Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a lot less!

A statement in 2007 on Athletic's website said: "The club can now confirm City have been in touch with a suggestion they buy out the clause which could eventually net a six-figure sum.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latics-reject-micah-buy-out-clause-1036004

So eventually £100k, rather than eventually £999k

IF we got £2 million then what % would we get for squad strengthening?

Argument is that this clause was inherited, not guaranteed so fall outside the financing of stand and paying off the owners loans to club.

It's income, would fall within FFP and, if spent wisely, could be the catalyst for promotion.....

He won't go to for the kind of fee we were talking about in the past that's if he goes at all.

It will go to the stand or paying off the losses don't expect a spending spree in the transfer market.

• 1 month later...

Reckon he could go for between £8m and £12m if there are a few clubs in for him. A few injuries but still a very strong CB/RB who with a run of games could be on the fringes of the England set up.

If we still have that 25% then that's between £2-£3m for us. Would love it to go into securing two or three decent acquisitions but my gut feel is split between the £700k shortfall on the new stand and repaying some of that loan.

Spent wisely that could seriously develop the squad for the next 2 to 3 seasons and boost our chances of doing a Brentford.

Reckon he could go for between £8m and £12m if there are a few clubs in for him. A few injuries but still a very strong CB/RB who with a run of games could be on the fringes of the England set up.

If we still have that 25% then that's between £2-£3m for us. Would love it to go into securing two or three decent acquisitions but my gut feel is split between the £700k shortfall on the new stand and repaying some of that loan.

Spent wisely that could seriously develop the squad for the next 2 to 3 seasons and boost our chances of doing a Brentford.

Should this transpire then even if what you say re the proceeds is what happens, it's less of a burden on the club for the longer term, so anything that comes of it would be a good thing, team building or otherwise

Edited by shefflatic

Please, give over about the :censored:ing loan. Imagine there was no loan. The shareholders could still take some or all of the Richards windfall for themselves. It makes no difference. The loan makes :censored: all difference to anything.

Should this transpire then even if what you say re the proceeds is what happens, it's less of a burden on the club for the longer term, so anything that comes of it would be a good thing, team building or otherwise

Apologies for my rude tone -it's clear been eating at me.

Please, give over about the :censored:ing loan. Imagine there was no loan. The shareholders could still take some or all of the Richards windfall for themselves. It makes no difference. The loan makes :censored: all difference to anything.

Remind me never to take investment advice from you!