolutely nothing else with huge injury and discplinary problems. Would be a terrible signing, I genuinely hope he fails the medical.

Get off the fence and say what you think.

Aberdeen fans seem happy he's going - seems he started well and needs a change. Hopefully he re-discovers his previous form:

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=25645&pid=573486&st=0entry573486

What's more amusing is the Aberdeen fans describing Oldham as 'grim' and the level of football we are at.

SPL ain't exactly la liga, and Aberdeen ain't exactly Monte Carlo!

How bitter they are

"Hope it gets him back on the right foot and he has a decent career."

Sounds like theres a good player thats just lost his way a little bit.

If PD thinks he can get him back on the right track then that will do for me!

Decided to look up Dean Brill after seeing this andit says h's on trial at Toronto FC...

Fortunately he decided against going via New York on that ship that had difficulties with an iceberg...

Have to say they were an interesting bunch the ‘Dons fans. If anyone on this board thinks we have some negative moaners sat around our ground; then you want to go to Pittodrie & watch a game.

Every touch from most of the players is greeted with a ‘feeking this’ & ‘feeking that’..... then they go absolutely mental when said player finds the back of the net. Weird; fickle lot. I wouldn’t read much into what is being said about Diamond on their boards; they post on there as they “support” on a match day. Think the only player to escape the vitriol (mostly) was Rory McArdle the ex ‘Dale player......all the others; Zander Diamond, Chris McGuire, Darren Mackie, Our own Scott Vernon.....dogs abuse for most of the game. Lovely set of fans all in all. Funny to be amongst it though with no ties to the side; an interesting 90mins put it that way.

if he signs ill go off the fact he was an ever present and captain (at one point) at Aberdeen

and his performances almost get him a bigger move to Hearts

if he has still got discipline problems he wont last long with PD and GT and even Corney for that matter

you cant argue with his appearance record and his Scotland u21 caps, could be a very astute signing by Dickov this

Interesting it's been mentioned on SSN. Ususally Latics go out of there way to protect the identity of targets. I just wonder if it's his agent perhaps who has leaked this to SSN to alert other clubs he is about to sign for us to try and get someone to come in for him at the last minute.

It could well have been his agent, but because he is coming from Scotland it means that there is more paperwork so could have come out that way. We need paperwork with FIFA, FA and SFA because he will be registered in Scotland which may also explain the hold up.

Mendi AKA RoyleArmy, IBBY, FearsomePark plus many, many more probably.

The finest purveyor of football messageboard based bollocks on the planet :wink:

ahh rite, cheers dude....still confused what he has to do with Wikipedia, but least i know what it means.

looking forward to the "now then 'Zander' ..... this is Dean who used to play for Rangers, but is now your captain - have you anything you want to say to him" conversation.

bit worried he didn't get a contract at Hearts due to failing a medical

It'll be reet, Furman ain't a Proddy.