warne out

Boys...

I think we have to all accept that there will be massive changes next season..... Shez inherited a side, he did not build it... and his true colours will be shown next year. I think this years performances will be relatively irrelevant, as shez knows what teams he wants to build, and if the players dont fit in, I feel they will be out... no matter who they are...

I am not saying warney will stay or go... he is a true legend, however, i wouldnt be surprised if he did... I think he will be nothing more than a sqaud player no matter if he stays...

Hers a thought for you though.... slightly controvertial possibly... Ports is gonna go.... £500k compensation no matter what.... from what I have seen Eardley is talented but no where near the finished article... and i reckon we could get £750k for him.... and get easily a good enough replacement for free...

That would gve shez over a mil to spend ona new striker and a winger.... I for one would love to see him getb that sort of cash to paly with...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£500k compensation no matter what.... from what I have seen Eardley is talented but no where near the finished article... and i reckon we could get £750k for him.... and get easily a good enough replacement for free...

That would gve shez over a mil to spend ona new striker and a winger.... I for one would love to see him getb that sort of cash to paly with...

If you seriously think that Shez would get the full amount for his war chest you're living in a dream world.

If it is true about the warnster then we should endevour to make him player of the year. Most of us think it anyway, lets make sure it happens....

I think alot of the who stays and who goes may to a certain extent be out of our hands as quite a few of the regular first team players are out of contract this summer.

This includes Wellens and Porter who I feel if we dont go up will maybe looking for offers from Championship clubs so we may have a difficult job to keep them in League 1 anyway.

I still feel Warney should/will get another 12 month deal even if he was only a squad player next season, I think he would be a very useful player to have on the bench.

Things are looking good for the future ... but only if things are managed by the club / management team correctly.

Mark, your point is spot on...

This season was effectively still the end of the Moore fall out... we now have to start building a side in the shape of shez... time for the dead wood to leave, and players who want to play for a bright young manager to come in... also, players wanna come to a club who has a future, you tellin me a player wouldnt want to come to us when we show em the new stadium plans... good management, stylish footie etc...

This season is a bonus.... bring on the next.... Shez will give Richie a big contract and build a team around him... the only players I truly see at the club next season are Richie, Gregan, Chrissy and Stammy.... the rest are dubious...

I love them all to bits but it is time for the Sheridan era...

I have to say though... this is the seaosn to go op... next season is gonna be a much stronger league 1.... Possibility of Leeds, Forest, Blackpool, Swansea, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Tranmere in it... all with expectancy of promotion.... plus the relegated sides...

He was offered a new contract but turned it down. He was offered the same money as he is on now but he wants more. He is nearing the end of his career and if he can get more money elsewhere then good luck to him. If we do end up going up i can't see him being in the first 11 though which is not what he will want at this stage of his career

IMO Warney deserves ar LEAST another twelve month contract , he gives 110% and you cannot ask more !

Guest oa_exile
He was offered a new contract but turned it down. He was offered the same money as he is on now but he wants more. He is nearing the end of his career and if he can get more money elsewhere then good luck to him. If we do end up going up i can't see him being in the first 11 though which is not what he will want at this stage of his career

The situation on contracts will all be revealed as soon as

If we do end up going up

Shez aleady will know who is good enough for Division 1 and who is not good enough for the Championship.

Example : Glombard in for Warney , Glombard will demand a bigger salary than Warney , would Glombard be happy to play Div 1 football ? ........Warney would if he could get a Salary increase.

Money also will be tight and Shez will have a salary cap from the TTA to work with.

Guest sheridans_world
Money also will be tight and Shez will have a salary cap from the TTA to work with.

It has been stated somewhere (cant remeber where) that Shez has had £500k less this season compared to Moore last season. I would like to think he would have more than that available to him now....

People are saying Shez wants to buy Glombard (I hope not) and I dont know why as he hasn't been starting if both Warne and Porter are fit.

He certainly isn't good enough for the Chanpionship and I doubt if he is good enough for us in League 1.

He certainly hasn't convinced me from what I've seen of him and I think there must be much better options than him available this summer as alot of players contracts run out at various clubs.

Guest oa_exile
It has been stated somewhere (cant remeber where) that Shez has had £500k less this season compared to Moore last season. I would like to think he would have more than that available to him now....

Let me take you back.........Season ticket sales :wink:

People are saying Shez wants to buy Glombard (I hope not) and I dont know why as he hasn't been starting if both Warne and Porter are fit.

He certainly isn't good enough for the Chanpionship and I doubt if he is good enough for us in League 1.

He certainly hasn't convinced me from what I've seen of him and I think there must be much better options than him available this summer as alot of players contracts run out at various clubs.

He looks ok coming on off the bench but i wouldn't like him to be one of our main strikers next season. He is quick, has some skill and can get past people but his finishing and passing isn't very good, possibly another JJ. I wouldn't mind Wayne Andews coming back next season if Porter is still here i think them two would be an excellent pair up front.

He looks ok coming on off the bench but i wouldn't like him to be one of our main strikers next season. He is quick, has some skill and can get past people but his finishing and passing isn't very good, possibly another JJ. I wouldn't mind Wayne Andews coming back next season if Porter is still here i think them two would be an excellent pair up front.

Good call on Wayne Andrews, I would much prefer him to Glombard or JJ, especially as you say if Porter stays. He would give us some very much needed pace up front and I guess could well be available with Bristol City going up.

Edited by Hometownclub

I can't believe we'd let Warne leave after the season he's had. If we don't go up he will easily be good enough to start most games next season. If we do then he deserves a place in the squad. The need for more pace is clear but you can't let someone that committed leave. How much extra cash can he have been asking for?

Wayne Andrews is an interesting one, would love to see him back in a blue shirt and I think Glombard could do a good job too if we don't go up.

Guest sheridans_world
Let me take you back.........Season ticket sales :wink:

We had to pay: Moore, Breckin, Butcher, Branston and Forbes off. Reckon when all those (plus others i cant remeber) are added up there is your £500k...

I can't believe we'd let Warne leave after the season he's had. If we don't go up he will easily be good enough to start most games next season. If we do then he deserves a place in the squad. The need for more pace is clear but you can't let someone that committed leave. How much extra cash can he have been asking for?

An extra 50% i believe. Don't ask don't get i suppose. He may still sign. It's difficult for both the players and the club at the moment as we don't know what league we will be playing in or how much money there will be. In a couple of weeks this will all become clear and then we can start concentrating on what happens next season. I think for now they need to concentrate on next weekend at Blackpool.

How much is Warne on now? If he's on high wages as it is, Sheridan may want to cut the wage bill, and a 34-year-old with a relatively low scoring record (let's face it - nine league goals this season and no goals since February) may be a prime candidate in that situation.

I'm not sure why so many would be surprised - Warne himself said earlier in the season that he knew he wasn't first choice, so it seems Sheridan has always wanted an alternative but had no real grounds to pay Warne off before the end of his contract.

Paul Warne has been a tireless, hard-working grafter who deservedly earned respect, but as has already been said, if we're looking for a step up on a limited budget - and to improve our cutting edge, assuming either that Porter leaves or that we'd be idiots to rely on him for all of our goals - I don't see Warne as the answer.

How much is Warne on now? If he's on high wages as it is, Sheridan may want to cut the wage bill, and a 34-year-old with a relatively low scoring record (let's face it - nine league goals this season and no goals since February) may be a prime candidate in that situation.

I'm not sure why so many would be surprised - Warne himself said earlier in the season that he knew he wasn't first choice, so it seems Sheridan has always wanted an alternative but had no real grounds to pay Warne off before the end of his contract.

Paul Warne has been a tireless, hard-working grafter who deservedly earned respect, but as has already been said, if we're looking for a step up on a limited budget - and to improve our cutting edge, assuming either that Porter leaves or that we'd be idiots to rely on him for all of our goals - I don't see Warne as the answer.

Warney was one of those released from their contract by Rotherham when they were reducing their wage bill following relegation from The Championship. There is no way that Warne; Swailes and Scott would have taken a pay-cut to move and so I should think that he would be on a fair whack.

Thankfully, we have got our moneyworth out of this Ronnie Old-Boy.

I'll be very sad to see him go but I think the writing is on the wall.

Guest oa_exile
Thankfully, we have got our moneyworth out of this Ronnie Old-Boy.

I'll be very sad to see him go but I think the writing is on the wall.

That translates to I_C looking forward to a younger WAG coming in next year :grin:

Guest oa_exile
LOL. Mrs Warne is a nice lady but she's not really in the Michelle/ Glombard/ Aljofree class! :D

If Will gets the push you wont be "LOL" then will ya :huh:

If Will gets the push you wont be "LOL" then will ya :huh:

I'l be LOLLING on the other side of my face then I suppose.

The one thing with footballers though is that they do tend to attract good looking ladies so I'm sure Shez won't let me down with the replacements!

I'll miss Mrs Warne though and their two kids. They are there week in week out and when Paul waves to them, it makes me feel good. They seem like a lovely family.

he is bein released at end of season just found out 2day. sad times

Warnies been amazing this season. If only the other outfield players had his enthusiasm and workrate then we'd already be promoted. However all good things come to an end and he would perhaps be less effective next season in the CHAMIONSHIP!!!!

Joking apart I think we need to change it for next season as we're not going to make a challenge with the current squad. We definitely need a quality striker, two if Porter leaves, and another midfielder to play with Wellens. At the back we've got a mix of youth and experience but you need pace in this division and with Gregan, Charlton, and Haining we are definitely lacking in that department. I would stick with Gregan and make him captain playing alongside Stam. Perhaps the time has come to let Haining go as I think he has gone a bit stale. Shezza will know who he wants wether we are promoted or not and I have total faith in his ability as a manager.

If Warne does go then we should thank him for his efforts and move on. He has been a credit to his profession and deserves to be named 'Player of the year' by a country mile' What a tremendous example he has been to all the youngsters at this club.

"Thanks Warnie" your the one signing that Ronnie Moore got right!!!!!

Guest M_OAFC
he is bein released at end of season just found out 2day. sad times

Even if Sheridan does intend to release him at the end of the season there is absolutely no way on earth he will have told anybody about it in the middle of a play-off campaign that Warne is playing in!!!

Sounds like utter :toilet: to me.

Edited by oa_exile
Bad Language