players leaving us

i am sure shez will have a clear out now with porter and liddell the first to and maybe haining too ,if we get a good price for him ? anyone know of others leaving us

haining is out of contract bob hence will go for nothing

porter also out of contract hence if he goes elsewhere and a fee cant be agreed then a tribunal will decide

Edited by Lookers_Carl

haining is out of contract bob hence will go for nothing

porter also out of contract hence if he goes elsewhere and a fee cant be agreed then a tribunal will decide

haining porter and warne are all out of contract.

porter will go and we will get money from tribunal,haining will go as he believes he is bigger than us.

warne will want to stay,however not sure if shez will want him too.not really had a good goal return from all the effort he puts in.

mcdonald can go,how many needless fouls did he commit today when he came on,liddell will prolly leave,charlton may retire.

i fully expect a new look team for next season focusing more on passing football,and a will and desire to win,instead of people bottling it when they realised we may go up and they wouldnt be good enough.

haining porter and warne are all out of contract.

porter will go and we will get money from tribunal,haining will go as he believes he is bigger than us.

warne will want to stay,however not sure if shez will want him too.not really had a good goal return from all the effort he puts in.

mcdonald can go,how many needless fouls did he commit today when he came on,liddell will prolly leave,charlton may retire.

i fully expect a new look team for next season focusing more on passing football,and a will and desire to win,instead of people bottling it when they realised we may go up and they wouldnt be good enough.

can get rid of gregan for me too.......

overweight and unfit........funny as that seemed to have happened since he signed on the dotted line... nah good enough player when facing the ball, but slow as flip when put on his heels... not to mention his .." it's your fault!" mentality

overweight and unfit........funny as that seemed to have happened since he signed on the dotted line... nah good enough player when facing the ball, but slow as flip when put on his heels... not to mention his .." it's your fault!" mentality

Yeah, it's not like we topped the league with Gregan in the team is it?

Oh right......................

Gregan should stay, Stam to Stay, Haining will prob stay (hope so) Welens can go for me, not seen many great displays from him recently, to say he is supposed to be our playmaker! I would keep Edwards but push him back into leftback, he was very good today, and he has not been a player that I have had a lot of time for!

Porter will go, Warne will go although I hope he stays, McDonald can go, as can Blayney. Thing we should keep Pogs as on his day he is the best keeper in this division, Need to find a very good Keeper though, also need to find another centre half 2 or 3 midfielders, and deffo 3 good strikers

However we dont have a bottomless pit of cash so heres hoping for next season, maybe mid table is my prediction!

Yeah, it's not like we topped the league with Gregan in the team is it?

must of blinked when that happened..... we finished 6th in the league though, and over the last few weeks had more goals scored against us cause the back 4 were caught napping.... hardly awe inspiring is it??? not much to build on either..

not that i have answers either..........just stating that he's not what some people make him out to be...

Gregan should stay, Stam to Stay, Haining will prob stay (hope so) Welens can go for me, not seen many great displays from him recently, to say he is supposed to be our playmaker! I would keep Edwards but push him back into leftback, he was very good today, and he has not been a player that I have had a lot of time for!

Porter will go, Warne will go although I hope he stays, McDonald can go, as can Blayney. Thing we should keep Pogs as on his day he is the best keeper in this division, Need to find a very good Keeper though, also need to find another centre half 2 or 3 midfielders, and deffo 3 good strikers

However we dont have a bottomless pit of cash so heres hoping for next season, maybe mid table is my prediction!

personally agree with most of that, well apart from the gregan bit...hence the post above........

i totally agree about pogs though.. no better than him! ok he's got his problems, but they seem to have been trained out of him before, so why not again!

sort of hope they can tempt grant back........time will tell, as will the coffers! we have the makings of a good team in there somewhere, as our results and position has proven...

must of blinked when that happened..... we finished 6th in the league though, and over the last few weeks had more goals scored against us cause the back 4 were caught napping.... hardly awe inspiring is it??? not much to build on either..

not that i have answers either..........just stating that he's not what some people make him out to be...

Totally agree about gregan not rated him since the day we signed him, he may be better with a pacy centre half next to him but our defense hasn't looked good since xmas I think the 1st game he played after signing the contract was at scunthorpe and apart from swansea away we haven't put in much of a decent performance since, but i suppose we should remind ourselves we are a league one club and if we want defenders who dont make mistakes, have pace and can pass we may have a long wait.

Think wellens will go if a championship side comes in and who can blame him, not so sure about porter any club that gets him will have to pay a fee and why would anyone want to pay decent money for a player that has only really been fit for 4 months out of the last 24 i still think he may end up with us for another 12 months, if he does go and we get reasonable money he is replaceable.

Cant make my mind up about haining much like gregan for me too slow and to prone to stupid errors but stam is never fit so can we afford to get rid.

Anyway i'm cheering blackpool on in the final , simply because i dont want to sit in that windy, wet, dump of a stadium next year.

A little dickie bird told me today that Gregan will be squad number 5 next season. Make of that what you will!

Also, isn't Charlton just on loan to us, therefore will go back to Norwich?

He still lives in Norwich though and he and his wife have recently had their first child. Can't see him being here next year.

To be honest, there will be better, younger and less injury-prone left-backs available on free transfers this close season

Whose contracts are up at the end of this season anyways?

For me I'd like to see Blayney and Edwards released, maybe even Wood.

Don't really wanna go on about it much except to say thanks to shez and the lads for a great season, we have done better than my wildest expectations at the start of the season. Hopefully with t3a's backing Shez can bring in a better squad next season and I'm sure we'll do a better job next season.

Whose contracts are up at the end of this season anyways?

For me I'd like to see Blayney and Edwards released, maybe even Wood.

Don't really wanna go on about it much except to say thanks to shez and the lads for a great season, we have done better than my wildest expectations at the start of the season. Hopefully with t3a's backing Shez can bring in a better squad next season and I'm sure we'll do a better job next season.

for me

blayney- release

pogs- if we can get a better keeper in, release

charlton - release, dont think hes got another full season

haining - release, not a skipper and gone very stale

stam - release, pains me to say it as he is quality, but we cant afford to carry players on his wages. If we do offer him somethin, needs to be high appearance £££ lower basic

warne -release, he tries but not good enough to be in a genuine promotion chasing team and misses too many sitters

edwards - keep, wont cost the earth and is half decent as a left back

wellens - would offer him a new deal although cant see him staying

porter - cash in and strengthen across the board

Alot will go. We have been crap since Swansea away not 1 good performance apart from the first half at Brighton on that form all season we would of been down. Not sure expect it to be a busy summer though bit like the Summer 2005 just hope that Haining stays.

Why? Haining has been below par for a long time, he isnt a leader, he cant handle marking big strikers and has been given the runaround by too many average players.

I thought Haining did ok today, he certainly played better than he has been doing the last few months anyway. Greegan i thought was awful today as he has been in the last few months, when he played for us on loan he was fantasic and i thought he would be the driving force behind our push for promotion but he has been very bad since the Scunthorpe game. Hopefully next season he'll get back to the player we know he can be. I think Haining will go, Wellens will go to a championship club i wish he would stay but i doubt it, I hope Porter stays but he will probably go if offered something in the championship, Warne has rejected a contract already so will probably go, Edwards i think will get released which i'm not all that bothered about as long we bring in another player with some pace. I think Eardley will go in the summer too, i think we will cash in on him as we have Lomax who can do more than an adequate job at right back. I think either McDonald or Rocastle will go and hopefully wood will go too. Chris Hall will hopefully be in his way too. Blayney will go too i hope and keep Pogs we know he can be a good keeper he just needs someone there to keep his confidence up like Dowie did. I hope Charlton stays if he is fit enough if not we obviously need another left back but we have a fantastic young left back called Black who has just as much if not more potential than Eardley so he will hopefully be coming through tho next season might be a bit too soon for him. Shez MUST buy a leader, preferably i the central midfield, we need someone in the Duxbury mold, a born leader who will always give 110%

He has been a rock at most times this season. Been better than Gregan in the past few weeks. Was fine today, while Gregan was left a few times.

open your eyes man

haining is more bothered about his wedding than anything else at the moment.

he isnt a leader or a talker.he got ripped apart by cheltnhams strikers.

gregan although a lot slower,has good positioning and can head the ball away 20-30 yards.1st leg and today the reason they kept geting through was because we were playing the offside trap on the half way line,which is always risky.the players obviously talked about it at half time but blayney wasnt alert enough to make it work.

wellens will go to the championship!!! you havin a laff.

5 good performances in 2 seasons,not championship material is it.

Not sure whether I entirely imagined this but I thought there was something slightly different about Richie's applause for the fans at the end of the game today - almost an air of saying goodbye. Maybe I imagined it - i hope not.

On the Gregan debate, who was partly at fault for today's first goal? He catches the eye because he's so casual sometimes but he has made several mistakes over recent months which have cost us very sloppy goals. Still got enough quality to do a good job in this division though.

my take.

great thanks to the players this season!

greatly enjoyed the football and we have,in effect over-performed....at least ronniesaurus can't claim anymore to the best finish ever in a billion years!

time for a major clearout.

blaney-out...not good enough.

get a new first team goalie-if pogs doesn't like that-out too.

charlie...done good for me but injuries haven't helped-cheers mate-time to move

eardly...cash in if we can...but it won't happen

haining...cheers..enjoy your new marriage-time for a change too.

gregan-agree with the sentiments echoed here all ready.we have another season with him like it or not,so,make him captain,heap responsibility on him and i'm sure we will see the gregan of old again.

stam-i really really love him as a player but he has been so unlucky injury wise.1 year contract....sign it please!

eddie-great game today...but we need him to perform all the time-time for a change -move on.

wellens-well hes going aint he-cheers ritchie!

mac...go away this summer and come back as the mac of early season...pretty please!

taylor...learn about first touch..ledge in the making.

warne..100% tryer..but ain't scoring.cheers paul-thanks for the memouries,but time to move on.

porter-how the feck did he score 20 odd goals??? cash in!!!!!!!!!!!!! lazy,not interested in nowt but cash-bugger off then.

rocky-hope he enjoys his summer-and comes back as number 1 contender!

time for a huge overall.if all went well today,and won the final,this squad wouldn't have coped in the championship. fact.

we need shez to be feckin brutal this summer and clearout the not good enough types.

cheers for the great season lads...loved it!!!!

time to move on-heres to next season!!!!!!!!!

YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

we need shez to be feckin brutal this summer and clearout the not good enough types.

I don't think he'll be afraid to be either.

He said a while back he was learning. I take that as he knows who wants it and who doesn't. He'll have been looking at new signings for quite a bit too.

I can see a lot of those out of contract leaving. Most through Shez's choice than their own.