North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody told me that due to the football league taking back the promised funding of £700k that the stand will only have the seats in it for now.

The interior - ie leisure facilities ,conference rooms etc etc will not be done yet until new finance is available.

Is that correct ??

Somebody told me that due to the football league taking back the promised funding of £700k that the stand will only have the seats in it for now.

The interior - ie leisure facilities ,conference rooms etc etc will not be done yet until new finance is available.

Is that correct ??

if that is correct then the club should start a scheme to raise money towards it.

Is that correct ??

That's how I interpreted SC's recent comments in his interview with the MEN. Link

Quote:

"He also dispelled claims that the playing budget had been hit by having to pay for the new stand currently under construction on the Broadway side of the ground, which has been hit by the Football Foundation withdrawing £700,000.

“They changed their policies and that was a massive blow,” he said. “But we are still hoping the seats and the concourses will be open for fans at the start of next season."

Not too bad that in a day as workers would have had to have a site induction before they started on site this morning

In my experience they could have done that and nipped to the loo whilst they waited for the kettle boil.

That's how I interpreted SC's recent comments in his interview with the MEN. Link

Quote:

"He also dispelled claims that the playing budget had been hit by having to pay for the new stand currently under construction on the Broadway side of the ground, which has been hit by the Football Foundation withdrawing £700,000.

They changed their policies and that was a massive blow, he said. But we are still hoping the seats and the concourses will be open for fans at the start of next season."

As in August? Thought it was still going to take a year or two...

You know, I've grown accustomed to my view now. I'm not so sure I want a big hefty stand in the way of me looking at the back of people's houses.

I've only just come to terms with the loss of the 3 pyramids of gravel...

It's not exactly big, although it will block your view.

Wouldn't it have been better to put as much of the money earning units in place before the seats and concourse, with the money available, At least some income would be forthcoming, it may take years to raise £700,000 unless Smith is sold in the summer.

Wouldn't it have been better to put as much of the money earning units in place before the seats and concourse, with the money available, At least some income would be forthcoming, it may take years to raise £700,000 unless Smith is sold in the summer.

Well, if he is sold four times perhaps. Now that would be good business.

He will be sold but will no doubt go for more like 100/200 k still leaves a shortfall unless city/richards do the honourable thing and part company for about 10 million :)

Archived