Zander Diamond

Did wonder if anything had gone on myself. I think he got taken off cos Dickov couldn't risk him getting a red card after half time with such a lack of cover for any other games. Probably felt Stevenage weren't too strong to not be able to risk taking him off. If he was injured he wouldn't of started IMO

Edited by no1laticsfan

he picked up an injury in training. Dickov played him cos Diamond is one of those players that will play through it whilst other players wont. My guess is that at half time it was felt it unwise to carry on and risk greater injury. I'll admit it doesn't sound as good has your theory but in yours he didn't carry an injury!!

he picked up an injury in training. Dickov played him cos Diamond is one of those players that will play through it whilst other players wont. My guess is that at half time it was felt it unwise to carry on and risk greater injury. I'll admit it doesn't sound as good has your theory but in yours he didn't carry an injury!!

Fair does I did wonder at HT why we had taken him off as he didnt seem obviously injured.