Zander diamond

Decent league one cb very good league 2 cb. I agree with releasing him as he would of been a good salary and is Only available for half the games.

Burton boss Rowett added: "I am really excited about Zander joining us. He is just the sort of defender I have wanted since last season ended.

"If it hadn't been for a contractual situation at Oldham last season, he would have had a full season in League One. I think we have done fantastically well to get him here to Burton."

Hmmm. Not quite. If he manages to stay fit he'll be a great signing for them, but as we've seen, that's a massive 'if'. Like you say, we couldn't afford to pay him to only play half the season.

Edited by rosa

Lets be honest, if he was that much of a good player, he would've gone to someone better than Burton Albion. On facebook, people calling for Dickov to sacked cause he could afford to keep him ect, if Diamond would've gone to Burnley or someone. we would be disappointed, but he didn't he went to Burton Albion. I'm not that bothered that he's gone if he was and probably was one of the most highest paid players.

I still think Dockov just didnt fancy him, nothing to do with money, i think Dickov believes he can get better elsewhere and was just being kind with his parting words when saying he would have liked to have kept him.

If Diamond was that good he would have had league one clubs after him, the fact that he has signed for Burton goes to show that there was probably no one at this level in for him.

Good luck to him.....he was an average player and no more. Tranmere had him on trial and let him go as he's probably no better than they already had......the fact he's gone to Burton so quickly suggests that they've thrown a wedge at him or he's scared he might not have got a club.

He played 23 league games for us which equates to half a season, if he was on £1500 a week it's the equivalent of paying £3000 a week!!

According to the Chron we offered him a 12 month deal on reduced terms.....basically that means Dickov didn't want him