Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's from Kuwait not Palestine. As a follower of rugby league he's made a fool out of Salford wanting this and that made enemies within the RFL

Seriously don't know what he's done at Salford. I thought he'd stopped them going bust. What's he done and what's he doing? Is he trying to develop a sports portfolio? Salford and Oldham are not exactly going to be giants.

How much money has he got?

RL in this country needs a bloody good shake up

Why? We can't compete internationally but RL is hardly unique in that. I don't necessarily agree with things such as no relegation but it has generated a very competitive and unpredicatble league which makes for some pretty good sport.

He's from Kuwait not Palestine. As a follower of rugby league he's made a fool out of Salford wanting this and that made enemies within the RFL

Dont understand why he has made a fool out of Salford? He's appointed great coaching staff, he is looking to recruit top players he has made a perfectly sensible name change decision and anyone that upsets the RFL is good for me the most incompetent bunch of tools that have run any sport in this country. I know a couple of Salford fans and he seems to be liked by the majority there. Dont know a lot about his wealth but if has got the money and the right ideas he sounds like a good fit.

Why? We can't compete internationally but RL is hardly unique in that. I don't necessarily agree with things such as no relegation but it has generated a very competitive and unpredicatble league which makes for some pretty good sport.

As a London Broncos fan I beg to differ about being competitive ;-)

I think there is a real sense of the game stagnating - the big cheeses - Wigan,Leeds,St Helens,Warrington,Hull are all ok financially, Huddersfield have a sugar daddy, Salford now have one, Catalans are doing ok and everyone else is potless. Koukash's point is that by having such a low salary cap is that you're keeping everyone at a certain level of mediocrity just to keep the likes of Wakey,Cas,Broncos tagging along. If someone's got the money and wants to spend it, let 'em. Licensing is for one of two things - bringing the standards of the teams together or stopping them going bust. It's failed at both. With the salary cap being so low and with the NRL now having squillons to roll around in then there'll be no decent players left soon enough - they'll either be in Australia (perhaps good for our international side) or they'll go to the dark side. There are perhaps 7 teams who can spend to keep the best, let them.

From Feb 2013-

John Walton (Salford Fan) on Twitter to Marwan "You are just what we need at Salford once again thank you"

Mark (Salford Fan) on Twitter to Marwan "Just a quick Tweet your a LEGEND"

If I was in his position I'd stick to RL, you can make a big noise with a lot less money but I'm not and if he wants to pish away money on Latics let him. I must admit there is an alarm bell ringing faintly at the back of my brain but sod it, 17 years in this division - I canna take no more ;-)

As a London Broncos fan I beg to differ about being competitive ;-)

I think there is a real sense of the game stagnating - the big cheeses - Wigan,Leeds,St Helens,Warrington,Hull are all ok financially, Huddersfield have a sugar daddy, Salford now have one, Catalans are doing ok and everyone else is potless. Koukash's point is that by having such a low salary cap is that you're keeping everyone at a certain level of mediocrity just to keep the likes of Wakey,Cas,Broncos tagging along. If someone's got the money and wants to spend it, let 'em. Licensing is for one of two things - bringing the standards of the teams together or stopping them going bust. It's failed at both. With the salary cap being so low and with the NRL now having squillons to roll around in then there'll be no decent players left soon enough - they'll either be in Australia (perhaps good for our international side) or they'll go to the dark side. There are perhaps 7 teams who can spend to keep the best, let them.

I wish the Broncos would dio well but after 20 odd years of trying I'm not convinced it's ever going to happen. They were given (unfair) advantages at various points and it has never really taken off. As for there only being 7 teams that can afford the best - that's more than football!

I wish the Broncos would dio well but after 20 odd years of trying I'm not convinced it's ever going to happen. They were given (unfair) advantages at various points and it has never really taken off. As for there only being 7 teams that can afford the best - that's more than football!

The Broncos really need some central funding - but of course, there just isnt the money and probably not the will either. They cant compete for wages, who on earth is going to take the same wage in London they could get up north? Plus the club has been run in the most inept way imaginable for the past god knows how long. It feels like the end times for them, be a real shame. I've now latched onto the much more fun Hemel Stags - Super League 2030 here we come!

yes but they're Orthodox Jew settlers living at the top of hills in fortified camps. They do not consider themselves Palestinians in any way shape or form.

It's worth highlighting he was born in the 1950's and there has been a few name/border/demographic changes before and since then which could confuse matters somewhat.

Doubt that...he's not in ST rich list. Where's your info come from?

Can't find the website but will carry on looking but that's what was stated. Probably loads of bollocks but some facts though that indicate the size of his wealth -

1. He owns the worlds largest business training company that conducts training in the oil-rich countries

2. He owns in excess of 100 thoroughbred racehorses and one of this countries leading racehorse owners (and very big pals with the billionaire Reuben brothers)

3. Seems to tick Corney's boxes for his successor

In the Liverpol Echo bak in January he self confessed that he wasn't a "sugar daddy" but that same paper described him as a multi-millionaire.

Exciting though as he's sports mad and he is very, very good friends with BILLIONaires and in joint business with them.