Zander Diamond

Given his good start to his Latics career during pre-season and what on the outset looks a good partnership with Jean and the rest of the defence, should Latics be already looking to secure his services beyond the current 12 months deal?. Does anyone know whether both parties or Latics alone have a further 12 months option? there are very few 12 months only deals struck. I also like his attitude in LW interviews. Lets hope this move helps him re-establish his form and standing.

Edited by Lags

I would give him till about November which I think we should do with Smith , lets see how their fitness (and ability) holds up in competitve games. I think Zander has a 12 month deal as his injury record is poor

Sure smith got a 2 year deal?

Given his good start to his Latics career during pre-season and what on the outset looks a good partnership with Jean and the rest of the defence, should Latics be already looking to secure his services beyond the current 12 months deal?. Does anyone know whether both parties or Latics alone have a further 12 months option? there are very few 12 months only deals struck. I also like his attitude in LW interviews. Lets hope this move helps him re-establish his form and standing.

No. Nothing to gain but plenty to lose - don't get precious but it's not one of your brighter ideas.

Let's get Taylor and Furman on new deals before we think about anyone else.

No. Nothing to gain but plenty to lose - don't get precious but it's not one of your brighter ideas.

As if I would Delfer. I asked for opinion on Zander, and you've duly given yours. Though I never asked for the opinion on my idea's I'll except you felt the need to express it. More than likely a left over from some dark and distant past.

As if I would Delfer. I asked for opinion on Zander, and you've duly given yours. Though I never asked for the opinion on my idea's I'll except you felt the need to express it. More than likely a left over from some dark and distant past.

I think you meant "accept"?

I think you meant "accept"?

And your point is? you know what I meant. Please accept my apology for my poor spelling, it's something I've had to carry all my life. Or should I say Grammer.

Edited by Lags

And your point is? you know what I meant. Please accept my apology for my poor spelling, it's something I've had to carry all my life. Or should I say Grammer.

Now come on, you said you weren't going to get precious! On a serious note it was a daft idea - imagine if it all goes tits up in November and he's on a 2 year contract?

Am not. Far from. Yet on the other hand he could turn out to be a class act being part of a defence that keeps more clean sheets than not (aka the pre season games) and a free agent to all coming admirers. That would be a real daft idea. About as daft as allowing some sort of history cloud any post from the start. Oh have I just been precious?

Am not. Far from. Yet on the other hand he could turn out to be a class act being part of a defence that keeps more clean sheets than not (aka the pre season games) and a free agent to all coming admirers. That would be a real daft idea. About as daft as allowing some sort of history cloud any post from the start. Oh have I just been precious?

Far far too risky

Far far too risky

And that is why I was asking for opinons. You know to guage the general consensus.

What I will say without fear of contradiction that in the meaningless pre-season games Diamond has impressed most Latics fans who have expressed an opinion to me. So time will tell Delfer. Shame you've not got your rise, better luck next time.