New signings

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA!

Genius... reason I'm a slow runner... my foot is buggered and it create's a slight posture problem, which makes my leg muscles not work correctly... Ports should have gone to my Physio, she spotted it after 35 minutes, and ironically lives about 5 minutes from Nobby's house! I'll send her round to show him where he's going wrong!

Guest oa_exile
heres a couple of realistic people... all of whom are out of contract....

Karl Hawley... from carlisle

I heard Hawley was a target for Gretna.

Duo snub Carlisle deals By Peter ORourke - Created on 12 May 2007

Carlisle have confirmed Karl Hawley and Peter Murphy have turned down new deals at the club.

As revealed by skyports.com on Friday Hawley and Murphy have rejected Carlisle's offer to extend their contracts.

The influential duo now look set to leave Brunton Park in the summer with a number of clubs believed to be chasing their signatures.

A club statement read: "We have been informed that neither Karl Hawley or Peter Murphy have accepted the substantially improved contract offers made by the club.

"The directors, and Carlisle United, wish to thank both players for their valuable and substantial contribution whilst playing here, and acknowledge that their efforts have greatly helped in the re-emergence of better times at Brunton Park."

There are still a few rotten eggs in the Bristol City basket apparently, their decent players who they let go will be for a reason. They've improved since Marcus Stewart left and forgot to return the keys to the scrumpy cupboard but I'd treat them with caution.

Hmm, Oldham in Championship/League One, or Gretna in the Scottish Premier - suspect he might choose the latter.

Graham is a good shout but I suspect he may head somewhere familiar. Christie could be a bad mistake - we've had our fair share of crocks lately, and I assume he wouldn't be on peanuts so I think he'd be too much of a risk.

I think evry team needs a few older pros. Helps keep the young lads heads screwed on. What i seem to have noticed at the moment though is ours are defenders. Greeeeegan and Charlie are seasoned pros that have played at a much higher level but when the legs are going having both in your back four can be disasterous. Look at the stalwarts we've had in the past.

Graeme Sharpe - one of the old first divisions best strikers when at everton - strong and could hold the ball up for an age to let others catch up.

Andy Ritchie - when he was on his way out the class still oozed out of him - cant buy talent like that in a kid, could never afford it.

Shezza - Lets face it, the guy was knackered but he could stay in the centre circle for a whole game putting his foot on the ball and spraying passes about. Coulda had his left foot nailed to the centre spot and would still have took the pish out of most of the midfielders that came near him!

David Eyres - genius - like ryan giggs' grandad!

Notice none of them are defenders?

Anyway, this brings me to my point..... If we need some older heads then lets look for midfielders or poss even a forward. Stam is a good as a replacement for Gregan as we'll find, he was awesome before his injury - head and shoulders above Haining. Edwards or even Aljofree would slot in for Charlie....... So who do we get? We need to be looking for ageing players at top 10 champoinship or low paying prem clubs. Malcolm Christie's name has already been bounded around. Anyone think of any more?

You know i heard that Robbie Fowler actually OWNS most of the terraced houses in Oldham and we've all heard that rumour about Scholes wanting to end his career in an blue shirt....... Keep the dream alive!!!!!!!!!!

Darryl Duffy - Hull City - Striker - Went on loan to Hartlepool at the start of the season. Scored 5 in 10. Recently been on loan at Swansea and scored 5 in 5. Has said this past week he'd like to make the move to Swansea permanant.

Guest sheridans_world

Just so you know, Glombard is on a free transfer.

Before we nip in there and sign him, just ask yourself why he is on a free transfer

I think he could do a job at this level, as a 3rd striker off the bench, but if we step up I wouldn't want to see him stay... nothing against the lad. Works hard, but with the ball at his feet his head goes down and his passing is almost non-existant.

What about Tommy Black. He has been released by Crystal Palace. When we played them in the worthless cup a few years ago he was absolutely outstanding and scored both goals. Surely he must stil be a good player.

I remember Tommy Black well he was a very good player at the time but that was a few years ago, I wouldn't know if he was still any good (haven't seen anything of him for a good while).

The only thing I would say is that not many teams release good players as even if they are out of favour they would still want a fee if they thought they could get one.

I think he could do a job at this level, as a 3rd striker off the bench, but if we step up I wouldn't want to see him stay... nothing against the lad. Works hard, but with the ball at his feet his head goes down and his passing is almost non-existant.

This is spot on - if he is available on a free, i'd have him.... the guy does have potential... just get the feeling he has been rather left to rot in the reserves for a couple of years and lost his sharpness...

Think he would be a great addition, if he knew he was part of our plans and get 1st team football... he would get sharper, and his touch would improve.... he has pace and power which is what we need... can see him becoming a Dean Sturridge/Darius vassell type striker....

Would say though, we do need two othe main strikers... think he will always be 2nd/3rd and will never be the main man!