Mark Crossley signs

Gregan: What you think you doing?

Crossley: I'm bigger than you.

Gregan: Sorry.....

Ha Ha! Now that ius a clash of the titans...

Bloomin eck - we actually have a goalkeeper that commands respect.... when was the last time we genuinely didnt cringe when a cross came in (granty - but loan signings excluded...)

This will do wonders for our back line... and defending set pieces...

Would you like to be a forward standing against greegs and crossley???

Just a bit of pace needed next to greegs now.... (and about 10 more players...)

Easy!

Just to arrive back on planet earth..........hasn't he appeared in a couple of 'it shouldn't happen to a goalkeeper vids'?

Yes, but they wouldn't show those dropped by players unheard of would they, i guess. So prob like most keepers, when he drops a clanger, they look shocking, but because he has played at the top level it is highlghted more. :blush:

Bring him on!

Very pleased with the signing. Only slight regret is that we now have a very experienced guy in to coach the keepers yet we just got rid of two promising youngsters. Makes me think that Pogs' option guaranteed him a place that perhaps one or both of them might have filled. Or maybe we have some more very good youths coming through?

Guest oa_exile
His height is listed as 6'0" on the soccerbase website, I had a feeling he wasn't as tall as 6'4" as I once saw him at a Greyhound meeting at Belle Vue.

Maybe he is shrinking with age :wink: Wikipedia as him as 6 ft 4 in / 1.93 m >>Shrinking Giant<<

Guest sheridans_world
Yes, but they wouldn't show those dropped by players unheard of would they, i guess. So prob like most keepers, when he drops a clanger, they look shocking, but because he has played at the top level it is highlghted more. :blush:

Bring him on!

Like Terry Smith?

Guest sheridans_world
Ha Ha! Now that ius a clash of the titans...

Bloomin eck - we actually have a goalkeeper that commands respect.... when was the last time we genuinely didnt cringe when a cross came in (granty - but loan signings excluded...)

This will do wonders for our back line... and defending set pieces...

Would you like to be a forward standing against greegs and crossley???

Just a bit of pace needed next to greegs now.... (and about 10 more players...)

Easy!

Gary Kelly, Legend

Guest sheridans_world
Agreed... but you cant help but want a couple of extra inches... :blink::wub:

:grin: Too true. He Wasnt big enough for me either mate.

Edited by sheridans_world

Gotta add my approval to his signing. A well respected goalkeeper, a legend from his Forest days, bags of experience. Plus he'll soon sort out any jip that the back four (Gregan and his 3 buttocks <_< ) want to give him.

My only concern is, as others say, his injury record. I can seem to remember him being injured in every match when he was at Fulham.

I spoke to my Forest supporting mate last night, he said he would be very happy if they had signed Crossley themselves. He did say however that whilst he had been a fantastic shot stopper for them, he had been awful under crosses. He's had a lot of time to learn since then of course, I'm convinced he'll be a bonus for us.