Craig Rocastle and Paul Edwards

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:grin::laught30:

Gregan better watch his place if Carololdh is going for a trial.

Think Les should be worried too. Maddog is a mean keeper!

Guest sheridans_world
Port Vale have confirmed Bob, so not a rumour!

Also on our fishal site now.

Edit: Doesnt say anything about Eddie leaving on our site, but does on theirs.

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Just got my 'fishal text on Rocky - its fact...

Am polishing my boots for the Fans mactch - deconstructive central midfielder spot is mine!

:grin:

:grin:

Rocky and Eddy have gone

-

PRESS CONFERENCE

The good news continued at the Vale this afternoon after Martin Foyle added another three new faces to his squad as he continues to work towards a promotion push next season.

He secured the services of Oldham Athletic duo, midfielder Craig Rocastle and left winger Paul Edwards and also moved to bring in young Wolves centre half Keith Lowe on a season-long loan.

Rocastle was playing for Kingstonian four years ago before being snapped up by Chelsea, where he spent the next two years before moving on to Sheffield Wednesday.

He was voted Man of the Match when the Owls beat Hartlepool United in the 2004-2005 League One play-off final at the Millennium Stadium

The 25-year-old moved on to Oldham last summer and netted three goals in 18 starts for the Latics.

He had previously enjoyed loan spells at Yeovil, Hibs, Lincoln and Barnsley amongst others. And at 6ft 2ins will bring both height and experience to the Vale midfield.

Edwards began his professional career with SwindonTown, where he made 11 starts before moving to Wrexham.

He spent two years in North Wales before moving on to Blackpool, where he spent twelve months before signing for the Latics in the summer of 2005.

A left winger with bags of pace, he will move into the void left by the departure of Jeff Smith to restore the balance of Vale's left hand side.

Lowe, a 21-year-old centre half who can also play at full back will spend next season on loan at Vale park after Martin Foyle moved quickly to acquire his services.

Highly rated at Molineux, he as previously been on loan at Burnley, before playing just one game on loan at Queens Park Rangers, before a change of manager at Loftus Road saw him return to Wolverhampton.

He played four games on loan at Swansea City, and returned with a medal in his back pocket after the Welsh outfit won the LDV Trophy at the Millennium and has also spent two loan periods with Cheltenham Town.

ps.. will latics be getting money for both players?

No. For that, they would have actually of had to go to a club with a transfer kitty.

Two decent squad players gone in one day, with no likely replacements lined up it would seem. Hmmm. It may only be June, but by eck. I wish we'd get someone in to put me a bit more at ease. :unsure:

I know I started the thread, but at first I thought it was all a load of rubbish and I'm dissapointed to tell you the truth, but I guess now we must move on and sign replacements, it's not like they were first teamers last season

No. For that, they would have actually of had to go to a club with a transfer kitty.

Two decent squad players gone in one day, with no likely replacements lined up it would seem. Hmmm. It may only be June, but by eck. I wish we'd get someone in to put me a bit more at ease. :unsure:

The point is though that they are squad players and so easily replaceable. There will be hundreds of decent out of contract players available this summer. Many of those players will still be contracted to their current Clubs until July 1.

Port Vale have brought in Edwards and Rocastle as first team players from what I can gather - and they are talking about a push for promotion. Not many Latics fans would be happy to have this pair as anything more than cover.

Regarding signings, there are strong rumours that we have already bagged Gordon Greer and Mark Crossley. I am sure there are loads more irons in the fire. Plus, I'd expect some Season-long loans. Possibly Kilkenny and maybe a couple of players from Chelsea as part of the Philliskirk deal.

The beginning of June is not the time to be panicking!

So we have 8 contracted players at OAFC now

How many of these players are first teamers ????

How many players in a squad does a Promotion chasing team need ???

I'd say at least 24 - So you do the math ...That a lot of players needing to be brought in a bond before the season starts ...

Letting Rocky go IMO was a MISTAKE

I know I started the thread, but at first I thought it was all a load of rubbish and I'm dissapointed to tell you the truth, but I guess now we must move on and sign replacements, it's not like they were first teamers last season

Yep, pretty damn gutted myself.... my last memory of em both would be thier great performances away at blackpool - best two players by a distance in a blue shirt... felt after the match that it may have been a good solid base for them to push on in the coming season...

Oh well - not to be....

The big thing here though, is I have a feeling shez has been tough, and said they are nothing more than squad players next season... obviously they are gonna go somewhere where they will be first teamers - and they will do a job for vale...

In terms of replcements - we are prob looking at them through rose tinted glasses - neither set the world on fire... and I feel there are enough players out there on freebies who will fill thier boots adequately, so many players are available.... shez said he was getting tough and wouldnt make any frinds this close season, think the apathy he is showing in keeping virtually any of last seasons squad is showing he wants a fresh start - and he knows there are enough players available to do this...

P.s - Just read your post inspiral - virtually identical - great minds eh?? great Minds....

Right Shez and Mr Hardy - get back off those beaches and start getting som players in .... 10-15 new recruits (or re-signs) needed now methinks....

Edited by BigfinLatic

P.s - Just read your post inspiral - virtually identical - great minds eh?? great Minds....

......Or fools never differ? :)

I think the fact that TTA have publically said they are going to back Shez with a bigger budget gives him far more leeway to bring in some top quality first teamers and some really decent squad players. He would not have let Rocastle go if he did not think he could get someone better in before the start of the season.

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes. Nor do we know what treasures await us from Stamford Bridge. :)

......Or fools never differ? :)

I think the fact that TTA have publically said they are going to back Shez with a bigger budget gives him far more leeway to bring in some top quality first teamers and some really decent squad players. He would not have let Rocastle go if he did not think he could get someone better in before the start of the season.

Agreed - all that is happining at the mo is that teams are doing some low level sparring for squad players - all the best players are on holiday or checking out offers from various clubs... Rocky and eddie were squad players, lets admit it - good luck to em at Vale, but there are hudreds of players available out there who could fill thier boots....

Lots of transfers to go - but hundreds of available players out there....

I agree the amount of players we need is bulding up heavily.

I think we need 3 more strikers 2 of a decent standard on top on Hughes

If Wellens goes then we have nothing but Macca in the centre of midfielder again 2 quality and 1 back up would be needed

Only got Poggy as a keeper.

Centre Backs we have Stam/Gregan, one who is old the other injury prone, again need a bit of back up for them.

Any back up on the left/right wings at the moment.

And a left back would be nice as well.

Thats alot of transfers :shock:

Stam has yet to sign a contract hasn't he?