players leaving us

He has been a rock at most times this season. Been better than Gregan in the past few weeks. Was fine today, while Gregan was left a few times.

More bothered about his celebrity "i am getting married to a page 3 bird how much are you paying us for the wedding" than playing for us.The second goal was his fault,Blaney for the first and the third was a mile offside :rant.sml:

Guest oa_exile

I also dont know IF richie wants to stay or move onto pastures new BUT we should try to keep him as he will be difficult to replace.

"When Wellard doesnt play , We dont play" , i have said this about the guy from the start.

Gregan needs to get fit and hungry in the summer for a long season ahead of him.

Taylor needs that extra coaching to bring him on , far from the finished article BUT bags of potential.

Keep Porter OR of course sell on IF the price is right.Money that would come in handy to re build the squad on Free Transfer Wages or a dip into the transfer market.

The rest of the squad can go for me , either by not renewing contracts or accepting offers.

Shez needs to clear out and re build HIS TEAM (SQUAD).

Thought Porter was out of contract? So wont he go on a Bosman free?

We get money cos of his age but Bury will get a percentage of it. I hope he stays i know he seems to be public enemy number one with some fans but i can't see why, he has scored over 20 goals for us this season and thats with him missing games due to injury and playing many games in pain whilst injured. He is a fantastic player and if we want to challenge for promotion next season then we need a goal scorer and Porter is definately a goal scorer. They now know the problem that was causing the problem with his knee so no further damage will be done. We must try and keep him next season if we can and get a pacey striker to play along side him then we will do well. Hopefully City will sell Richards and we will get a good chunk of money to play with, Porters agent asked for 30k signing on fee as thats what Plymouth offered him I'm sure we could afford to give him that if Richards gets sold

Not sure whether I entirely imagined this but I thought there was something slightly different about Richie's applause for the fans at the end of the game today - almost an air of saying goodbye. Maybe I imagined it - i hope not.

No - you didn't imagine it. He's off. I wish it weren't so, but I'm afraid it is.

:cardinal:

Didn't Gregan sign a 2.5 year deal, in which case it would be very costly to release him as we would have to pay him up,

besides which he reads the game really well, okay he lacks pace but with Eddy at left back and a pacier centre half alongside I think he is easily good enough for League 1.

Guest oa_exile
Didn't Gregan sign a 2.5 year deal, in which case it would be very costly to release him as we would have to pay him up,

Maybe Gregan has a "Opt Out" clause in his contract that releases him if we didnt get promotion ?

Yeah, it's not like we topped the league with Gregan in the team is it?

Oh right......................

Yes we did S-C

but was most of them points to get us there when he was on LOAN ?

I agree Gregs as been differnt gravy since he signed for us perm.... Unfortunatly its been the type my Brother once made..With lumps and with sugar instead of a pinch of salt and stock :shock:

besides which he reads the game really well, okay he lacks pace but with Eddy at left back and a pacier centre half alongside I think he is easily good enough for League 1.

if gregan is staying and being made captain(which imo is the right chioce as he has bags of experiance)should'nt we be playing deeper instead of playing a high line with two slow centre halves and a holding type centre mid who hardly crosses the halfway line(remember Willie Donachie)allowing one of the fullbacks to bomb on,easy this managers lark innit.ktf.

Ok who said get rid of eardly???

He's a young player with growing talent. pacey, gets back to tackle, pushes forward with a good cross. and when he's on target (yeah I know its not too often but neither is wellans n your all kissin his ars) his strikes are amazing! I think a great free kick taker for years to come.

Gregan out, no questions. Start another fund if we cant afford to pay him off! Wasnt that brilliant on loan, and since he got made permanent he's just given up! These last couple months I think someone must have stapled his mouth shut! whatever happened to communication? running into other defenders and keepers! open your eyes you muppet!!! talkin of which how risky was it calling blaney half way down the field coz he ate too many pies and couldnt be bothered chasin it!!!

Porter will be gone! 1 hit wonder! let him go. If he doesnt go to a better team now he may never get another chance.

Will and Stam both had good performances, keep em! possibly good on rotation with a new centre back. keep em fightin for a place. keep em on their toes they'll have to push harder!

Liddle, love to say ad miss him but he's crap!

warney gives 110% every match. he is gettin on abit but for the league were in he's great yet! If your gonna use age as a reason for him to go, then just make sure you wernt singin for eyres to get a new contract!!!

Rocastle has got better second half of the season. dunno wether he can be consistent enough tho.

and finally neil wood. am sure hes kept his bench in the changing room warm but aint seen no fire on the pitch, get rid!!!

Ok who said get rid of eardly???

He's a young player with growing talent. pacey, gets back to tackle, pushes forward with a good cross. and when he's on target (yeah I know its not too often but neither is wellans n your all kissin his ars) his strikes are amazing! I think a great free kick taker for years to come.

Gregan out, no questions. Start another fund if we cant afford to pay him off! Wasnt that brilliant on loan, and since he got made permanent he's just given up! These last couple months I think someone must have stapled his mouth shut! whatever happened to communication? running into other defenders and keepers! open your eyes you muppet!!! talkin of which how risky was it calling blaney half way down the field coz he ate too many pies and couldnt be bothered chasin it!!!

Porter will be gone! 1 hit wonder! let him go. If he doesnt go to a better team now he may never get another chance.

Will and Stam both had good performances, keep em! possibly good on rotation with a new centre back. keep em fightin for a place. keep em on their toes they'll have to push harder!

Liddle, love to say ad miss him but he's crap!

warney gives 110% every match. he is gettin on abit but for the league were in he's great yet! If your gonna use age as a reason for him to go, then just make sure you wernt singin for eyres to get a new contract!!!

Rocastle has got better second half of the season. dunno wether he can be consistent enough tho.

and finally neil wood. am sure hes kept his bench in the changing room warm but aint seen no fire on the pitch, get rid!!!

been to a damn sight more than 5 matches in 2 years.

on his day he is a very good player with good vision and passing,however this playoffs has just highlighted how lacklustre he is.

you would of thought being an ex lasher he would have been well up for knocking them out,however he got himself booked with silly fouls in both games early on,and that made him a passenger as he couldnt get stuck in.

he destroyed bradford singlehandedly,if he can do that every game he would be a legend.

In spite of some big mistakes recently, I can't believe people are saying we should offload Gregan. I'd be building my defence around him, with someone pacey alongside him, and he'll be captain next season, I've no doubt. Besides, there's no way on this Earth we'll have the money to pay him off.

I used to be a big fan of Wellens but, with regret, I've to say I wouldn't be at all sad to see him go. He's an arrogant get, who thinks he's better than his teammates and very rarely puts in a performance that would prove his point. He's got an awful lot of talent but his attitude gets in the way of him performing consistently.

Blayney should, and will, be shown the door.

I'd keep Charlton if he can prove his fitness.

Macca - not fussed. I thought he put in some great performances early in the season but would hope to have someone better in the first team next term.

Pogs - Not sure. Back-up? I'd be pleased to see a more consistent keeper come in. If that's not possible I'd happily keep him in the first team, providing his fragile confidence can be looked after.

Porter - Dunno. If he stays, will he be happy? If not, will he perform? If so, great.

Liddell - I think I'd keep him, just. He be a far more valuable player if he always put in the type of shift he did yesterday, chasing down the opposition. Desperately needs to work on his set pieces though.

Eddie - keep. Just hope he can stay fit, which I'm not convinced he can.

Warne - keep. If we'd gone up, I'd be saying the opposite but, at this level, he's indispensable, in my opinion.

Taylor, Lomax and Eardley - keep, no question.

Rocky - keep. Never thought he'd make it but he's made big progress.

Stam/Haining - think I'd be inclined to keep Stam and let Haining go. Will's never reproduced the form he shown when he first burst onto the scene when Clint Hill was injured.

I'd maybe try to sign Glombard as a squad player. And anyone fancy Gareth Owen in defence next season? I quite fancy the idea.

shame i got loads of stockport county fans at work, as im gonna get some stick tomorrow.

Gotta admit Blayney is bobbins and the county fans at work warned me big time.

that first goal his agililty has to be questioned ? think my gran could have moved quicker, the county lads also tell me they have been very impressed with owen and taylor also.

Think we gonna see some new faces next year. Big shout to edwards yesterday who thought had a great game but cant play the line very well and shouldve been used more in the other half with maybe him on the left and taylor on the right ?.

Also think we need a Bulldog of a defensive midfielder next year with a "non shall pass" attitude lol

With regard to summer clearouts etc. I think we need to be a bit more realistic as I'm sure some people think that 90% of the playing staff are going to leave.

How can that happen, players who are under contract beyond this summer will definately be staying unless Shez feels they really will not be in his plans for next year and then they will be released, but their contracts will have to be paid up.

Then there is a whole host of players who's contracts will be up this summer, they will only be in two categories the players we must keep and those we dont want anymore.

Shez I'm sure will go to great lengths to keep Wellens and Porter but that depends on them, we are not in a position to offer silly money. So I suspect for both players it will all depend on what other offers are made to them.

The players who are out of contract and are not required will obviously be shown the door but suitable replacements need to be found (quite often easier said than done).