New signings

So we're hearing rumours of Will and Warney being shown the door......

IF we do thrash the lashers on saturday and eventually make it to the championship who would you like to see us sign? Within reason of course, he may be a cheating little turd but i know we'd all love to see ronaldo at boundary park, but i mean realistically

Heres a contraversial one for ya.... I know he was a hero but IMHO i dont think Wellens has done much in the last few months, and we all seem to to agree he couldnt play in the same team as Killkeny so how about losing one for the other, KK got age on his side.......

Blaney for Pogs?

Stam for Gregan?

One of the free scoring youth team for Porter if he goes?

Hoolahoop, Constantine?

Leave it with ya.......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a couple of realistic people... all of whom are out of contract....

Karl Hawley... from carlisle

Darren Byfield... from Millwall

Tom Williams... from Swansea

Would have all in a second.... I would also look at Thronton.... he is a class player if Shez can keep him under wraps.... be great on the right wing.... but by all accounts he is a to$$er...

Another player, i would be inclined to BRING BACK... is Scotty Vernon.... dont think he ahs a future at blackpool up or down.... of the promoted teams (if we dont go up too of course!) I would also pay close attention to bristol City... from what I hear down here.. they may be a few players I'd like to see in blue that come available.... Cole Skuse & Steve Brooker are two possibly on the way out... not to mention wayno andrews... would also look at forest... Grant Holt is never the favourite son... and think they might let agogo go too....

half the players in the division are out of contract - should be interesting

I think Constantine would be a good signing for us, but there a few other clubs interested inc Burnley so if we don't go up i doubt he will sign for us.

Porter might end up staying, the problems with his knee will limit his options as i hear he will struggle to pass a medical.

Warne has been offered a contract but turned it down, hope he ends up staying though

I would like to see Stam stay and get a place in the first 11, i think he will go though if he isn't guaranteed a starting place but with his injury record is it worth the risk in possibly loosing Haining and then Stam getting injured again?

If we don't go up that could see Wellens go and try his luck in the Championship. I would love him to stay though. If he does go i wouldn't mind Spicer from Burnley given a try or perhaps Cwkya or however you spell his name who we had on loan from Wigan.

If we don't go up that could also see us cash in on Taylor and Eardley, we have cover at right back with Lomax but i would like another left winger.

A left back would also be useful as cover for Charlton

We also have a lot of good kids coming through and i would like to see more of Wolfenden next season. But as we have learnt this season we need a player like Duxbury in the team, a good captain and fantastic leader

So we're hearing rumours of Will and Warney being shown the door......

IF we do thrash the lashers on saturday and eventually make it to the championship who would you like to see us sign? Within reason of course, he may be a cheating little turd but i know we'd all love to see ronaldo at boundary park, but i mean realistically

Heres a contraversial one for ya.... I know he was a hero but IMHO i dont think Wellens has done much in the last few months, and we all seem to to agree he couldnt play in the same team as Killkeny so how about losing one for the other, KK got age on his side.......

Blaney for Pogs?

Stam for Gregan?

One of the free scoring youth team for Porter if he goes?

Hoolahoop, Constantine?

Leave it with ya.......

I heard Hawley was a target for Gretna.

Byfield we looked at last year. Still scoring and hasn't he lost the Mrs now? She was the "pop" star who said she'd leave him if he went up north. Could be worth a look definitely.

Wasn't there also rumours about Brooker not being right since the stint in prison earlier this season.

I know Shez said we'd need a few players if we went up but regardless of where we are I think we'll need a keeper or two, maybe two defenders, probably a midfielder and two strikers. Although all that is dependant on who we give deals to, who signs them and who walks away.

Edit to say Spicer is a top shout.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

One player I really do like the look of is Chris Shuker at Tranmere, I dont know about his current contract arrangements though.

agreed - would love to see him here.. but has another year on his contract, and the hoofmeister will not give up his one creative player (a la wellens) easily....

We also have a lot of good kids coming through and i would like to see more of Wolfenden next season.

Totally agree with the kids thing. If we do go up we'll need some new signings. If we dont (god forbid) maybe getting rid of some of the older end and restructuring around the better of the kids that you see as the future team would be the way forward. I'm not comparing our youthies to Beckham, Neville and the likes but it worked for Manure....

If we do go up..... Constantine. We need a real tough tackling midfielder too, wonder if Muzza would come back.......

If we do go up..... Constantine. We need a real tough tackling midfielder too, wonder if Muzza would come back.......

agreed, but muzza is past it... he was released by carlisle for a reason... Cole Skuse from Bristol would be my choice.... another good side to raid would be yeovil.... theyhave some decent players who must know they are not gonna have another season like this and would be looking to move on...

Two cracking wingers...

Grant in net. Sorted :wink:

Gary Alexander from Orient and the lad Nicky Bailey from Barnet - a mustard full back, beats players for fun and a mustard shot! And push the boat out and beg Lee Grant to come back, we need a consistent keeper and he'd be the one imo! If Wellens goes perhaps happen Thornton released by Donny a deal as I thought he had a great game at BP even though we beat them 4-0!

Anyone reckon that Odejayi from Cheltenham is worth a look?

Big battering ram of a striker. Under contract with Cheltenham but was their top scorer with 15 goals.

what was the reason donny let him go

I suspect it might have been his mouth getting him in bother again.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Most Donny fans have never rated him and reckoned he was just show-pony. They were wanting rid last season by all accounts.

From what i know of donny, they have a lot of very large ego's in that dressing room.... heffernan for one has to be th biggest fish in any pond he is in... one of the main reason why they cant play as a team...

I have a feeling thornton prob got pushed out in that battle... and the mouth ran a little wild... he needs to be the lead player in any team.... so would be worth a shout if wellens goes... he is good enough, and sure Shez could get him playing every week...

Odejayi would be a shout... but he would be my 3rd striker... ie, stand in for ports...

Middlesborough have released Danny Graham and Malcolm Christie. Graham scored something like 8 goals in 14 appreances on loan at Carlisle and his wage demands probably wouldn't be too high. Christie might want a good few grand a week but then again he will be looking to restart his career after suffering more injuries than Killen and Porter put together. I think either of them could od a job for us.

Whatever happens I think we need a bit of a clear out, we look completely lacking in confidence at the mo and if, IF we don't beat the Lashers next weekend and then Forest in the final I think we might struggle next season if a few results go against us early on like they did this season. I don't think it would take much for the old doubts to surface.

Brentford and Hartlepool both got relegated the season after missing out on the playoffs, so I think freshening up the squad whatever happens would be a good idea.

Middlesborough have released Danny Graham and Malcolm Christie. Graham scored something like 8 goals in 14 appreances on loan at Carlisle and his wage demands probably wouldn't be too high. Christie might want a good few grand a week but then again he will be looking to restart his career after suffering more injuries than Killen and Porter put together. I think either of them could od a job for us.

Whatever happens I think we need a bit of a clear out, we look completely lacking in confidence at the mo and if, IF we don't beat the Lashers next weekend and then Forest in the final I think we might struggle next season if a few results go against us early on like they did this season. I don't think it would take much for the old doubts to surface.

Brentford and Hartlepool both got relegated the season after missing out on the playoffs, so I think freshening up the squad whatever happens would be a good idea.

Danny Graham is a good shout but i think we'll only get him if we go up. I think there will be a big clearout unnfortunately, this seems to be happeneing every summer, we need to get a settled squad.

Danny Graham is a good shout but i think we'll only get him if we go up. I think there will be a big clearout unnfortunately, this seems to be happeneing every summer, we need to get a settled squad.

never gonna happen till we get a settled manager... course there is gonna be a reshuffle.... this is going to be Shez's team...

Also never gonna happen with the contract regs.... now players have freedom to move the days of a setled squad - in the lower divisions, where alot of players are pretty similar, is over...

Think this is the start - whatever team we have at the start of next season will form the basis of Shez' thinking for the next 2 or 3 years...

We also have to play our parts, the playoff money will be very welcome, but also need to get those season tickets bought!

Guest sheridans_world
We also have to play our parts, the playoff money will be very welcome, but also need to get those season tickets bought!

Please sir!

Can we have the prices and application forms first?!

Edited by sheridans_world

Can you believe it that one week after the Season finishes

Lee Noble finds out why Porter as been getting bad knees !!!!

One of his legs is slightly longer than the other.... Hopefully a little instep in his boot will help his knees out ...

But will he stay to continue Nob's great treatment ???

Leg length discrepancy

It is not unusual for most people to have one leg longer than the other. As with joint malalignments, the effect of a leg length discrepancy from an injury perspective is the potential for a change in the forces going through muscles and joints. With a structural difference in leg length of at least 1.5 cm, it is not uncommon for the pelvis and spine to compensate for this difference.

Usually, the pelvis tilts sideways (laterally) since one side will naturally be higher than the other. In turn, this results in a lateral 'kink' in the spine known as a scoliosis. The same situation can also occur even if the legs are the same length because of poor posture. In this case, the habitual posture results in a relative shortening of certain muscles and a relative lengthening of others. This is known as a functional leg length discrepancy.

Again, such a biomechanical compensation because of a real or functional leg length discrepancy is not necessarily a problem. However, leg length discrepancies can alter the mechanics of the pelvis so that the normal stabilising and controlling action of specific muscles is altered. Excessive anterior and lateral tilt of the pelvis is associated with recurrent hamstring strains, lumbar and sacroiliac (lower back) problems and inflammation of muscles around the hip such as the tensor fascia lata.

If such altered biomechanics are identified as contributing to an overuse injury, a common approach is first to treat the injury then modify the mechanics through specific strengthening (of muscles that are weak) and stretching (of muscles that are restricting movement) exercises. Orthotics may be prescribed in certain instances.

Guest oa_exile

Aye , but it's upped the price tag as any buyer will now not be buying a crock :grin:

Can you believe it that one week after the Season finishes

Lee Noble finds out why Porter as been getting bad knees !!!!

One of his legs is slightly longer than the other.... Hopefully a little instep in his boot will help his knees out ...

Next Season, we should make sure that the pitch slopes from The Lookers down to The Main Stand. Porter will be able to outpace any defence then.

Mind, we'd have to take him off after 45 minutes as he'd be useless in the second half.