Letters from Club in regards to Ticketmaster sales

Guest amoweb
we wouldn't have to queue for 4/5 hours...you get all the turnstiles open have your tickets there and away you go.

1 hour tops.the club won't have to print the tickets to order,its give your voucher+money-recieve your ticket.

have you seen how much they charge p+p too? add another £2 odd on top that will be an extra £4.80 on top of a £40 face value ticket.

and its not a problem of a beer less-its the principle of a ticket agency ripping the fans off.

25,000 latics fans x average £2 "service charge"=nice quick £50,000...not bad for a few days work eh.

are you stupid enough to use them for gigs too?

never used them-never needed to...

its ok when you're flush with cash innit?

This post has been edited by johnny punkster: Today, 15:10 PM

Johnny, don't insult me by calling me stupid :angry: for buying my tickets from Ticketmaster, it is a question of convenience and choice. Everything in life has a choice attached to it, if you want the tickets badly enough then pay the 7% and stop moaning about it, if don't them want them then don't pay it and watch it on Sky.

The choice is yours!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

And who said i wash flush with cash, i just do without something to enable me to get something else that i want.

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Wrong Person Quoted

Danger

New Track Layout Ahead

I hope I never get on your Tram!

i was waiting for that one ............. :lol: on our trams there is better things to worry about than where it's going..

we have a sort of on board computer thingy that does all that anyhow...

we just have to remember the right code......

Guest amoweb
touchy eh...

convienence?to some maybe-not others.

yes its your choice-its your money.

i don't have much choice.,,like you say-stump up,be fleeced or watch it on sky.

some choice eh.

my choice (because it will be my hard earned money)is to queue up and not be fleeced around £5...per ticket that is-NOT per booking...i would rather latics get my cash than some ticket agency racket.

being from ashton,it would suit you...cost of traveling to ground ,time etc.

what about fans who live within walking distance?

us oldies still walk y'know!

youngsters eh! :lol:

Johnny,

Being from ashton suits me very well as the ground is only ten minutes away, it suited me very well on Monday when i waS q'ing from 5am for Blackpool tickets, it has suited me very well when ever i have had to go and get tickets for an away game during the course of the season.

Im have no desire to get into a slanging match with you over this, the fact is this, THE CLUB HAVE DECIEDED TO USE TICKETMASTER TO SELL THE TICKETS FOR THEM, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO CHANGE IT SO WE JUST HAVE TO GET ON WITH IT. THE CHOICE NOW IS EITHER PAY THE 7% OR DONT ONLY YOU CAN DECIDED THAT.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS........

BRING ON THE LASHERS....................

KTF

Edited by amoweb

I've read on here people supposing that tickets will be on sale at BP in addition to Ticketmaster, and that ST holders will be limited to 4 tickets each. :mmm:

I don't know where this information has come from, :gossip: but the announcement on the official site only mentioned Ticketmaster for sales and made no mention of a limit on numbers. It said the Club's minimum allocation of tickets awould be 25,000.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1023472,00.html

The letter received from the Club today also only refers to sales through Ticketmaster and makes no mention of any limit on the number to be purchased.

Unless there is an announcement to the contrary, the assumption must be you have to use Ticketmaster exclusively and there is no limit on the number of tickets you can buy.

I presume now the Club has gone to the trouble of allocating each ST holder with a unique supporter ID number, rather than it be wasted if we don't get to Wembley, this method will be used in future for big match ticket sales.

Guest amoweb
i ain't having a slanging match.

i'm posting an opinion.

it differs from yours.

putting up with a situation we are being forced into isn't the way forward.

see you saturday mate!

:bblue2:

No Worries my friend, i shall be there cheering the boys on, then in the Manchester to watch the Dirty Reds get a beating.

Diego,

How nice to hear from you. The 4 tickets per ST holders was in the Chron last night where it also stated that there will be no ticket sales at BP.

KTF

MIDFIELDER Gary McDonald has been declared fit for Athletic’s play-off semi-final second leg at Blackpool.

McDonald suffered a bang on the cheek during Sunday’s first game and there were fears he may need X-rays, but the injury has settled down.

He will now aim to retain his place as Athletic try to overturn their 2-1 deficit and secure a day out against Yeovil or Nottingham Forest in the League One final at Wembley.

McDonald, the scorer of seven goals this season, has been a regular member of John Sheridan’s team, although Craig Rocastle also has claims to start the big match.

Club officials, meanwhile, say fans will have the “quick and easy” way to buy tickets if Athletic reach the play-off final.

The showpiece occasion, for which Athletic would receive an initial 25,000 seats, is on the following weekend to Saturday’s clash with Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.

No Wembley tickets would be on sale from Boundary Park as Athletic plan to use Ticketmaster. This means all purchases must be either online or via telephone.

Season-ticket holders are due to receive a unique reference number in the next few days, speeding up the selling process.

Chief executive Alan Hardy said: “It’s a very short period of time between the semi-finals and the final, and our ticket office can only handle up to 2,500 tickets per day.

“If we tried to sell 25,000 ourselves, there’s no way we could get through them before the game at Wembley.

“Obviously we’ve got to plan these things before we know the semi-final results, and we don’t want another situation where people are queuing up at the ticket office for four hours.

“Ticketmaster have vast experience of selling a lot of tickets in a short time, so this would be the quick and easy way.

“There is a booking fee (of seven per cent), but we feel fans would rather pay that than stand out in the rain.

“Ticketmaster would have a dedicated number for Latics fans and they offer a very reliable service.”

If Athletic are involved in the May 27 final, tickets will be available to season-ticket holders from 6pm on Saturday.

There will be a maximum of four tickets each, although this could be subject to change.

The remainder would go on open sale at 9pm next Monday until midnight on Tuesday prior to being sent out through the post.

Prices for the final have been set from £28 to £58, but under-16s and over-65s pay half-price.

Athletic’s allocation of 1,800 tickets for the semi-final at Blackpool on Saturday has already sold out

Edited by amoweb

The 4 tickets per ST holders was in the Chron last night where it also stated that there will be no ticket sales at BP.

Thanks for that. Ah yes, the rarely wrong Chron - "subject to change".

It's a pity the Club didn't put that bit about 4 tickets per ST holder in their letter.

Can anyone tell me, where there is more than one ST holder at an address, have they each received a letter or is it one letter per household?

Guest amoweb

It's a pity the Club didn't put that bit about 4 tickets per ST holder in their letter.

Can anyone tell me, where there is more than one ST holder at an address, have they each received a letter or is it one letter per household?

It is 4 per reference number

It was also in the program on Sunday.

It is 4 per reference number

I realise that, but we've had one letter (one reference number) for two ST holders. If there were four ST holders at the one address with only one reference number, that would mean only four tickets, instead of up to 4x4 tickets if separate letters.

I'm just trying to find out from other people's experience if I can expect a separate letter (reference number) for Mrs. Sideburns.

What if there are 4 non ST holders who want to go together?

I know Ticketmaster are buggers for usually only letting you buy a max of 4 tickets.

Bit of a pain if your a family of 5 who wants to go togeter :mad:

One potential problem I can see with Ticketmaster selling the tickets is say you and another family member have a season ticket each and want to buy 8 tickets so you and friends all sit together.

If Ticketmaster make you enter your code when you first log in the site it may then restrict you to your x4 tickets in that transaction. you then have to do another transaction using the second code and there is no guarantee you will get seats next to the first lot you bought.

Hope this makes sense

One potential problem I can see with Ticketmaster selling the tickets is say you and another family member have a season ticket each and want to buy 8 tickets so you and friends all sit together.

If Ticketmaster make you enter your code when you first log in the site it may then restrict you to your x4 tickets in that transaction. you then have to do another transaction using the second code and there is no guarantee you will get seats next to the first lot you bought.

Hope this makes sense

All seems a big deal about nothing to me.

a) We have to get there

B) Time limits restrict selling tickets at BP

c) Wembley is apparently a massive fleece anyway with Beer/food prices being sky high

d) Nobody has a bottomless pit of money (well not many) and in principal this 7% is wrong but who gives a rubber duck if we actually get there? I'd personally pay whatever it's going to cost.

e) Brighton was a much bigger fleece

f) With regards to whether people got to sit together, the size of the staduim tells me that this won't be too much of a problem.

g) 4 tickets per season ticket holder. How many st's we have 3500? so thats 14000 tickets, leaving a min of 9000 floating. I'm sure the quota will be more than 4 pp.

Just my drunken ramblings anyway :blush: