Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Win's a win I suppose but Smith and Derbyshire were soooo isolated why oh why are our midfielders sitting so deep? A better side would have destroyed us today. It was crying out for Changy's engine, shooting and pro-activity....

-

Agree apart from Changy. Furman can be that man given the license surely? Croft and mvoto stood out for me.

Liverpool fan I was with commented that we couldn't string any passes together. We were very direct, smith who I thought looked out on his feet, won many flicks but don't hold it up at all. A better side would of dominated us because of this.

Edited by welshgaz

Smith did OK things his weaknesses were shown up really.

He did win a fair bit in the air but no one picks up the 2nd ball so its pointless playing it too him.

Croft worked hard put in a couple of good crosses that no one got on the end off...

Furman must be under orders to not go to far forward at one stage in the 2nd half thier defender was facing his own goal ,with a bouncing ball hard to control Furman went to close down then stopped. If he had put him under pressure chances are we would have had an attacking throw or maybe better. I just dont get it.

Really? Watch it from the side. View and game looks completely different. He had 5 minutes in the second half where he megged their lad and put in an average cross. Nice to see him gambling for the goal mind. Best lb we've had for a long time.

I watched it from the main stand and thought Grounds was very good as well..... Rarly gave the ball away and did well defending...looked shatterd after an hour tho....

Win's a win I suppose but Smith and Derbyshire were soooo isolated why oh why are our midfielders sitting so deep? A better side would have destroyed us today. It was crying out for Changy's engine, shooting and pro-activity....

-

I have to agree about M'Changama. Today was always going to be tough against such a defensive side in awful football conditions so to win was respectable.

M'Changama gives us that dynamism that Furman and Wes don't give us. We only have 1 point of attack, the wings and if they don't perform well then we don't score. I understand that Wes and Furman contribute defensively but they don't attack. It wasn't really an issue today, I think, but against better teams it would be.

It annoys me a bit that Wes gets no criticism when Furman does. They both get given the same job to do but Furman gets far more flack. They are both given the same brief so should be treated the same. Wes gets by so easily.

When we beat Crewe and Preston in our 2 best performances of the season they were pressing high up the pitch and we stopped them doing it. It really confuses me. We find a winning, successful system then scrap it for no apparent reason. Mindboggling.

I have to agree about M'Changama. Today was always going to be tough against such a defensive side in awful football conditions so to win was respectable.

M'Changama gives us that dynamism that Furman and Wes don't give us. We only have 1 point of attack, the wings and if they don't perform well then we don't score. I understand that Wes and Furman contribute defensively but they don't attack. It wasn't really an issue today, I think, but against better teams it would be.

It annoys me a bit that Wes gets no criticism when Furman does. They both get given the same job to do but Furman gets far more flack. They are both given the same brief so should be treated the same. Wes gets by so easily.

When we beat Crewe and Preston in our 2 best performances of the season they were pressing high up the pitch and we stopped them doing it. It really confuses me. We find a winning, successful system then scrap it for no apparent reason. Mindboggling.

Either the manager tells him not to = worrying

Furman really is thick and has no genuine desire to attack, the same for Wes = worrying

There is no doubt in my mind that the team played as directed by PD. His post match comments prove this. So everyone should stop criticising Furman and Wes and the rest of the team for doing what they were told.

However you look at it PD has obtained another 3 points from a poor but solid display. It isn't what we want but it is what we are going to get until we go behind in which case there is a possibility that we might start to play.

There will be more of the same on Tuesday giving us very little chance of winning - a draw would be a great result for us. Given that Corney has made it clear how important the next home game against Donny is I suppose it will be more of the same!

Far from convincing (again) but nobody can argue with two wins in two. Both teams were poor and won't be surprised if one (or both) find themselves in the bottom four at the end of the season. Agree with most posters about the defensive negativity of the middle two - why don't we move forward as a unit? If we play like that on Tuesday, we'll get a good ol' six-fingered spanking. Job done but can't help but think today has further delayed the inevitable...

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

There is no doubt in my mind that the team played as directed by PD. His post match comments prove this. So everyone should stop criticising Furman and Wes and the rest of the team for doing what they were told.

However you look at it PD has obtained another 3 points from a poor but solid display. It isn't what we want but it is what we are going to get until we go behind in which case there is a possibility that we might start to play.

There will be more of the same on Tuesday giving us very little chance of winning - a draw would be a great result for us. Given that Corney has made it clear how important the next home game against Donny is I suppose it will be more of the same!

Can anyone corroborate this?

If so, I won't be paying any of my money to watch it.

Horrible to watch today, negative and no motivation from the top.

If PD has told Furman to play that way and as speculated SC is thinking of reducing season ticket prices for next season, better start about £100 otherwise im not buying another one.

Woeful negative, deep football and at home against a :censored: team.

It really is only a matter of time PD.

Horrible to watch today, negative and no motivation from the top.

If PD has told Furman to play that way and as speculated SC is thinking of reducing season ticket prices for next season, better start about £100 otherwise im not buying another one.

Woeful negative, deep football and at home against a :censored: team.

It really is only a matter of time PD.

+1

Really? Watch it from the side. View and game looks completely different. He had 5 minutes in the second half where he megged their lad and put in an average cross. Nice to see him gambling for the goal mind. Best lb we've had for a long time.

I watched it from the side and also thought Grounds was MOM, he never stopped running!

"He continued: "Karl Robinson (MK Dons’ manager) told me Shrewsbury’s front four were the best they had played against so we knew we would have to be solid defensively."

So said PD post match. If a club at the bottom has such a good attack the mind boggles as to what PD will tell the team about a club in third place who just scored four. The best way to describe the way we play is solid at the back - 'constipated'.

A few things from yesterday

Negatives

- We didn't really impose ourselves on the opposition, we could have committed more men forward we didnt get on the ball enough and start to move it around at a high tempo.

- Lack of substitutions, last 20 minutes of the game we were tyring badly surely it would have been worth changing things Matt Smith imparticular was tired surely it would have been worth giving Dan taylor 20 minutes against one of the bottom sides at home to see what he could have done or give some game time to Mellor or Sutherland. Why not give Kirk Millar a go on the right and ask Croft to go and play in the hole something to try and change things as it had gone flat.

Positives

- We won take them however you can get them and weve lifted ourselves away from the bootom 4

- Defensively we played well they never really looked like scoring apart from one opportunity in the 2nd half where Mvoto put in a superb Block

- Jonathon Grounds showed he has a nother string to his bow as he looked good on occasions going forward and we now have another option on the left wing.

Overall we played like a side really lacking in Confidence which is going to happen when we've had a few results go against us and thats why I think we didn't impose ourselves on the game and at the end we looked nervous and were hanging on a little bit at the end.

We've had 2 games which were must win where we needed to win and we have done now we go into the the game aginst Doncaster which will be a different challenge the pressure will be on them as the home side in the top 4 to come and beat us. Its not a disaster if we don't win on Tuesday we should go their and be positive and show we can compete against the best sides on our day which we have shown at time this season Go back a week and 6 points from 3 games would have been the requirement so what we get on tuesday is a bonus

Lets go there and be positive and give them a game and set oursleves up for the following saturday.

"He continued: "Karl Robinson (MK Dons’ manager) told me Shrewsbury’s front four were the best they had played against so we knew we would have to be solid defensively."

At the moment we have to be solid defensively every game. If we had reduced the individual errors at the back for the whole season we would be in a much better position. Mainly because we don't score enough goals.

I can see how that Shrewsbury side can cause a team like MK Dons a few problems as Shrewsbury and especially Morgan are very physical up front. MK Dons can struggle in that department. Rodgers is a good player at this level. But Byrne and in particular Mvoto handled the pair nicely, it's one of the few areas where we are set very nicely as Byrne and Mvoto are unlikely to get outmuscled in this league.

If MK Dons struggled against them it tells me a lot more about MK Dons problems, which I'd be looking to exploit, than Shrewsbury's strengths.

Wes is a better player imo. Would rather have him in the midfield if we are fighting a midfield battle than Furman. Dont get me wrong, I like Furman but Wes overall is a great ball winning midfielder. A bit like Gerrard and Lampard, they just cant play together and make us effective.......or at least they season they cant