Pompey in administration again

Should have thrown the book at them last time, sincerely hope they do it this time.

What kind of an example is it setting to other clubs if they are allowed to get away with debts over £100 million?

looking at Twitter they are really in the :censored:. They cant even pay their gas bill

pompy will now be handed 10-point deduction from the Football League which will leave them in 21st place in the table just above the drop zone sky sports

Think they will get more than 10 points bob with it being the 2nd time in three years.

Also, if they were to go into administration a third time before 2020, they would be thrown out of the league

Think they will get more than 10 points bob with it being the 2nd time in three years.

Also, if they were to go into administration a third time before 2020, they would be thrown out of the league

the judge who is looking into pompeys request to go into admin want's to close the club down !

Edited by boboafc

If they had been a Football League club the first time round, it would be a 15 point deduction (from memory).

I suspect the fact they weren't under Football League rules the first time will save them from that. And this will be the first under the "three and you're out" rule.

Yes. I know. I know.

If they had been a Football League club the first time round, it would be a 15 point deduction (from memory).

I suspect the fact they weren't under Football League rules the first time will save them from that. And this will be the first under the "three and you're out" rule.

Yes. I know. I know.

Fair enough, wasn't aware that any times in administration outside of the football league didn't count. thought it was just a simple three strikes and your out. I still think they could get more than 10 points, bbc reporting they could be docked up to 20.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Fair enough, wasn't aware that any times in administration outside of the football league didn't count. thought it was just a simple three strikes and your out. I still think they could get more than 10 points, bbc reporting they could be docked up to 20.

Quite happy to be proved wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

realy do seem to be in trouble parachute payments going to previous owner may not see the season out nobody knocking on the door with bundles of cash maybe the end ?

sad for the fans as there powerless as were we in 03

spend beyond your means to live the dream and now there paying for it still see people on this board chastising corney for not spending big

realy do seem to be in trouble parachute payments going to previous owner may not see the season out nobody knocking on the door with bundles of cash maybe the end ?

sad for the fans as there powerless as were we in 03

spend beyond your means to live the dream and now there paying for it still see people on this board chastising corney for not spending big

I think their a lost cause, as their debt is just stupidly high.

If there is one club I have ever actually wanted to go bust its them. No disrespect meant to their fans as most of them are a credit to their club, but what kind of message is it sending out in football if they are allowed to get away with running up debts of over 100 million quid

it might just be me and my tinfoil hat but I'm still of the opinion that they bought the ref when we played them at their place in 1987 as we were both pushing for automatic promotion. So with that in mind........FLUSH 'EM DOWN THE PAN!

As for other clubs I hope that most escape extinction but they've got to start paying their debts and if they dont then sod 'em, wind them up and let them start again in non league. And that goes for us too (in the highly unlikely event such a succesful franchise as the Oldham Athletics were ever to get into a bad financial situation)

• 2 weeks later...

I think their a lost cause, as their debt is just stupidly high.

If there is one club I have ever actually wanted to go bust its them. No disrespect meant to their fans as most of them are a credit to their club, but what kind of message is it sending out in football if they are allowed to get away with running up debts of over 100 million quid

To be honest a part of me is hoping for it as well but i don't think they are a big enough club for it to really make a difference to the structure of football in this country. It needs a Premier League club to go bust for anythin to be done about it or a whole host of football league to go at once. Sad but true reality at the moment that nothing will change until it something dramatic happens and it's most likely going to have to be something that effects a major club to make the others sit up and take notice.

Football in this country has been ruined.