...like a New Signing!

I agree new season give the lad a chance! I even saw positives in Wes' performance at Accy and gave him credit for it. And if he stays he will have a vital role within the squad.

New slate for the whole club this season lets get behind the :censored:ing lot of them even our evil master! Who knows what we we could achieve if we all pull together?

Totally agree, get behind the team.

Connor Brown looks to have improved for me as well, so those on his back....give him a bit more game time please!

Totally agree, get behind the team.

Connor Brown looks to have improved for me as well, so those on his back....give him a bit more game time please!

Your opinion in your last post I don't mind you actually analyse his game that was my point rather than just saying a player is trash

I agree new season give the lad a chance! I even saw positives in Wes' performance at Accy and gave him credit for it. And if he stays he will have a vital role within the squad.

New slate for the whole club this season lets get behind the :censored:ing lot of them even our evil master! Who knows what we we could achieve if we all pull together?

Even wes !? This is what I hate about our fans theres always got to be a scapegoat no matter what . Totally unjustified wes getting criticism just because the mellor / smith partnership worked so well he's suddenly :censored: . Bollox .

I thought he was :censored: and would have been red carded if it hadn't been a friendly.

Wasn't brown's tackle a response to one he received? And the ref knew the score?

Hi Connor.

The DVD 'How to be a better RB' is in the post.

Enjoy.

To be fair to Brown he had a good game today. Yes he was over zealous in a tackle early on. But I'd rather see him do that then back out of challenges.

Did you go to the game today? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? Both their goals came from Grounds being caught out if position. In fact Grounds got ripped to bits second half. Brown was very rarely caught out and actually frustrated their players and fans.

Think you're being far too harsh on a young player who seems to be developing.

kings no one is saying your brother (I'm sure I've seen you mention he's your brother) is completely useless but he is a liability at times. He snaps to easy that's one of his problems if he takes a little knock of someone he lashes out like he did today and lets be honest he isnt the biggest of lads but acts like hes the size of big jean. He can't be doing that or he will end up getting more red cards like pompy away last year. Another problem with Connor is he tends to lose it and dives in completely missing to ball and taking his man like he did a few times today. Defending he isn't the worst and has the ability to become decent it's going forward were he needs abit of work especially with crossing which has come on abit from last year. If he learns to stop acting like billy big bollocks and works on his attacking he could become a decent player as I personally don't think he's to bad defending. Would I be looking to bring in a new rb if budget allowed? Yeah personally I would just because of him been a liability at time and at the moment if he gets sent of we're :censored:ed no replacement. Maybe I'm been a bit harsh on your brother kings but thi is just how I feel about him at the moment. Hes maybe had it hard because we are comparing him to Kieran lee but then again maybe Connor has the potential to be as good as he's only 19 ( I may be wrong ) but time will tell. So that's my opinion on Connor not sure if everyone else will agree with me tho kings

No problem with opinions like this fair play although some do think he is utterly useless and put that on here. Don't agree he's liability as one red in a season isn't a bad record but yes needs to be careful on the tackles. Think be wise to have another rb anyway for competition and as you say cover. Cheers

Hi Connor.

The DVD 'How to be a better RB' is in the post.

Enjoy.

To be fair to Brown he had a good game today. Yes he was over zealous in a tackle early on. But I'd rather see him do that then back out of challenges.

Did you go to the game today? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? Both their goals came from Grounds being caught out if position. In fact Grounds got ripped to bits second half. Brown was very rarely caught out and actually frustrated their players and fans.

Think you're being far too harsh on a young player who seems to be developing.

Yep. I went today. That's why i was able to say 'I applauded when he did well'. You know, becuase that's what i believe you should do. There's no point in being so blinkered that you can't give credit where it's due.

When he did well, as I say, I applauded.

That said, sorry - but he's still pants.

No problem with opinions like this fair play although some do think he is utterly useless and put that on here. Don't agree he's liability as one red in a season isn't a bad record but yes needs to be careful on the tackles. Think be wise to have another rb anyway for competition and as you say cover. Cheers

He's not utterly useless and has bags of potential if managed right. Like I said if he works on his attacking play eg crossing then I think that alone would make him look miles better defending I don't think he's too bad at not saying he's the finished artical but I've seen far worst. I know what you mean by one red isn't bad in a season but he got lucky so many times last year and could if arguably of been sent of at least twice just in preseason ( at Stanley and today) I just feel he snaps too easy and is always look for a reason to punch someone. Maybe he wanted to be a boxer when he was younger haha if he could take this out of his game then again he wouldn't be as much of a liability.

Did you go to the game today? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? Both their goals came from Grounds being caught out if position.

Interesting view and not far off the mark. But I don't put the blame on Grounds. Why? Well because I put it down to the way we are playing.

I've read posts tonight about our CB pairing and people tend to look at the initial impact when a goal is conceded and depending who their "favourites" are depends how they see it. Yes Mellor could have done better to prevent the 1st goal. He should have taken a step back instead of forwards as the cross was delivered to give him that extra yard which would have seen him head clear, but hey he is a young lad learning the harsh realities of a high profile position. Yes Tarky should have done better to prevent Patterson getting to the cross 1st to put town in front but hey it's less than 2 years a since he made his debut and he was up against a player who has premiership experience.

Fair play to the 2 young CB's they are learning the hard way and they need to learn quickly, but they are bringing LJ's philosophy to the fore. Get the ball on the deck from the keeper and play our football. That is what TP has brought through the system and LJ is using it.

As for Grounds, he was left exposed for both goals. Monty took the plaudits, quite rightly, today for his all action hight tempo game. BUT..... That flair and excitement we all want to see and that gets us on the edge of our seats comes at a price. And that price is that we can be left open and exposed. The 1st town goal came when Monty was caught out of position and Korey Smith was drawn out of the middle to the left to cover allowing Towns CM's to push on this caused uncertainty at the back and ended up with the ball in the net.

The 2nd Town goal again saw Grounds exposed and the cross was put in. Where was Monty supporting his full back. The answer is nowhere near the scene.

Both goals and both crosses were preventable. BUT do we really want to sacrifice the flair that is on display. Seven goals at BP in 2 games gives us hope.

I'd rather see this type of entertainment than last seasons dross. Yes we will concede with the 2 young CB's, yes our best left back may occasionally be left exposed because of Monty's forages but you know what. I actually don't care because for the 1st time in god knows how long I actually think we will score more than whoever we are playing and that excites me.

Bring on the 2013-2014 season.

As for Grounds, he was left exposed for both goals. Monty took the plaudits, quite rightly, today for his all action hight tempo game. BUT..... That flair and excitement we all want to see and that gets us on the edge of our seats comes at a price. And that price is that we can be left open and exposed. The 1st town goal came when Monty was caught out of position and Korey Smith was drawn out of the middle to the left to cover allowing Towns CM's to push on this caused uncertainty at the back and ended up with the ball in the net.

The 2nd Town goal again saw Grounds exposed and the cross was put in. Where was Monty supporting his full back. The answer is nowhere near the scene.

Both goals and both crosses were preventable. BUT do we really want to sacrifice the flair that is on display. Seven goals at BP in 2 games gives us hope.

^^^^^this

Spot on Harry. I wasn't having a pop at Grounds he's probably one of our most consistent players. I just feel Brown is being unfairly targeted as a weak link. He's young and still learning. Yes he's hot headed but I think he feels he has to come across as a bit of a tough nut. He's only small and will probably be targeted by teams due to this.

The tough tackling has been a feature of all the friendliest for me. All the players have been guilty of some over the top challenges over the last few weeks. Even Baxter put some crunching tackles in yesterday. Maybe this is something the manager is looking for? JCH could easily have been sent of against Macc too. I think the manager wants us to defend as a team from the strikers back.

Basically Brown got cleaned out by their player in their first challenge then repaid him back with interest with the next 2 challenges. Fair play to him. After that he did everything you would want him to do right. He's also enthusiastic, he never shirks possession of the ball. He's always ready to show and ask for a pass even if he's under pressure.