Tarky offered new contract

Tarkowski pulling up trees in the Championship? Can't say i'm surprised in the slightest. At all.

And to think, a large proportion of fans wanted rid. Some very respected posters on here too.

I said when he was with us that he'd play Premier League football. I stand by that. He will do.

Classy defenders with more than a bit of edge about them make the step up. He will do.

I hope we do indeed have the sell-on clause, he could well be there sooner rather than later.

Now the Micah deal is finally put to bed, we need another long-winded sell-on clause transfer saga to "entertain" us though dont we?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked up on our old mate Mr. Richards. Fiorentina are currently 0-0 with Genoa. Richards is in his usual position. On the bench.

With a bit of luck he might be back home by Christmas and be sold this time in the January transfer window.

Edited by BP1960

Brentford snatching our most valuable homegrown assets.

Brentford. BRENTFORD. BRENT:censored:INGFORD.

Would you rather play league one football, bottom six, living in a lower working class town on 1200 quid a week or for a Premiership chasing wealthy West London club paying 3000 quid a week?

We are where we are, they are aesthetically and fiscally more viable and attractive to players, it's a sad fact of life.

Would you rather play league one football, bottom six, living in a lower working class town on 1200 quid a week or for a Premiership chasing wealthy West London club paying 3000 quid a week?

We are where we are, they are aesthetically and fiscally more viable and attractive to players, it's a sad fact of life.

I won't deny London is the most attractive proposition, but joining Oldham isn't a case of living in a lower working class town - most players on our books won't live in Oldham. Players probably see, and are sold by those negotiating on the club's behalf, joining Latics as an invitation to live in Manchester or Cheshire, which are far more aesthetically...etc. than most of the 92 clubs have to offer.

While it limits the club in many other ways, the proximity to Manchester will definitely be beneficial in that regard. Actually, if we had been on the same points as Brentford and been able to equal the money they offered him it's very possible he would stay as a result of Oldham's decent location.

Guest Stanley30

I won't deny London is the most attractive proposition, but joining Oldham isn't a case of living in a lower working class town - most players on our books won't live in Oldham. Players probably see, and are sold by those negotiating on the club's behalf, joining Latics as an invitation to live in Manchester or Cheshire, which are far more aesthetically...etc. than most of the 92 clubs have to offer.

While it limits the club in many other ways, the proximity to Manchester will definitely be beneficial in that regard. Actually, if we had been on the same points as Brentford and been able to equal the money they offered him it's very possible he would stay as a result of Oldham's decent location.

Behave mate, a club with ambition and drive or a bog standard league 1 team who have found there level. Never gonna stay and I can't blame him. Fair play to him and I'm keen to see how far he can go

Behave mate, a club with ambition and drive or a bog standard league 1 team who have found there level. Never gonna stay and I can't blame him. Fair play to him and I'm keen to see how far he can go

NewBlue was talking about place rather than club I believe.

Although a nice place to live isn't always the biggest draw for the player. Despite Exeter and the South West being a nice place to live, a lot of the players commute from Bristol. Shez has had similar problems at Plymouth I believe, whereas teams like Walsall, Orient and ourselves will always be able to make simple short term signings.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Selling to a club which is rising through the leagues may prove to be a good move by Latics. In effect it puts Tarks in the shop window. If we had sold directly to a Premier League Club we may have gained more in the short term on the fee, but in my view the lad was always going to end up in the higher echelons playing for a top level team, so it could work out in our favour. Lets hope its not his agent who wrote that match report!

• 7 months later...

Posted on a football forum asking Brentford fans how he has been this season. Here's the response.

"Generally, he's been a quality defender for us. Far too good for League 1, could tell just from his short spell with us last season, his distribution was quality, and we barely ever conceded with him in the team.
He's been found out a bit at Championship level, where he has less time on the ball. His distribution is nowhere near as good, and he can get easily beaten by a long ball. Still a massive fan, and he's our best CB, but he has been a bit error prone this season (like all our centre halves). Cost us points against Bolton last weekend, and made a few errors that should have been punished against Reading.

He's still very young, and can definitely see him playing Premier League at some point in his career, but this season has been tough for him at times."