" Taylor is not ready".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one goal does not make him ready......does it?

what else did he do?

how was his touch?

his awareness?

his movement?

lets not do what this board does all the tme and be very hasty - he is a kid and although i didnt go a mate says he took his goal very well, missed another easy chance and did :censored: all either side of that!

he probably isnt ready and we have tonnes of other stuff to hammer PD with at the moment but dont make this lad better than he is when he has dne nowt.......if he was ready he would have been starting, simple as...it wouldnt matter who was in charge

Edited by palmer1

what elsedid he do?

how as his touch?

his awareness?

his movement?

lets not dowhat this board does all the tme and be very hasty - he is a kid and although i didnt go a mate says he took his goal very well, missed another easy chance and did :censored: all either side of that!

he probably isnt ready and we have tonns of other stuff to hammer PD wit at the moment but dodnt make this ;ad better thn he is.......if he was ready he would have been starting, simple as...it wouldnt matter who was in charge

Hmm, best way to shove it down yer boss is by doing something he doesnt expect you to do....

Apart from the goal what did he do? He was in the right place at the right time to capitalise on their mistake but apart from that he was another young headless chicken.

Dan Taylor, saviour of OAFC my arse. Good prospect but nothing more at this stage. His goal today proves nowt, took the kid time to find his feet in the reserves but he's there now, till the Boxing day game our strikers slot was more than filled by Derbyshire. Smith deserved his chance against Donny and today, was in the right place to miss that gilt edged chance but does look as if he won't be our long term front man.

I hope Taylor goes on to be a cracking player but the overreaction on here is all too predictable.

Apart from the goal what did he do? He was in the right place at the right time to capitalise on their mistake but apart from that he was another young headless chicken.

Dan Taylor, saviour of OAFC my arse. Good prospect but nothing more at this stage. His goal today proves nowt, took the kid time to find his feet in the reserves but he's there now, till the Boxing day game our strikers slot was more than filled by Derbyshire. Smith deserved his chance against Donny and today, was in the right place to miss that gilt edged chance but does look as if he won't be our long term front man.

I hope Taylor goes on to be a cracking player but the overreaction on here is all too predictable.

Indictment on the mentality of the club and fans at the moment. We're clinging onto something to be cheerful and positive about because, simply, there is nothing else that excites us or shows any promise.

This.

what else did he do?

how was his touch?

his awareness?

his movement?

lets not do what this board does all the tme and be very hasty - he is a kid and although i didnt go a mate says he took his goal very well, missed another easy chance and did :censored: all either side of that!

he probably isnt ready and we have tonnes of other stuff to hammer PD with at the moment but dont make this lad better than he is when he has dne nowt.......if he was ready he would have been starting, simple as...it wouldnt matter who was in charge

Good in all those departments today.

Normally I would agree with you, however whilst I understand your sentiments, I don't agree. I've seen enough of the ressies this season and the recent match against Wrexham at Chapel Road convinced me that Taylor was worth his chance. 90 minutes he put in that day played really well and bagged. His movement and positional play have come on a treat and it was a performance starting with a great crossfield diagonal run in the 2nd minute onto a through ball from Mellor at left back to create an early chance to another cracking run onto another Mellor defence splitting pass in the last 5 minutes to bury 1 past the keeper. Now if I can see that in a player why can't the manager? The answer is you have to be there.

Normally I would agree with you, however whilst I understand your sentiments, I don't agree. I've seen enough of the ressies this season and the recent match against Wrexham at Chapel Road convinced me that Taylor was worth his chance. 90 minutes he put in that day played really well and bagged. His movement and positional play have come on a treat and it was a performance starting with a great crossfield diagonal run in the 2nd minute onto a through ball from Mellor at left back to create an early chance to another cracking run onto another Mellor defence splitting pass in the last 5 minutes to bury 1 past the keeper. Now if I can see that in a player why can't the manager? The answer is you have to be there.

Because the manager is blinkered and rigid Harry, he only sees what he wants to see.

Fair point Harry. Inevitable BUT, that was a recent reserve game and it has taken Taylor time to adjust to not playing same year level football and step up to reserve level. It will take him time to step up to league level too, hopefully this won't take too long and BP is once again enjoying the performances of a young lad called Taylor.

It has taken time for Taylor to settle into the area, first time living away from home too, he's a young kid and most struggle to do that without 3000 people watching their first day in a new job. At the same time Derbyshire was doing really well for us, I don't see where Taylor would have fitted in? Apart from 10 minute sub slots which is a bit trite writing this today and to be fair to the lad he wasn't ready to even make those appearances until today but he has been used as a stick to beat Dickov with which is unfair to me.

As long as he scores i dont care how "ready" he is

fair enough

but if he is not ready he will not score enough

he may get 1 or 2 a season, he may even score a winner now and then but if he is not up to it, we will lose more games with players like him in the team

i have nothing personal against Taylor, i hope he does well and scores bag full but how likley is it???

in 12 month time...maybe but not all of a sudden now when he has not even been performing at reserve team level

it stinks of the fans knowing its not working at all and hoping that all of a sudden we have a gem thats not being used in the hope its the answer

i wish it was, it isnt and if he played th next 10 or 15 games im afraid he would ge the same treatment Smith got today

After the goal, a bloke near me was screaming "Are you watching Dickov? Are you watching?!!"

I couldn't be arsed pointing out to this bloke that it was Dickov who made the sub in the first place, so he probably was watching.