'Contract Rebels'

Or are they, have the club even approached those whose contracts are due to expire??

It's all gone quiet on that front and from previous experience, negotiations are usually well advanced, if not signed, sealed and delivered at this stage of the season. Either that or we know they'll be on their way in the summer.

To be honest i'd allow Taylor to find fame and fortune elsewhere, i feel his time here has expired and he's becoming stale and frustrated, better all round he ups sticks.

There's a few more decisions that the management need to really think about, i predict a mass exodus come July 1st and it won't be one that we've contrived. I know Dickov has stated that there's been no enquiries for any of any players but does he know what goes on behind the scenes with regards agents etc. They're very cagey and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if our better players already know their destiny for next season.

I worry most about Kieran Lee, consitently our best player, excellent at Sheff Utd on Saturday and outstanding in the first half especially, last night. He'll be high on any League one managers lists and quite a few Championship clubs, i don't think we'll be able to compete in the wages stakes. He's been loyal to us, took a massive pay cut to stay previously and worked his balls off, i've no issues with the likes of him chasing the coin and progressing.

I hope we hear from the club shortly in respect of where we are reference all contract negotiations but alas, if the club are true to form, we'll know nothing until they've gone or signed.

Until we get owners who are investing, we will rely on short term contracts, loans and strays to see us through.

The other alternative is finding an extra 2,000 people in Oldham who will turn up 20+ times a season each to watch a game.

Building on what is evidently a squad with real potential? Not going to happen while we can't afford to open the club shop after 3pm on weekdays.

Edited by opinions4u

Until we get owners who are investing, we will rely on short term contracts, loans and strays to see us through.

The other alternative is finding an extra 2,000 people in Oldham who will turn up 20+ times a season each to watch a game.

Building on what is evidently a squad with real potential? Not going to happen while we can't afford to open the club shop after 3pm on weekdays.

Unfortunately this /\

It's going to be soul-destroying to see this group taken apart; but IMO that's exactly what is going to happen. They have real potential as a team, and with 2 or 3 key additions I would fancy us to look to have realistic chance of doing something next season.

BUT - with most of our better players out of contract; and most over the compensation age also; "vultures" (I know they're not; they're just other clubs looking out for themselves) will circle and pluck off our talent.

Let's be honest here, look at Keith Hill & Barnsley. He's taken League 1 players & also Mental from League 2; players like Perkins, Done, Wiseman, McNulty & Craig Davies and given them a shot in the Championship. They haven't really dissapointed and have done really well. Now, you're not telling me that Hill hasn't noticed that Lee, Furman, Simpson, Taylor, Wesolowski et all are all out of contract? And another dozen other 'Hill's' from other clubs also?

We haven't announced new deals as none are on the table as I've been told. That will all start to happen after the season closes. By then, the players & more importantly their agents will have deals damm near signed elsewhere - and we'll be back to square one; again.

Unfortunately this /\

It's going to be soul-destroying to see this group taken apart; but IMO that's exactly what is going to happen. They have real potential as a team, and with 2 or 3 key additions I would fancy us to look to have realistic chance of doing something next season.

BUT - with most of our better players out of contract; and most over the compensation age also; "vultures" (I know they're not; they're just other clubs looking out for themselves) will circle and pluck off our talent.

Let's be honest here, look at Keith Hill & Barnsley. He's taken League 1 players & also Mental from League 2; players like Perkins, Done, Wiseman, McNulty & Craig Davies and given them a shot in the Championship. They haven't really dissapointed and have done really well. Now, you're not telling me that Hill hasn't noticed that Lee, Furman, Simpson, Taylor, Wesolowski et all are all out of contract? And another dozen other 'Hill's' from other clubs also?

We haven't announced new deals as none are on the table as I've been told. That will all start to happen after the season closes. By then, the players & more importantly their agents will have deals damm near signed elsewhere - and we'll be back to square one; again.

And that's why a little bit of the Latics supporting me dies every pre-season. It's soul-destroying but what the :censored: can we do? We're preaching (mostly) to the converted on here of the starting line-up last night

Cisak

Lee

M'Voto

Tarky

Mellor

Morais

Brown

Adeyemi

KMB

Taylor

Kuqi

Add to those

Black

Furman

Wesolowski

Simpson

Brooke

McGrath

Bembo

and the manager and several of his staff

We really could be up :censored:-creek, last pre-season was all a bit of a panic with players again arriving after the start of the season and it all means that we lose a month at the start of every season due to players still arriving and bedding in. I think even the faithful 2,500 that remain are going to see their patience severely tested this summer.

Reid, Diamond, Bouzanis, Smith, Chimmychammychanga

Unfortunately this /\

Yep. This team is not far off being pretty decent but most of the best players are going to be heading off in the summer.

Yep. This team is not far off being pretty decent but most of the best players are going to be heading off in the summer.

A thing that also worries me about this is that it would give PD every reason to take up any offer from a higher level club or even a similar level club with more of a chance to build a successful team in the medium term. I could see him getting very disillusioned by the situation here if so much of what he builds gets taken apart before it has a proper chance to develop.

And that's why a little bit of the Latics supporting me dies every pre-season. It's soul-destroying but what the :censored: can we do? We're preaching (mostly) to the converted on here of the starting line-up last night

Cisak

Lee

M'Voto

Tarky

Mellor

Morais

Brown

Adeyemi

KMB

Taylor

Kuqi

Add to those

Black

Furman

Wesolowski

Simpson

Brooke

McGrath

Bembo

and the manager and several of his staff

We really could be up :censored:-creek, last pre-season was all a bit of a panic with players again arriving after the start of the season and it all means that we lose a month at the start of every season due to players still arriving and bedding in. I think even the faithful 2,500 that remain are going to see their patience severely tested this summer.

Reid, Diamond, Bouzanis, Smith, Chimmychammychanga

Lee

Furman

Wes

Simmo

KMB

Morais

Taylor

Reid

The club should be talking to them all now about extending their contracts, instead of the usual piss about we do at the end of season, not knowing who's staying from majority of the squad, as that stops us planning properly for next season so we can be targetting players as early as possible.

Lee

Furman

Wes

Simmo

KMB

Morais

Taylor

Reid

The club should be talking to them all now about extending their contracts, instead of the usual piss about we do at the end of season, not knowing who's staying from majority of the squad, as that stops us planning properly for next season so we can be targetting players as early as possible.

It would also maybe encourage people to renew/or end their hiatus and buy a ST, if the fanbase saw a modicum of ambition. Royle kept his squad together, (save 1 or 2 sales a year) and look what happened? Consolidation, progress and finally achievement. Give Dickov a chance to build with what he has plus a LB, striker, midfielder and Centre-Half and we may be able to compete. If this squad falls apart at the seams due to a 'reactive' instead of pro-active board we may be staring oblivion in the face. And let's not beat about the bush if Dickov knows he has no chance of continuity then he will walk….

IIRC, Im sure i read somewhere (on here i think) that somebody had been talking to one of the players (morais?) who said that the only contract talks going on at the moment was with Kieran Lee.

Lee is probably the only out-of-contract first teamer that I feel quite confident of staying. I remember an LP interview earlier in the season where he was asked whether he would like to stay if offered a new deal and his response was simply one word: "absolutely."

Lee is probably the only out-of-contract first teamer that I feel quite confident of staying. I remember an LP interview earlier in the season where he was asked whether he would like to stay if offered a new deal and his response was simply one word: "absolutely."

Local lad, comes in at 9.59 & 59 seconds, leaves 1 minute after training is wrapped up.....appears to have a very stable 7 settled home life. If a deal is available that suits; I would imagine he'd been happy to sign.

But, it's not too far over the tops to Barnsley or Leeds is it?

Local lad, comes in at 9.59 & 59 seconds, leaves 1 minute after training is wrapped up.....appears to have a very stable 7 settled home life. If a deal is available that suits; I would imagine he'd been happy to sign.

When he first signed with us, he said he joined us as he wanted to stay in the north west.

Out of the first teamers at the club who I think are very likely to sign if offered are:

Lee

Reid

Wes

Morais

Black

Simmo

This is my thinking about it. When he originally signed for us the competition was QPR (IIRC Leeds were in our league), easily commuatble clubs from Manchester in the Championship (which may include Notlob, Pies and Bastard next season) would be daft not to look at him as he's the best RB I've seen at this level since Eardley.

I think the same might apply to the likes of Taylor, Furman (who has settled in Whitefield) and presumably Simpson (who has settled near Hudds). The upheaval of moving to another part of the country shouldn't be underestimated.

Think that's going to be the stumbling block, we can't offer the money that he's worth and can get elsewhere. He's at an age when he's got to look after himself and i think all talk of 'locality' etc will become secondary when the bigger bucks are put on the table.

This is my thinking about it. When he originally signed for us the competition was QPR (IIRC Leeds were in our league), easily commuatble clubs from Manchester in the Championship (which may include Notlob, Pies and Bastard next season) would be daft not to look at him as he's the best RB I've seen at this level since Eardley.

I think the same might apply to the likes of Taylor, Furman (who has settled in Whitefield) and presumably Simpson (who has settled near Hudds). The upheaval of moving to another part of the country shouldn't be underestimated.

Simpson lives in Leeds City Centre.

I can't see us holding on to Furman or Simpson, as they could both be involved in (at least) top end teams in this division.

Wouldn't be surprised if Black was released.

Kuqi will have a few offers, as will Lee and Taylor. Whether they'll be from a Championship level, I'm not so sure, so we may have a decent chance of keeping them.

Simpson lives in Leeds City Centre.

Ah right, that puts a few more Championship clubs in easy commuting distance (might scupper a few too). The one advantage we have with Simpson is I can't see him going back to Hudds, who would be local enough, and able to pay more (plus possibly at a higher level).

With all due respect and while I think we have a few decent players here I don't think their will be too many who will move on we might lose about 3 maximum the rest will only go if we don't want them to stay don't forget this team has been in the bottom half of the division all season. People were saying the same thing last summer and we kept the majority of this squad together the only player we "lost" was Dale Stephens who we were compensated for now I'm not up with the goings on in south London but has he been writing the headlines for them this season?

One of the main reasons we have a high turnover of staff is more often than note want to get rid of players ourselves the deadwood if you like take the 06-07 close season the we only lost Richie Wellens and Chris Porter. The likes of Paul Warne, Will Haining, Craig Rodcastle, and Paul Edwards were let go a few of the short termers went aswell Simon Charlton retired and Les Pogliacomi's knees couldn't hack it anymore.

We will keep the majority of this squad if we want them here.

With all due respect and while I think we have a few decent players here I don't think their will be too many who will move on we might lose about 3 maximum the rest will only go if we don't want them to stay don't forget this team has been in the bottom half of the division all season. People were saying the same thing last summer and we kept the majority of this squad together the only player we "lost" was Dale Stephens who we were compensated for now I'm not up with the goings on in south London but has he been writing the headlines for them this season?

One of the main reasons we have a high turnover of staff is more often than note want to get rid of players ourselves the deadwood if you like take the 06-07 close season the we only lost Richie Wellens and Chris Porter. The likes of Paul Warne, Will Haining, Craig Rodcastle, and Paul Edwards were let go a few of the short termers went aswell Simon Charlton retired and Les Pogliacomi's knees couldn't hack it anymore.

We will keep the majority of this squad if we want them here.

I think you're wrong, I can't see most of the out of contract players wanting to stay on 1 year deals.

Taylor

Lee

Furman

Simpson

Wil all get better offers and more importantly more stability of a longer deal elsewhere

I think you're wrong, I can't see most of the out of contract players wanting to stay on 1 year deals.

Taylor

Lee

Furman

Simpson

Wil all get better offers and more importantly more stability of a longer deal elsewhere

Taylor - A player you've said yourself has not been playing anywhere near aswell as he should be. Do you think any scouts watching him recently will be going back to their managers asking them to break the bank to sign him, infact Alan knill must have watched him last night and thought he'd dodged a bullet by not paying a kings ransom for him last january. If we had had any offers this January he would have gone.

Lee- Probably the one I can see getting a better offer has been consistantly good for the last 2 years.

Furman - Hasn't had a full season due to injuries which will effect how marketable he is.

Simpson - Is here because he was not seen good enough to play for huddersfield if you were chasing promotion would you want a player who wasn't seen as good enough to play for a team who can't get out of this division but has had 6 good months at a team who can't get out of the bottom half.

If you know something I don't then fair enough but I think we will keep the majority of this squad together if we want them here.

Taylor - A player you've said yourself has not been playing anywhere near aswell as he should be. Do you think any scouts watching him recently will be going back to their managers asking them to break the bank to sign him, infact Alan knill must have watched him last night and thought he'd dodged a bullet by not paying a kings ransom for him last january. If we had had any offers this January he would have gone.

Lee- Probably the one I can see getting a better offer has been consistantly good for the last 2 years.

Furman - Hasn't had a full season due to injuries which will effect how marketable he is.

Simpson - Is here because he was not seen good enough to play for huddersfield if you were chasing promotion would you want a player who wasn't seen as good enough to play for a team who can't get out of this division but has had 6 good months at a team who can't get out of the bottom half.

If you know something I don't then fair enough but I think we will keep the majority of this squad together if we want them here.

All four are good enough to be top end League One players/bottom half of the Championship. Those clubs want decent squads and will offer 2 or 3 year deals simply to squad players. Evina hasn't had a look in at Charlton yet got a 2 or 3 year deal. That sort of offer to the modern day footballer is more preferable to the 1 year deals we'll be offering. Taylor will walk for definite, he's not been interested in even discussing a new deal.. it wouldn't surprise me if he went out on 'loan' before the end of March, just like Stephens did.

don't know how many clubs will gamble on weso's fitness. he might be having an op but that shoulders still weaker than damp bog roll so his injuries might put them off and i'd like him to stay. as for furman, he's captain, fans love him and he's been here a few seasons now. maybe he has a bit of a soft spot and wants to stay? lee, as mentioned has already said he'd like to stay. kuqi, too be fair i think we'd only get another season out of him anyway and, whilst he is class on his day, this purple patch may be a sign of his flair and spark dying out. Simpson, whilst he's done good for us you've gotta remember Huddersfield released him effectively, therefore they obviously don't think he's good enough to be part of (what they consider) a promotion challenging team so how many clubs like them will WANT him and offer him 1st team football every week

we need to be getting contracts signed soon though. the longer we wait, the more delusioned players will get and they'll question if they're really wanted at the club. even if dicko can get some verbal agreements about staying it's going to make them more comfortable if they know they're wanted. the later we leave it the further down :censored: creek we sail