" cleverest" latics team

My point was merely that tennis is a middle class sport open to few, Murray had access via his mum's job. I did say he was sportingly privileged (mum a coach, brother to practise with and world class foreign coaching), no mention of finance.

The class issue remains, without it we could possibly be competitive on the world football stage and have more than one world class tennis player per half century. I use we to mean English or British to suit my purpose.

edit: I missed off the quote, response to rudemedic #22.

Edited by Magic Mikey

My point was merely that tennis is a middle class sport open to few, Murray had access via his mum's job. I did say he was sportingly privileged (mum a coach, brother to practise with and world class foreign coaching), no mention of finance.

The class issue remains, without it we could possibly be competitive on the world football stage and have more than one world class tennis player per half century. I use we to mean English or British to suit my purpose.

edit: I missed off the quote, response to rudemedic #22.

I see what you mean, but golf is as middle class as Tennis is IMHO. We don't struggle to produce world class Golfers.

Football is arguably not as lower class as you seem to think. It's popularity is what makes it so accessible.

I see what you mean, but golf is as middle class as Tennis is IMHO. We don't struggle to produce world class Golfers.

Football is arguably not as lower class as you seem to think. It's popularity is what makes it so accessible.

Regarding the golf, we have a competitive middle/upper class, they are competing with similarly privileged blokes globally. Chop a limb off a posh bloke and he gets a gold medal at shooting at the next Olympics.

According to Soccernomics, with statistical evidence, "football has scared away the competitive middle classes" . They also argue that "the best athletes (dismissed by some on here as being thick) have fast mental reactions......and if properly trained would make for high-calibre intellects"

We punch above our weight as a sporting nation, partly because of our history, unfortunately, in some respects, inhibited by it as well. Economically, we are missing out on another pool of talent. I blame the teachers.

I would nominate many solely based on their Twitter gangster-talk...

That quiz on Late Kick Off revealed a lot of about intelligence too!

Unfollowed Belizika and Montano at weekend. I dont even understand half the :censored: they are on about most of the time.

Cristian Montano@CMontano117 Jun

@Bezziekiller yo what's good g?

Cristian Montano@CMontano117 Jun

@Bezziekiller caaaalm#feeeek everyone is good bro... Jheeez. What boumba n them man saying?

Glenn Belezika@Bezziekiller7 Jun

@CMontano11 @bwilzy9 nah I got my youngers doing everything loool we too old g